Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 23 days ago

Originally posted by: hypnotoad

Geo is doing so poorly. Just one show in Top 10. Meanewhile, ARY has 5 shows in top 10 (4 of which are in top 5) and Hum has 4. Geo's 7 pm daily soap (Haq Mehar) doesn't even make it top Top 20 whereas ARY and Hum ke 7 pm soaps do. JN at least puts up a competition on its timeslot and Kaffara is superhit - rest of Geo programming is all duds whether at 7 pm or 8 pm.

Most of Geo's serials are the same saas-bahu or wife-sauten crap . Khaie, JSA and Alif are the only proper good shows they have done in last few years.

Originally posted by: awida

I don't know why ZPKB's TRPs went down. Was there a cricket match? smiley5

Mann Jogi is a dark serial. It is not an entertainer, so it won't get huge TRPs.

Happy for JSPJ . It did well, maybe because no big competition from the other channels on Wednesdays.

ZPKB’s plot has kind of been at a standstill for more than a month now. None of the subplots are progressing and there are so many of them. So maybe that’s the reason.

I’m caught up to 3 episodes of Mann Jogi now. Yes it’s dark but considering the team and channel it’s still doing really really poorly. This kind of pull is what I would expect if Bilal did a Kashif Nisar project on Green, not Hum tv. This is unexpected at the realm of recent successes like Kabli Pullao and IM by team members. I have heard it’s a 3 part project, first of which is Mann Jogi. Hoping the they work on the vibe of the show for the other two projects so it’s able to pull audiences in.

JSPJ is a typical story but characters are compelling and so far I’m unable to predict it. So I’ve stuck with it. Happy that Zahid Hira and Mamya have managed to keep TRP audience invested. It’s been so nice to see Zahid in two very different roles in this one and GM on air simultaneously.

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

Most of Geo's serials are the same saas-bahu or wife-sauten crap . Khaie, JSA and Alif are the only proper good shows they have done in last few years.

Tbh Noor Jahan and Bismil are exactly that smiley36 but pulling in good audience on other channels. I always say none of the channels are better or worse than the other. They all sell these storylines. But sometimes one clicks and others don’t

hypnotoad thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

NJ is saas-bahu-sautan promax but done really well and also getting very high trps.

KMKT is as typical a story as it gets. It also has saas problems and gharelu masail. But the characterization of leads, relationship development, lead performances is chef's kiss. It is a blockbuster.

Radd was massy masala. At least until E25 or so it had great pace, logical writing, progressive smart characters, side cktrs with arcs. It became a superhit too.

I think what ARY showed us in last few months is that mass masala shows and ghisse pite tropes which is properly written and well executed with some elements of fresh treatment can give you good quality content while becoming big huge hits too. The problem with Geo is not just saas bahu or sautan stories -- it's that many of its massy shows tend to be poorly written, poorly executed and stale, get dragged, and lose entertainment value.

2RsFan thumbnail

Also I feel ARY is far better in showcasing it's shows with unique teasers or promos. In Geo, everything feels the same from storylines , sets to characters.

Also I feel ARY is far better in showcasing it's shows with unique teasers or promos. In Geo, everything feels the same from storylines , sets to characters.

I go wherever entertainment takes me. I’m usually always seeing a mix from all 4 channels smiley36

Waise bhi as soon as SMD airs, Geo Phir se mera favorite bannay wala hai smiley2 Currently only following Ishq Hua on Geo and man has the man splurged $$$ on his baby boy’s project. Film hi bana leta smiley36

2RsFan thumbnail

Originally posted by: tgota92

Waise bhi as soon as SMD airs, Geo Phir se mera favorite bannay wala hai smiley2 Currently only following Ishq Hua on Geo and man has the man splurged $$$ on his baby boy’s project. Film hi bana leta smiley36

If Ishq Hua and Gentleman are huge flops, so is Mann Jogi.

If Ishq Hua and Gentleman are huge flops, so is Mann Jogi.

And I’m watching all 3 smiley37

mala06 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 4

#EmAar (Radd)

Originally posted by: hypnotoad

NJ is saas-bahu-sautan promax but done really well and also getting very high trps.

KMKT is as typical a story as it gets. It also has saas problems and gharelu masail. But the characterization of leads, relationship development, lead performances is chef's kiss. It is a blockbuster.

Radd was massy masala. At least until E25 or so it had great pace, logical writing, progressive smart characters, side cktrs with arcs. It became a superhit too.

I think what ARY showed us in last few months is that mass masala shows and ghisse pite tropes which is properly written and well executed with some elements of fresh treatment can give you good quality content while becoming big huge hits too. The problem with Geo is not just saas bahu or sautan stories -- it's that many of its massy shows tend to be poorly written, poorly executed and stale, get dragged, and lose entertainment value.

Exactly. And its not like it happened all of a sudden. Noor Jahan and Radd took a while to grow. I think KMKT actually though had decent start. It started at 9. And though I am not a fan of Fahad I think he has ground audience pull. Also why on earth did they put Mikaal with Amar. Such a bad casting

Also no competition from Geo is helping too. Geo is in the worst phase. Except JN no showo of Geo is grabbing numbers. Also no any tournament to pull the ratings down.

Edited by mala06 - 23 days ago
mala06 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 4

#EmAar (Radd)

Although I Don’t see KMKT getting JN views on YouTube. JN is undisputed winner on YouTube.