Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 27 days ago

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

Neither Wahaj nor Yumna were big stars during DNTUN . Its subject was so dark that many channels refused to even air it . I mean it dealt with subjects like prostitution and we know how conservative PTV is. It actually got more popular after TB cos many didn’t know YumHaj did another show together.

Wahaj wasn’t a star back then but Yumna definitely was. Didn’t it air after PKS?

Also, I didn’t start the discussion related to it. The other member said that it trended on youtube so I replied to that claim.

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

Neither Wahaj nor Yumna were big stars during DNTUN . Its subject was so dark that many channels refused to even air it . I mean it dealt with subjects like prostitution and we know how conservative PTV is. It actually got more popular after TB cos many didn’t know YumHaj did another show together.

Not just channels. And not just the conservative audience. Actors as well apparently. When I was talking to yumna wahaj about DNUTN, they told me about how many actors had actually turned down the role of Jimmy. Wahaj was the only one who wanted to do this project. Yumna couldn’t stop praising him for it. She loved that he had the guts to take this on.

They are each others biggest cheerleaders. They knew going in how risky this project was but they were so happy with the result and praise it got.

Ary has become New star plus of Pakistan. Whole week toxic and regressive dramas so obviously it will have high trps.

Monday to Tuesday = forced marriage + robot FL who can do everything + Careless hero + romance (Still its enjoyable)

Wednesday to Thursday = aged male second marriage with a vamp

Friday to Saturday = Woi Saas or bahu drama

High trp doesn't mean good content or they are extremely popular . Many shows like these come , become famous and then audience move on to next shows. No impact left by these dramas.

Even stories like these at 7 pm and 9 pm get same trp. As mayeri and baby baji used to get 10+ trps. One of toxic drama Adawat got 18.1 trp.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3aGSZVoqhh/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Edited by Virgo27 - 27 days ago
MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Critical Connoisseurs

Originally posted by: meandwho

This replaced Radd...so there might be some Ary watchers tuning in, the starcast of Nouman Ijaz, Savera Nadeem and the second marriage storyline by Zanjabeel...seems very interesting combination

Ary is having a good run of shows Mon-Sat, What do they air on Sun?

dont think Ary has any shows on Sunday.

I checked the teasers now..Hareem in a negative role is always welcome..loved her in Mere Humdum mere dost in that bewafa character. Not thrilled about the story though, but it will definitely get the trps for obvious reasons.

Originally posted by: tgota92

Not just channels. And not just the conservative audience. Actors as well apparently. When I was talking to yumna wahaj about DNUTN, they told me about how many actors had actually turned down the role of Jimmy. Wahaj was the only one who wanted to do this project. Yumna couldn’t stop praising him for it. She loved that he had the guts to take this on.

They are each others biggest cheerleaders. They knew going in how risky this project was but they were so happy with the result and praise it got.

DNUTN will remain special for all Yumhaj fans. I watched this drama before terebin and i had no idea of Wahaj. But i used to observe from Yumna's stories or posts that she is really comfortable and have friendly bond with this actor. I used to like him as Jimmy because he was a green forest. ❤

Jimmy and rakhi are most adorable pair. And i am happy Wahaj chosed Jimmy. No body knew that this cute couple will be hottest couple of PTV and shatter all records of popularity ❤ MashAallah ❤

Secondly this drama was not heavily promoted like other social based dramas and it was not aired on big channel like Hum tv. But still it left a mark from its first episode on audience that it used to trend on YouTube Pakistan.

spnfan thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Most Posts (July 2022) 1 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Haalim

Humayun thinks very high of KRQ. Nadia said he tried to take GM’s script for another channel probably ARY but Green didn’t leave it. He seemed very much excited for it. It was commercial project through & through. So if people question his star power I don’t see an issue here.

No body questioned DNUTN’s numbers unless it was brought in here as it was a niche project & not a commercial one.

Reviewers were questioning it lately how everybody is after Zarnab when she looks ordinary.

I have very low hopes now for SMD. KRQ has gotten repetitive.

I have even lower hope for manto smiley37. No amount of sajal is gonna make me watch that unless humayun is playing her father or no love line with her smiley37

Originally posted by: spnfan

I have even lower hope for manto smiley37. No amount of sajal is gonna make me watch that unless humayun is playing her father or no love line with her smiley37

It will be such an awkward looking pair. Sajal has a very petite frame & Humayun is tall with well built body. I’m not sure either.

Adnan has played her father, only Humayun has a hero complex.

spnfan thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Most Posts (July 2022) 1 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: KhaqONeal

and yet his fans don’t seem to make their appearance in every thread to gloat about it..

And some people messed with that fandom as well. Same for ayeza. She has been giving back to back hits and her fans don't interact with anyone but even they lost their patience smiley37

Originally posted by: Virgo27

Ary has become New star plus of Pakistan. Whole week toxic and regressive dramas so obviously it will have high trps.

Monday to Tuesday = forced marriage + robot FL who can do everything + Careless hero + romance (Still its enjoyable)

Wednesday to Thursday = aged male second marriage with a vamp

Friday to Saturday = Woi Saas or bahu drama

High trp doesn't mean good content or they are extremely popular . Many shows like these come , become famous and then audience move on to next shows. No impact left by these dramas.

Even stories like these at 7 pm and 9 pm get same trp. As mayeri and baby baji used to get 10+ trps. One of toxic drama Adawat got 18.1 trp.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3aGSZVoqhh/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I think all channels have regressive content. None of them or better or worse tbh. Look at the show which replaced Radd. It’s called Bismil and is written by recent Shiddat mastermind Zanjabeel smiley36 I would love to see Hareem as a villain but no way I’m watching any of Zanjabeel’s writing ever again. Even if the story has hook points her story will get regressive at the end. Har villain ko redemption arc mil jaye ga. I did enjoy her take in Mein though where she didn’t whitewash her villains and ending was actually the best part of the show. But generally I feel she has completely lost her touch.

Originally posted by: Virgo27

DNUTN will remain special for all Yumhaj fans. I watched this drama before terebin and i had no idea of Wahaj. But i used to observe from Yumna's stories or posts that she is really comfortable and have friendly bond with this actor. I used to like him as Jimmy because he was a green forest. ❤

Jimmy and rakhi are most adorable pair. And i am happy Wahaj chosed Jimmy. No body knew that this cute couple will be hottest couple of PTV and shatter all records of popularity ❤ MashAallah ❤

Secondly this drama was not heavily promoted like other social based dramas and it was not aired on big channel like Hum tv. But still it left a mark from its first episode on audience that it used to trend on YouTube Pakistan.

Yeh Sab you theek hai and I agree but why is the DNUTN discussion happening today? smiley37 I can’t see half the posts anymore so now all discussions ka trigger point is kind of lost on me smiley36