Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

basherz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 days ago

Originally posted by: JustRandomGirl

Litton gave up after they couldnt make it after the 12th over, that was the problem. I think he wanted AFG to go not AUS smiley37 Soumya is a T20I batter but his problem is his serious inconsistency (same for Litton tbh, but Soumya’s case has been worse). Hridoy despite playing his first T20Iwc showed more courage than most of the batters in the squad, considering the conditions he had a good WC.

The players that disappointed me the most was Shakib and Mahmudullah. They proved you dont really need seniors in T20I cricket and an example why Thala removed all seniors in 2007 T20WC and India won that WC! Thala for a reason smiley36

minor correction, MSD did not remove seniors but it was seniors who decided to opt out, they felt T20s is for the newer generation. Rahul Dravid was the captain at tht point in time. Still that team had Sehwag who was a senior. SRT, Dravid, Ganguly opted out of T20's by their choice.

JustRandomGirl thumbnail

Originally posted by: basherz

minor correction, MSD did not remove seniors but it was seniors who decided to opt out, they felt T20s is for the newer generation. Rahul Dravid was the captain at tht point in time. Still that team had Sehwag who was a senior. SRT, Dravid, Ganguly opted out of T20's by their choice.

Thanks for letting me know, idk why I read in several places MSD removed seniors. Must be twisted words smiley36
basherz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Thanks for letting me know, idk why I read in several places MSD removed seniors. Must be twisted words smiley36

no worries smiley16

2007 T20 WC was the first series as a captain for MSD, Yuvraj was vice captain under Dravid until then. SRT suggested to BCCI,  MSD as a choice to lead India, based on his own admission in various interviews, pipping over Yuvraj. Yuvraj was mostly overlooked probably due to his partying nature back then.

MSD removed seniors after he was established as captain, especially Sehwag & co, some played in tests alone for a few yrs.

People create their own little histories thanks to their crazy fandom & whatsapp universities smiley37

Even Irfan Pathan was vice captain for a while, maybe he captained India in a match or 2 when Dravid was unavailable, don't recall. Only Yuvraj didn't have the chance of captaining even once, even after being vice captain under 2 different captains.

Bacillusbadius thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sevenstreaks

Lol at this point looks like memebers will be okay if IND didnt get d trophy but not AUS

Don know why this much hatred 

It's our players lost golden oppurtunity in their homeground 

Not their fault if they played well that day 

It happens in cricket 

See here  even hosts got eliminated smiley39

Yeah same thoughts

On that particular day Aus played well and won

Anyway now they are eliminated

Bacillusbadius thumbnail

Congratulations Afghanistan National Cricket Team (Mens) for winning this match and reaching to Semi Finalsmiley20smiley32smiley40smiley41

Congratulations Naveen-ul-haq for winning POTMsmiley20smiley32smiley40smiley41

Bangladesh National Cricket Team (Mens) also gave tough fightsmiley20smiley32

One of the thrilling and intriguing match, rain played crucial part

Bacillusbadius thumbnail

Ye mere saath kya ho raha hai

Jis bhi team ko support kiya woh saare eliminate ho gayesmiley28smiley19

SL

NZ

WI

Aus

Hope now at least SA winssmiley27

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Originally posted by: basherz

is it bcoz u support them or u would fancy winning against Afghans in final compared to Saffas if India makes it to finals smiley17

I like AFG team and I want them to beat major teams except offcourse ind but ya it would be cool if its ind vs afg in finals nosmiley16
BeingBlunt thumbnail

WPL Wizzards

Originally posted by: dusk2dawn

My dad feels match fix ho gayi hai itna bakwaas khela hai Afg ne smiley37

He got angry just like rashid did in last over, his face legit says “Bik gayi hai gorment”smiley36

Sometimes some of the teams (2 green teams are prime suspect) are so bad that an English proverb fits them. smiley36

'Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity/incompetence' smiley37

BeingBlunt thumbnail

WPL Wizzards

Though I am BD fan I am glad AFG made it to semissmiley27 Afghanistan 100% deserves the semis spot, they did well in all 3 departments this time. Even beat quality teams like NZ and AUS.

As for BD, finally I saw some intent by them today. I appreciate the fact they actually tried to chase in 12 overs to take the chance and qualify for semis(in the past they wont do that), they actually did well in powerplay but lost too many wickets. But Mahmudullah Buddhe didnt even try smiley7, which proves why u should not have buddhes in T20I. I wish there was one more batter that played well like Litton Das today or BD could have restricted Afg under 100, but its always the bowlers who r contributing. Or if only they were a bit more aggresive vs India or Afghanistan their NRR wont have been this bad.

Why did Litton give up? He was giving strike to tailenders. A match win is a match win. Also BD would have kept thier winning record vs afg. That was stupid man.

Also it's not like they wouldn't chased and reach at all. They didn't even try after few overs. 

Like learn from what happened with afg in Asia cup. They never stopped trying no matter what and lost just due to miscommunication. Once they couldn't they gave up. 

Like I said, no matter what Litton seems to be most reliable batter in crunch matches. 

JustRandomGirl thumbnail

Originally posted by: BeingBlunt

Why did Litton give up? He was giving strike to tailenders. A match win is a match win. Also BD would have kept thier winning record vs afg. That was stupid man.

Also it's not like they wouldn't chased and reach at all. They didn't even try after few overs. 

Like learn from what happened with afg in Asia cup. They never stopped trying no matter what and lost just due to miscommunication. Once they couldn't they gave up. 

Like I said, no matter what Litton seems to be most reliable batter in crunch matches. 

Litton was laughing when Gulbadin was doing acting smiley37 I think he wanted AFG to qualify instead of AUS smiley39 Anyways every BD batter have this issue they don’t have the guts, and simply give strike to tailenders. Well Taskin and Tanzim can bat a bit but both struggled today so giving them strike was a bad idea that too vs AFG bowlers. 

Apparently I saw somewhere Shanto said that when they lost 3 wickets they decided to play for win instead of semis. Their coach also say Super 8 was their target and whatever afterwards is bonus. Such defensive mentality wont get BD anywhere smiley39 This team is not that bad but they are victim of terrible management.

Though I feel some like Litton, Soumya and Hridoy did try anyways, but Mahmudullah completely ruined the game.

There is a reason why my fav is Mushy and Litton from BD smiley36 Though I like Litton a lot , his inconsistency has been very disappointing, he didnt even utilize 10% of his talent. Stupid management played Hridoy at 6, the only guy who had some sort of form, if he was promoted and played with Litton together I think they had a chance to win.