Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Hatimoon thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: hypnotoad

How is Tark-e-Wafa. It seems to be doing decently. What is it about?

The writer for this is also writing Khoon Baha so I am curious to know more about her dramas and if any of them are worth watching.

ARY dramas mostly get high TRPs because it is available in every home. It generates revenue from only advertisements. whereas Hum TV works on an advertisement+subscription model (it generates 70% revenue from ads and 25% from subscription), so it is not available in every home. I don't have info about Geo TV, but I read someone's comment that unlike ARY, it is not available in every home.

awida thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 7

Romantic Reveries

Originally posted by: Hatimoon

ARY dramas mostly get high TRPs because it is available in every home. It generates revenue from only advertisements. whereas Hum TV works on an advertisement+subscription model (it generates 70% revenue from ads and 25% from subscription), so it is not available in every home. I don't have info about Geo TV, but I read someone's comment that unlike ARY, it is not available in every home.

I think Geo too is everywhere. It used to beat ARY dramas. It is just that tough competition favours some channel over the other. ARY dramas have top actors and production value with different stories which are full on drama .. GEO's dramas are recycled which bored the viewers it seems. Also their cast didn't click with viewers.. except for Jaan Nisar no other show has a catching cast.

Edited by awida - 1 months ago
anikamathur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Hamza Sohail

Originally posted by: awida

I think Geo too is everywhere. It used to beat ARY dramas. It is just that tough competition favours some channel over the other. ARY dramas have top actors and production value with different stories which are full on drama .. GEO's dramas are recycled which bored the viewers it seems. Also their cast didn't click with viewers.. except for Jaan Nisar no other show has a catching cast.

Kaffara is clicking audience

awida thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 7

Romantic Reveries

Originally posted by: anikamathur

Kaffara is clicking audience

Yes. It is . But it faces tough competition from Tere Jaane Ke Baad. I expect Kaffara to gain higher TRPs in future.

blahblah131 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Fantasy Fans

Originally posted by: Hatimoon

I am from Pakistan and never heard about the ads and subscription model. Hum is also available like Geo and Ary. Did they change anything recently?

Hatimoon thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: a month ago

Originally posted by: blahblah131

I am from Pakistan and never heard about the ads and subscription model. Hum is also available like Geo and Ary. Did they change anything recently?

ARY makes money from ads only which means that ARY channels are free whereas Hum network makes money from ads & subscription which means that Hum channels aren't free.

1000005882.jpg1000005884.jpg

Saturday and Sunday ratings

Gentelman doing really great both in trp and views smiley20smiley20

MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Critical Connoisseurs

Noor Jahan deserves all the trps it is getting..excellent direction, good pace, amazing screenplay..Zanjabeel and Musaddiq both deserve lots of credit for getting it right..they are the real winners of this show. Poor Zanjabeel was being hated on, before this..for no reason...smiley15 and before anyone says..but its saas bahu..yes it is..and yet so layered ..so many characters are there in the show and each of them get a margin to perform and deliver...its not always the writer's fault...just saying.

anikamathur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Hamza Sohail

Originally posted by: MaxMayfield

Noor Jahan deserves all the trps it is getting..excellent direction, good pace, amazing screenplay..Zanjabeel and Musaddiq both deserve lots of credit for getting it right..they are the real winners of this show. Poor Zanjabeel was being hated on, before this..for no reason...smiley15 and before anyone says..but its saas bahu..yes it is..and yet so layered ..so many characters are there in the show and each of them get a margin to perform and deliver...its not always the writer's fault...just saying.

It was the director that saved noor jahan not zanjabeel BTW I wish Parisa Siddiqui wrote Noor Jahan