🏏 Sri Lanka vs India 2nd T20 in Pallekele @7 PM 🏏

Match Discussion

WildestDreams thumbnail

India

Posted: 1 months ago

As Gautam Gambhir's stint as the new Team India head coach began with a comfortable 43-run win against Sri Lanka in the 1st T20, the Men in Blue would be looking forward to take an unassailable lead in the 3-match series on July 28. IND vs SL 2nd T20 match will be played on Sunday at 7 PM IST. India performed well in all the categories of the match and made sure that Sri Lanka couldn't get a win despite a nervy start to the 2nd innings where the Lankans were given a challenging 214-run target to defend courtesy of a good batting display. Suryakumar Yadav led from the front as he scored a fiery fifty on the night which was followed by Rishabh Pant's 49 runs. Opener Yashasvi Jaiswal also performed well wiha 21-ball 40 at the Pallekele International Cricket Stadium.With the 2nd T20I today, it will be interesting to see what combination of players Gautam Gambhir goes with keeping in mind the workload of players.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

WildestDreams thumbnail

India

India vs Sri Lanka 2nd T20 Probable Playing 11

India Playing 11 probables: Shubman Gill, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Suryakumar Yadav (c), Rishabh Pant (wk), Riyan Parag, Hardik Pandya, Rinku Singh, Axar Patel, Ravi Bishnoi, Arshdeep Singh, Mohammed Siraj.

Sri Lanka Playing 11 probables: Pathum Nissanka, Kusal Mendis (wk), Kusal Perera, Kamindu Mendis, Charith Asalanka (c), Dasun Shanaka, Wanindu Hasaranga, Maheesh Theekshana, Matheesha Pathirana, Asitha Fernando, Dilshan Madushanka

WildestDreams thumbnail

India

Sri Lankan player to watch out for:Pathum Nissanka smacked 79 off 48, hitting seven fours and four sixes, but he had little support and Sri Lanka. The hosts will again be banking on the southpaw to give Sri Lanka a flying start in the powerplay.

Indian player to watch out for:Suryakumar had the toughest batting assignment of the day of an Indian as not only the openers Shubman Gill and Yashasvi Jaiswal, who had smashed 74 runs in just 6 overs, had fallen off successive deliveries. Captain Suryakumar Yadav will again be in the focus on Sunday.

WildestDreams thumbnail

India

Sri Lanka vs India Pitch Report

Pallekele pitch was flat in the first match and we can expect another batter paradise in the next two games. Although dew didn’t play a role on Saturday but batting second will be a safer option.

Sri Lanka vs India Weather Report

The chances of rain during the second T20I between India and Sri Lanka in Pallekele is approximately 17-19%. Therefore, the match is expected to proceed without significant weather interruptions.

1184330 thumbnail

Thanks for the thread

All the best Team India smiley20

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Thanks for the thread and for tagging me Parm. smiley31

Best wishes to both teams, a bit more for India. smiley10

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Suryakumar Yadav started his time as India's full-time T20I captain with a player-of-the-match performance in Pallekele. His 58 off 26 balls helped India beat Sri Lanka by 43 runs in the first T20I and the world champions now have a chance at sealing a win in the three-match series if they win today.

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

India had positives to take from the first T20I in almost all departments. While it is usually Yashasvi Jaiswal doing the attacking and Gill holding up the other end, runs came from both batters during the belligerent opening stand. Jaiswal scored 40 in 21 balls and Gill smashed 34 in 16 as they put up a partnership of 74 runs in just 36 balls. While India lost wickets quickly in the death overs, they also scored a lot of runs, testified by the fact that Matheesha Pathirana conceded 40 runs while taking four wickets.

With the ball, an unlikely wicket-taker emerged in the form of Riyan Parag. He got the wicket of Kamindu Mendis in the 17th over and then dismissed the last Sri Lankan batters off the first two balls of the last over. He finished with figures of 3/5 in 1.2 overs.

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Suryakumar's incredible record vs Sri Lanka

India vs Sri Lanka Live Score, IND vs SL 2nd T20I: His half-century yesterday was his third 50-plus score against Sri Lanka in T20Is. Suryakumar has 312 runs in six matches against Sri Lanka at a strike rate of 167.74 with three half-centuries and a century.

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Thanks for the tag n thread WD