Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Hatimoon thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 28 days ago

Originally posted by: tgota92

You mean Mann Jogi? Yeah it’s pretty baffling. Even first episode didn’t have any pull whatsoever and that’s when you don’t even know much. I was expecting a decent first episode views at least and then if it faltered it would make sense. IM wasn’t that long ago in Hum and this was Bilal’s next on the same channel. At least first episode and TRPs should have been reflective of some interest in the show.

GM first episode is at 14 M which tells you that it had early pull owing to the cast and team initially despite being on Green tv. Then people could decide if it was for them or not. Here the verdict on Mann Jogi was already given before it even started. Just proves that audience is king and can make anything hit or flop despite whoever is in it.

IM success wasn't just because of Bilal. It had Durre Fishan fame KTK, an interesting story, and a wonderful catchy OST. The combination of these 4 made it so big.

Originally posted by: Hatimoon

IM success wasn't just because of Bilal. It had Durre Fishan fame KTK, an interesting story, and a wonderful catchy OST. The combination of these 4 made it so big.

Agree about the pair and ost but not about the story. The least cohesive storyline in recent times and the worst editing, and that includes the finale. However, Bilal did garner a lot of praise despite the shortcomings of the show. He’s not a new and up comer either. Aik fanbase hai.

My point is that Mann Jogi being Bilal’s next on Hum after a few months of IM ending should have garnered at least some amount of audience interest. But it didn’t from the get go. Which is odd. If Dure’s next on the same channel performs like this, same thing applies. Hum is not a small channel and has a loyal and established viewership.

Hatimoon thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Agree about the pair and ost but not about the story. The least cohesive storyline in recent times and the worst editing, and that includes the finale. However, Bilal did garner a lot of praise despite the shortcomings of the show. He’s not a new and up comer either. Aik fanbase hai.

My point is that Mann Jogi being Bilal’s next on Hum after a few months of IM ending should have garnered at least some amount of audience interest. But it didn’t from the get go. Which is odd. If Dure’s next on the same channel performs like this, same thing applies. Hum is not a small channel and has a loyal and established viewership.

As I said, IM became big because of multiple factors, not just because of Bilal. When even Danish's drama is not the No. 1 drama on Hum TV currently (though I expect it to gain momentum once Jaan Nisar ends on Geo), then it's too much to expect from Bilal alone.

Originally posted by: nightingale1234

Well, you will hear all these 10+ trps n 4,5,6 billions expectations for the inorganic green shows which clearly is a new channel n has lower reach. But, when it comes to certain someone you will hear excuses like this show isn't for normal audience,not everyone's cup of tea , it's beyond trps n views blah blah blah smiley36

Now coming to mann jogi, I have seen all the episodes, though it's very early to judge anything, there is darkness in every frame n it's not looking good. Didn't find anything extraordinary in the first three episodes n it is very predictable n most of the stuffs we already knew it via promos n teasers. They shouldn't have revealed so much in the promos. And most importantly , the very beginning of the show itself started with halala or whatever you call that..There should have been a proper character introduction n then this should have taken place.Instead they started with halala n then the flashbacks.That's one of the main reason it didn't click.

There is clearly a difference between which shows will get scrutinized and which won’t and why. Thankfully now I don’t even have to see most of the posts so oblivion is actually amazing and working out super well for me smiley16 Kashif Nisar’s last 3 shows (all on Green) were so different and good though. I enjoyed them all. Theek hai Standup Girl and Jeevan Nagar weren’t able to pull much of an audience either but they were such nice light hearted mazay ke shows which you enjoyed. KP was also able to attract people and has the same heroine as Mann Jogi. So you take Sabeena from a recently popular show and Bilal from an even more recently popular show and combine them, I thought this would be one for the history books. I’m not passing any judgement on the content aspect of it yet because I have still to see it but the views and TRPs are inspiring no confidence to start it yet. I have heard a lot of good things being said about Gohar Rasheed. I had predicted that he was gonna slay as the bad guy (he has a phD in that by now), so I’m glad his role is shining. Will catch up this weekend and decide if it’s worth it.

Originally posted by: Hatimoon

As I said, IM became big because of multiple factors, not just because of Bilal. When even Danish's drama is not the No. 1 drama on Hum TV currently (though I expect it to gain momentum once Jaan Nisar ends on Geo), then it's too much to expect from Bilal alone.

Bilal was a big part of IM’s success. Let’s not belittle his input. Its one his most memorable performances even if I didn’t like the story. Credit where credit is due. I’m not going to compare actors like Bilal with Danish or Feroze but cmon Mann Jogi is doing poorly even by the precedent set by Bilal himself and his shows. I didn’t expect it to become a blockbuster like IM, but I was not expecting 2-3 M in views and 4 range TRPs. It might even get worse if more people don’t stick around. Usually shows with established actors have at least a decent opening. Then it may or may not dip but start main everyone gives it a chance. Jo keh idhar nahi howa.

nightingale1234 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

#MeeraSim (Tere Bin)

There is clearly a difference between which shows will get scrutinized and which won’t and why. Thankfully now I don’t even have to see most of the posts so oblivion is actually amazing and working out super well for me smiley16 Kashif Nisar’s last 3 shows (all on Green) were so different and good though. I enjoyed them all. Theek hai Standup Girl and Jeevan Nagar weren’t able to pull much of an audience either but they were such nice light hearted mazay ke shows which you enjoyed. KP was also able to attract people and has the same heroine as Mann Jogi. So you take Sabeena from a recently popular show and Bilal from an even more recently popular show and combine them, I thought this would be one for the history books. I’m not passing any judgement on the content aspect of it yet because I have still to see it but the views and TRPs are inspiring no confidence to start it yet. I have heard a lot of good things being said about Gohar Rasheed. I had predicted that he was gonna slay as the bad guy (he has a phD in that by now), so I’m glad his role is shining. Will catch up this weekend and decide if it’s worth it.

I m yet to like Gohar Rashid here. I loved the mom's character alot. She's really good.

They need to change the dark background asap , it's gloomy n difficult to watch.

Regarding TRPs m also surprised considering the heavy promotions ,cut outs n what not. It's shocking to see it getting such poor responses considering its the comeback of Bilal after IM.I won't comment on Sabeena bcoz she is yet to establish herself n it will be unfair to put this on her shoulder considering this is her second show as a lead.

Another important point is, for a 9 episode drama ,this should have been fast paced ,but it's quite slow n m wondering how will they finish it in 9 episodes.

Edited by nightingale1234 - 28 days ago

I m yet to like Gohar Rashid here. I loved the mom's character alot. She's really good.

They need to change the dark background asap , it's gloomy n difficult to watch.

Regarding TRPs m also surprised considering the heavy promotions ,cut outs n what not. It's shocking to see it getting such poor responses considering its the comeback of Bilal after IM.I won't comment on Sabeena bcoz she is yet to establish herself n it will be unfair to put this on her shoulder considering this is her second show as a lead.

Another important point is, for a 9 episode drama ,this should have been fast paced ,but it's quite slow n m wondering how will they finish it in 9 episodes.

Whole Industry was invited for this show promotions It was heavily promoted Even Ahad ko bi promote Karna para ya show smiley36Phr bi itna bura or dull start smiley21 It raises lot of questions.

Well, you will hear all these 10+ trps n 4,5,6 billions expectations for the inorganic green shows which clearly is a new channel n has lower reach. But, when it comes to certain someone you will hear excuses like this show isn't for normal audience,not everyone's cup of tea , it's beyond trps n views blah blah blah smiley36

Now coming to mann jogi, I have seen all the episodes, though it's very early to judge anything, there is darkness in every frame n it's not looking good. Didn't find anything extraordinary in the first three episodes n it is very predictable n most of the stuffs we already knew it via promos n teasers. They shouldn't have revealed so much in the promos. And most importantly , the very beginning of the show itself started with halala or whatever you call that..There should have been a proper character introduction n then this should have taken place.Instead they started with halala n then the flashbacks.That's one of the main reason it didn't click.

Yeah if some people were expecting 20,30 million views and 10+trp for a green show which has only 5 million followers and only few satellites in whole country then all shows on hum of big actors should get 20,30 million views even its a cause base drama. DNUTN used to air on new channel and its episodes were trended on YouTube even DNUTN was made on really dark theme.

Posted: 27 days ago

Some of the episodes of DNUTN are yet to cross a million on youtube.

The high hopes from GM were because of Humayun. Everyone on different social media platforms was saying that he’s the SRK of Pakistan.

I like to attach the receipts as well. I don’t do hawayi baatein.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-DpSnmsBsrtw3ixlhMdv1OtXXtTYguO-&si=O06XOEUWFt_Nmfia

Edited by Haalim - 27 days ago
Posted: 27 days ago

1000005965.jpg1000005966.jpg

KMKT doing really well