Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: bips

This show went downhill around the time zain came back, they whitewashed everyone, had the extended saveras story and salaar and emaan took a backseat

Show ended in that mehndi's episode after that it just got ruined.

anshvi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

A good final episode.

I am going to miss watching Radd. Salaar has become my one of my most fav male leads & Salaar-Emaan's love story was so beatiful! Both characters were so well written

As expected, the last episode focused on Salaar and Emaan. Salaar didn't want Emaan to carry the burden of what he was going through; it was too much for him to let her suffer alongside him. He chose to bear it alone rather than placing the responsibility on Emaan to help him heal. He went to the asylum to get treated and let Emaan go so she could lead a better life. This was a progressive thought because, in most shows, the responsibility is often placed on the woman to make everything right. Wives are often portrayed as rehabilitation centers for their husbands, which shouldn't be the case.

Salaar tried to be selfless in love by setting Emaan free, and Emaan, who selflessly loved Salaar, waited for him. She chose to stick by him, even if she wasn't there with him in person & he refused to meet her in the hopes that she would eventually give up on him & move on. But Emaan didn't give up! She waited for him which was beautiful.

They both loved each other, and selfless love is the purest form of love, which I found the most beautiful aspect of their relationship.

A couple of issues:

Instead of showing the baby, I feel Emaan and Salaar should have reunited after he returned from the asylum/rehab. Then, after a mini leap, the final scene with the baby could have been shown. This way, Salaar and Emaan would have gone through the entire process of pregnancy, delivery, and raising their baby together. This would have been more befitting as per me.

In the cemetery scene, Hiba should have been with Sherry. It seemed again that her shots were taken separately when Salaar was crying at his mom's grave.

Overall, it was a nice episode with a beautiful ending nonetheless; all the loose ends were tied up, and it was almost what I had expected.

mala06 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 4

#EmAar (Radd)

Originally posted by: bips

Btw i will disagree with everyone that says this show created mental illness awareness.... Initially yes by showing the trauma... But then they just bandaged the solution by saying oh! Go to the therapist and everything will be miraculously ok..... And now he was in some sort of an institution whereas his illness didn't exactly require it... He wasn't a recovering addict

Now it's all wrapped up with a pretty bow... Just go somewhere for few months and all problems will be resolved like magic..

I agree. They did initially but today's episode they didn't show it well. Like no one goes to mental asylum for someone on his conditon. They go on a medication however there is no guarantee that it will heal even by medication. I thought they would show that and how it impacts family members. They could have show it having mental toll on Imaan so he decides to leave her but Imaan doesn't.

mala06 thumbnail

#EmAar (Radd)

Originally posted by: NINALOGY

They taught us how to be patient and bear all unnecessary dragging.

Did you watch the episode?

Originally posted by: mala06

Did you watch the episode?

Not yet

Will watch after getting free. Phir araam sy dekhon gi imaan salaar ko smiley9

mala06 thumbnail

#EmAar (Radd)

Originally posted by: NINALOGY

Not yet

Will watch after getting free. Phir araam sy dekhon gi imaan salaar ko smiley9

There were some issues. But overall its good. I cried watchig todays episode. Will miss Emaan and Salaar so muchsmiley19

mala06 thumbnail

#EmAar (Radd)

Despite all the drag I will miss the show for Emaan and Salaar and their characterization. Emaan was well written female lead so was Salaar and their story as a general. Other character only I will miss are Emaan family. I miss Naadir and Emaan friend toosmiley19. Other characters I really don't care.

Edited by mala06 - 1 months ago

A good last episode overall.Best part was that it focused mostly on Emaan and Salaar.The negative was obviously that mini separation.As everyone mentioned,there wasn't a necessity of him going to the asylum and staying there.Now we see ke even Jameel repented.So,only Zaamin doesn't repent.Very unnecessary whitewashing of many characters.Emaan-Salaar and their relationship would be the reason this drama will be remembered.

How long was the time leap?The kid didn't look that much of an infant.

mala06 thumbnail

#EmAar (Radd)

Originally posted by: G259

How long was the time leap?The kid didn't look that much of an infant.

I think it was one and half year.