Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

moosewithagoose thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Sajal Aly

Posted: 1 months ago

Finally caught up with the last two episodes..Obviously there were flaws in both writing and direction but overall the episodes were enjoyable and Radd is I can say my second most favorite drama of this year after Jaan E Jahan..both had great male and female leads who stayed consistent in their character, esp Iman has to be one of the best written female leads we got in ptv and my favorite character in Radd.

Sajal Aly

Salar also remained a green flag throughout the show but he also has that annoying itv female lead syndrome of being mahan to a fault. I don't buy him being soo kind and forgiving to shaila and kamran - two people who have tortured him consistently throughout his life.

After the whitewashing they did of all the negative characters in this show, I was relieved they did not show Jamin also having a change of his heart and repenting. Would have liked it more if Kamran, Shaila and Jamil also got their dues.

Sajal Aly

The last scene of today's episode was my absolute favorite. Both Hiba and Sherry nailed it along with the dialogues and lil anaya is just too cute.

But I didn't enjoy how so many scenes of Salar Iman seemed to be shot separately. It would have been nice if at least in the graveyard scene we saw Iman comforting Salar. Sherry was too good in the emotional scenes.

Sajal Aly

The most weakest part was of course sending Salar to a mental asylum for his treatment. Achha khasa insan ko pagal-khane bhej diya smiley36

It would have been more logical I guess if they focused more on Salar's mental health issue instead of him acting like a hero and handling everything but I would say, this kind of separation track is more palatable than showing separation track due to some misunderstanding or third person issue.

Sajal Aly

Also was least interested in the cameo of useless laiq mamu and that niqamma jamil. Jamil should have also been rotting in jail.

Sajal Aly

Things Radd did right

Great female lead - finally a realistic, modern, progressive female lead who is not rude, badtameez, or egoistic and is also empathetic, has her own values and knows how to give it back and stand up for herself.

Salar was a positive character who remained consistently good throughout the show, wasn't toxic or unreasonable anywhere.

The father of the daughters was a positive and supportive father instead of being a toxic one. Kudos for the actor for living throughout the show despite having cancer, in most cases when he is the father, he usually dies in the show. smiley36

All the daughters were shown to be empowered in their own way and knew when to stand up for themselves eventually.

Zain although was annoying for the most part and nobody cared for him, he remained a grey character and did not turn out to be full on obsessed psycho ex.

Sajal Aly

Things Radd did not do right:

Zain character should have been performed by a better actor. Arsalan totally made him unlikeable.

Whitewashing too many negative characters.

Too much focus on Savera track and zain after his reentry.

Too many unnecessary side characters that did nothing to add to the storyline instead of eating up screen time like Laiq mamu, raha, adnan...

Poor handling of Salar's mental health issue making the asylum track seem like a joke.

Overall I would rate Radd a 7/10.

princessjojo thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: moosewithagoose

The most weakest part was of course sending Salar to a mental asylum for his treatment. Achha khasa insan ko pagal-khane bhej diya

haha true

Poor Salar only had one fixed delusion. He didn’t have to go to an institution for that lol

princessjojo thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Also I enjoyed the last scene but man they took too long to hug. Long drawn out dialogues should’ve come after the hug

Also- where was Salar expecting Iman to be?? If she had moved on, they would’ve had to sign divorce papers and he would’ve been in the know. The writer should’ve paid more attention to detail but kudos to her for writing a non-toxic love story between Salar and Eman.

They’re still the best couple in recent times for me. I felt they had chemistry, respect and a great build up.

Finally watched the episode. Liked the fact that episode was based on salaar and imaan. Last scene was highlight of the episode. After Watching that I got sad because definitely gonna miss imaan and salaar and also because makers had not done justice with such amazing onscreen pairing.

Salaar's treatment is asylum was not needed. Most bizarre thing was that imaan got pregnant and gave birth of ananya all alone and salaar did not even know this. This would have been much better if they have shown mini separation then while reuniting imaan would have told her that she is pregnant. And they have shown leap with baby ananya.