Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Posted: 1 months ago

Here is the latest info:

19:01 Local Time, 13:31 GMT, 19:01 IST: Toss will be at 7:40pm and the match will start at 8pm. No overs will be lost.

1184330 thumbnail

7:00 pm The players from both camps have begun their warm-ups. It is not raining at the moment and hence, a couple of Sri Lankan players are checking the pitch. Now Indian head coach Gautam Gambhir takes a closer look at the surface for the third T20I.

Edited by Aurora_77 - 1 months ago
1184330 thumbnail

19:02:02 (IST)

JUST IN: Toss to take place at 7.40 pm IST, with match starting at 8 pm.

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Pitch report by Russel Arnold: Strong wind blowing across should blow away the concerning clouds but there could be intermittent showers. We're on a new pitch, right next to the one used in the last two games. This is drier, the cracks are evident so it is going to turn. Slower balls are going to be effective. There's dew, the ball will come back wet and slide. You are certainly wanting to chase. Pitch should hold up 160-170 is the total you're looking for. The slower you bowl, the harder it will be for strokeplay. Dew is going to make it very hard to grip the ball.

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

The players are all out there and warming up. Looks like there are some damp patches that they're hoping to work on and hence the rather long delay for the start of the game.

Savera84 thumbnail

Good news: Toss at 7.40pm, start at 8pm local time. No reduction in overs. A fresh pitch will be used this evening. The players are out warming up.

1184330 thumbnail

7:10 pm: Russell Arnold telling us that there could still be intermittent showers. He also refrains from committing to any weather forecast as doing that is an impossible task in Pallekele. The pitch today is different to the one that was used for the first two matches. This is drier, the cracks are evident so it is going to turn, says Arnold. Slower balls are going to be effective. There's dew, the ball will come back wet and slide. You are certainly wanting to chase. Pitch should hold up 160-170 is the total you're looking for.

Savera84 thumbnail

Arshdeep Singh: (On his journey in international cricket) I am very grateful, you always dream to play for your country and I have received a lot of support. I like the pressure, I like tough situations and I want to perform in those situations. I try new variations - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, I focus on the process and not results. I have been lucky enough to play with great bowlers like Bhuvi, Bumarh and now Siraj as well. The vibe (in the team) is really nice, the environment is very light, we are having fun, we are having each others' back.

The players are all out there and warming up. Looks like there are some damp patches that they're hoping to work on and hence the rather long delay for the start of the game.

Pitch report by Russel Arnold: Strong wind blowing across should blow away the concerning clouds but there could be intermittent showers. We're on a new pitch, right next to the one used in the last two games. This is drier, the cracks are evident so it is going to turn. Slower balls are going to be effective. There's dew, the ball will come back wet and slide. You are certainly wanting to chase. Pitch should hold up 160-170 is the total you're looking for. The slower you bowl, the harder it will be for strokeplay. Dew is going to make it very hard to grip the ball.

SoniRita thumbnail

India

ALANKRIT RAJ: I think KL Rahul deserves a chance in the t20I setup as well . Still remember his centuries in West Indies and England that series victory in NewZeland where he captained for the first time in absence of Virat and Rohit .

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Arshdeep Singh: (On his journey in international cricket) I am very grateful, you always dream to play for your country and I have received a lot of support. I like the pressure, I like tough situations and I want to perform in those situations. I try new variations - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, I focus on the process and not results. I have been lucky enough to play with great bowlers like Bhuvi, Bumarh and now Siraj as well. The vibe (in the team) is really nice, the environment is very light, we are having fun, we are having each others' back.