Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hypnotoad thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 2 hours ago

Originally posted by: Haalim

It used to trend on youtube. I think Akhara also trended.

I also recall KP and Akhara as the only two Green shows that had several episodes trend on YT.

Green TV Entertainment | Kabli Pulao Episode 14 is Trending on YouTube. We are overwhelmed by your love! Thank you ♥️ Watch Kabli Pulao every Tuesday at 8 pm only… | Instagram

Kabli Pulao Last Episode Is on Trending Watch last episode of Now #GreenTV # trending #viralshort - YouTube

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2E7YyroAxj/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Edited by hypnotoad - 2 hours ago
blahblah131 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Fantasy Fans

Originally posted by: hypnotoad

Akhara got low TRPs but high YT views. Both DT and Feroze have very loyal YT audiences. Even though when their TV shows get mid-TRPs, they get high YT views.

If it was just high hype for Green then KP views would have been very high from the start. KP's TRP did not really breakout until e5. The 1st two episodes had TRP less than 1 and e3 and 4 had sub-2 TRPs. KP became successful because of word of mouth. That's why it got acquired by Zee while still on air.

If you look at average YT views per episode (which is a better way to compare YT views across series with diff episode runs), KP is #3 after Akhara and GM. Which is pretty damn good considering it wasn't available for viewing in India during most of its airtime (and even now it seems).

I didn’t mean that KP got good TRPs and views just because of the initial hype. Rather, Green Entertainment had a lot of hype because of strong content like KP, Jindo, Nauroz, and Jeevan Nagar. However, that hype faded with their second set of shows, which weren’t as good. Even the first batch started strong but couldn’t maintain quality throughout. If you compare the TRP and views of the first batch with the second batch you will see this pattern. IIRC, only Akhara performed well from the second batch and that too, only in terms of YT views and not TRP.

hypnotoad thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: blahblah131

I didn’t mean that KP got good TRPs and views just because of the initial hype. Rather, Green Entertainment had a lot of hype because of strong content like KP, Jindo, Nauroz, and Jeevan Nagar. However, that hype faded with their second set of shows, which weren’t as good. Even the first batch started strong but couldn’t maintain quality throughout. If you compare the TRP and views of the first batch with the second batch you will see this pattern. IIRC, only Akhara performed well from the second batch and that too, only in terms of YT views and not TRP.

I don't quite get what you are trying to say. Green had hype BECAUSE a number of their Batch 1 shows succeeded in attracting viewers. But just because a handful Batch 1 shows got good TRP and views does not mean all Batch 1 Green shows secured high TRP and views. E.g. THKN and Idiot struggled with TRPs despite the starpower and 22Q's TRP was mid too. The daily shows in Batch 1 also struggled with TRPs and views too. KP was successful because the content clicked not because of some exogenous variable called channel hype.

blahblah131 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Fantasy Fans

Posted: an hour ago

Originally posted by: hypnotoad

I don't quite get what you are trying to say. Green had hype BECAUSE a number of their Batch 1 shows succeeded in attracting viewers. But just because a handful Batch 1 shows got good TRP and views does not mean all Batch 1 Green shows secured high TRP and views. E.g. THKN and Idiot struggled with TRPs despite the starpower and 22Q's TRP was mid too. The daily shows in Batch 1 also struggled with TRPs and views too. KP was successful because the content clicked not because of some exogenous variable called channel hype.

You said the same thing in this message that I said in the post that you quoted, please read it again.