Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anu41982 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

Originally posted by: tgota92

I wasn’t here during Tere Bin airing but having seen it without so much dissection, I also thought the same things! smiley36 We were just discussing about it today so I’ll post my thoughts here for you as well.

I think it was going to be implied through Haya that it was MR with the audience thinking along it too only to be cleared in that hotel scene with Meerab where she’s thinking about him and clearing it up for the audience. I think her running away was going to be a mystery for a while but seeing the backlash the makers didn’t want to play with the audiences emotions and showed it right away that it was consensual. Nooran was still sick to kind of imply it though and keep the audience guessing. But anything for shock value right smiley29

If you see Meerab’s scene in the hotel that’s not someone who was just raped 😂 she was literally missing Murtasim 2 seconds later. It was more about her being shocked at herself and being in denial and running away. She couldn’t come to terms with what she had done and what had transpired especially given the circumstances under which it happened and the whole Haya situation. The scenes we get of Meerab are even reflecting on that keh how could she have been okay with Haya? So the contemplation she does is basically missing Murtasim and not dealing well with her trust issues.

I guess we will never know but this is what I believe happened. Maybe things were different for people on SM when you guys were analysing it all BUT as someone who didn’t this is what I understood - sometimes over analysing and too much info can change expectations

last episode main it was important to show their growth. Neither Murtasim questioned about Farrukh or Rohail and neither did Meerab question him about Haya. Why would they? Ghalti Haya ki tou nahi thi it was Meerab who ran away and left him for years. So I saw a maturity in both which was absent before. They chose each other over their egos and mistrust. And forgave each other.

Imagine a scene where Meerab had questioned him about Haya! It would have looked so immature of her again and needless waste of screen time. Instead we saw complete acceptance and understanding. Sometimes staying silent is what’s needed and for two people who NEVER were? That showed growth to me. Kis moo se Meerab poochti uss se yar after leaving him with no hope? She was in no position to demand answers. Bus khush thay dono to finally be together which worked for me smiley27 all that mistrust and taunts in the past smiley20

Now some people also point to the apology at the end of the series… People who thought it was apologising for MR are the same people who always whitewashed Murtasim and placed the blame on Meerab since day 1. Murtasim was a red flag throughout the show. Was he making efforts with Meerab, yes! Did wahaj make him likeable? Yes! But he was a red flag through n through. He always believed Haya over Meerab, never gave her benefit of the doubt, mistrusted her with Rohail, taunted her, asked her to jump off the roof - people keep forgetting that he did plenty of crap. Their main issue was their lack of trust and misunderstandings. A big part of that separation track was Murtasim realizing that it wasn’t rohail or meerab’s fault but he also had a part to play and despite trying Meerab simply couldn’t love him. That’s what he ultimately was forced to believe when Meerab left. That she left because of his way of thinking and lack of trust. They separated also under the worst situation when they both didn’t trust each other. So the apology Mujhe tou blanket apology hi lagi thi that he wanted to be a reasonable man now and give her his trust and her freedom.

Idk you have to keep in mind that some people were also hating on Tere Bin at that time and some people might have skewed that moment for some fans. Everyone was quick to pinpoint keh if it wasn’t MR then what’s the sorry for? Forgetting entirely that Murtasim koi doodh ka dhulla howa kabhi bhi nahi tha. It’s just people hating on Meerab and white washing Murtasim who think keh MR could be his only crime smiley36 And the apology was for one specific thing. Halaan ke Apology was for their overall relationship and how bad things went for them - which is why he says I’ll become whatever you want me to become now.

Even when this whole storyline never even ended up happening in the show some randoms will insinuate that it happened just to trash on the show when reality is that whether it was there or not, the makers respected their audience and listened. Given how arrogant show makers we have these days this was something novel indeed. Look what happened with recent hit shows which were disasters. Channel and makers couldn’t even respect the audience and kept churning out crap. So I love that 7th sky looked at the bigger picture and didn’t keep anything for shock value but adapted it in a better way. Kudos to them.

Agree with you regarding the apology of the finale episode. That was a blanket apology from Murtasim’s side. I think I have mentioned this in some other post that both Me and Mu are flawed – they did some stupidest shit that led them to the final separation. Though I’d not categorize them as ‘red flags’, both of them made mistakes, they were like tit for tat. Murtasim’s apology was for everything that went wrong between them. I know people were quick to judge this apology as him saying sorry for a potential MR, but as you said, me too never thought it that way. For me, his apology was for many things – for failing in protecting her when he had promised to protect her and letting the anger get better of him that day, for letting his own guilt overshadow and leaving her behind that day when she needed him the most, for not coming back to her quickly enough, not being able to find her, for not really taking her concerns about Haya seriously and not acting upon her concerns, for not giving any chance to understand her point of view in Mariam issue and for letting his insecurities cloud his judgement regarding her stand on Rohail. And also, may be for not being there with her and support her when she brought their daughter into this world too! It could have been for all these!

And the other fact I saw many were putting forward to conclude it was MR was that if it was consensual, why did she leave AND why did he feel guilty about that. The reason he felt guilty was pretty simple, no? On their wedding day, she put a contract between them. This was their very first agreement and vow – before signing their marriage papers, they actually signed on that contract and said ‘qubool hai’ for that agreement. For their marriage vows to work, they have to move past that, because the contract was their first vow to each other. What did the contract signify to Murtasim? It is a matter of her trust for him – it literally meant that his words were not enough for her. It is his first vow to her, but it also is a matter of pride for him. He told her once that it is she who has to break it and remove the distance between them. He ripped it and then fixed it back, because it is she who should break it – he wanted her trust on him. He’d only be able to move forward in their relationship once she restore that trust upon him – he needed her acceptance of him, of her love, of her trust and he won’t move forward without that. On that disastrous night, he failed to keep that promise – he failed to protect her from herself. He had promised to protect her until she reinstates her trust on him, but that did not happen. They were simply not there, so he should not have let it happen, it happened prematurely in their relationship! For him, it meant that he had failed in his journey in gaining her trust – the journey he painstakingly and patiently took since their marriage, and he believed he destroyed all that by not stopping her and by letting the emotions overshadow his duty to protect her from him as well as from herself. And for him, it also insinuates that she was right in her place in not trusting him, right? Which makes him a failure in his eyes! That was the guilt that consumed him on that night, and it was what made him walk out on her dragging his shawl on floor.

I also agree with some parts of what you said about Meerab and Murtasim not questioning about Haya and Rohail from each other in the finale. But I will leave that to another time! 😊

p.s.

You have people around to discuss TB – Lucky you! 😊 I wish I had too! 😉

I was also a late entrant to the TB forum here, I think I missed all the fun at the beginning and only caught up later. I stumbled upon TB somewhere in the end of Feb, 2024 and binge watched some 10+ episodes, only to realise it is an on-air show – I don’t watch many TV (by that time I haven’t followed any TV show for almost a decade!), plus I hate watching on-air shows – cannot bear the episode to episode wait and tension. Oh, well the TB craze is not really normal, no? After watching those episodes, I was going crazy and reading all those different biased comments on YT didn’t really help either. So, in search of a proper place to understand views of other people on TB (or to figure out whether I am the only odd idiot out there who hallucinates while watching a mere TV show, I found this – had to activate my dormant IF account for that too. And still keep visiting once in a while, just to remind myself that I am not alone and there are others too who still floats in this universe 😉

Overanalyzing? - Ab isme mera kya kasoor? The drama was full of analysing materials. And the best part is, it rarely disappointed my overanalysing brain! 😉

Edited by anu41982 - 3 months ago

Evde yaşayamaz mış😏 Muktesim uyansın o evde Mirab olmasın o zaman görürsün yaşlı nene

Originally posted by: anu41982

Agree with you regarding the apology of the finale episode. That was a blanket apology from Murtasim’s side. I think I have mentioned this in some other post that both Me and Mu are flawed – they did some stupidest shit that led them to the final separation. Though I’d not categorize them as ‘red flags’, both of them made mistakes, they were like tit for tat. Murtasim’s apology was for everything that went wrong between them. I know people were quick to judge this apology as him saying sorry for a potential MR, but as you said, me too never thought it that way. For me, his apology was for many things – for failing in protecting her when he had promised to protect her and letting the anger get better of him that day, for letting his own guilt overshadow and leaving her behind that day when she needed him the most, for not coming back to her quickly enough, not being able to find her, for not really taking her concerns about Haya seriously and not acting upon her concerns, for not giving any chance to understand her point of view in Mariam issue and for letting his insecurities cloud his judgement regarding her stand on Rohail. And also, may be for not being there with her and support her when she brought their daughter into this world too! It could have been for all these!

And the other fact I saw many were putting forward to conclude it was MR was that if it was consensual, why did she leave AND why did he feel guilty about that. The reason he felt guilty was pretty simple, no? On their wedding day, she put a contract between them. This was their very first agreement and vow – before signing their marriage papers, they actually signed on that contract and said ‘qubool hai’ for that agreement. For their marriage vows to work, they have to move past that, because the contract was their first vow to each other. What did the contract signify to Murtasim? It is a matter of her trust for him – it literally meant that his words were not enough for her. It is his first vow to her, but it also is a matter of pride for him. He told her once that it is she who has to break it and remove the distance between them. He ripped it and then fixed it back, because it is she who should break it – he wanted her trust on him. He’d only be able to move forward in their relationship once she restore that trust upon him – he needed her acceptance of him, of her love, of her trust and he won’t move forward without that. On that disastrous night, he failed to keep that promise – he failed to protect her from herself. He had promised to protect her until she reinstates her trust on him, but that did not happen. They were simply not there, so he should not have let it happen, it happened prematurely in their relationship! For him, it meant that he had failed in his journey in gaining her trust – the journey he painstakingly and patiently took since their marriage, and he believed he destroyed all that by not stopping her and by letting the emotions overshadow his duty to protect her from him as well as from herself. And for him, it also insinuates that she was right in her place in not trusting him, right? Which makes him a failure in his eyes! That was the guilt that consumed him on that night, and it was what made him walk out on her dragging his shawl on floor.

I also agree with some parts of what you said about Meerab and Murtasim not questioning about Haya and Rohail from each other in the finale. But I will leave that to another time! 😊

p.s.

You have people around to discuss TB – Lucky you! 😊 I wish I had too! 😉

I was also a late entrant to the TB forum here, I think I missed all the fun at the beginning and only caught up later. I stumbled upon TB somewhere in the end of Feb, 2024 and binge watched some 10+ episodes, only to realise it is an on-air show – I don’t watch many TV (by that time I haven’t followed any TV show for almost a decade!), plus I hate watching on-air shows – cannot bear the episode to episode wait and tension. Oh, well the TB craze is not really normal, no? After watching those episodes, I was going crazy and reading all those different biased comments on YT didn’t really help either. So, in search of a proper place to understand views of other people on TB (or to figure out whether I am the only odd idiot out there who hallucinates while watching a mere TV show, I found this – had to activate my dormant IF account for that too. And still keep visiting once in a while, just to remind myself that I am not alone and there are others too who still floats in this universe 😉

Overanalyzing? - Ab isme mera kya kasoor? The drama was full of analysing materials. And the best part is, it rarely disappointed my overanalysing brain! 😉

I think there’s a lot of insecurities out there when it comes to this show. It came outta nowhere with 2 people who weren’t even commercial hits and then they changed ptv audience expectations forever. It also brought in a fresh audience to ptv which was another amazing feat. And the bar set for chemistry is just now so high and unmatchable. Other fandoms got uncomfortable aur yeh hota hai. As long as Yumna Wahaj were underrated it was fine but aik dum se how they changed the landscape of ptv with this phenomenon of a show - this was so big that we are still reeling from its after effects. Na koi bhoolta hai Aur na koi bhoolne deta hai smiley36

So part of the noise I don’t even pay heed to because I know why it’s happening. Nobody was anticipating it to be as big and for it to give rise to a fandom so vocal and dedicated. Crazy times and still the engagement hasn’t lessened. And nobody can now move on either because of the next season coming and frankly how YumHaj are just a brand now. Jab itna zyada kuch bhi popular ho jata hai tou you’re bound to get shade on the show by the same people who saw it but now aren’t okay with its popularity and reach, the petty name calling, a few who don’t even acknowledge the story shown but fixate on the MR aspect which never even happened smiley36 So like I said, background noise tou hai and is expected with something this popular. Which is why I’m glad that my experience has been great with it and I wasn’t burdened by 98654579 analysis happening. I was more than okay with mine and select few’s analysis and it worked well for the story I saw and understood.

A lot also think that TB was just a love story. It wasn’t. Nooran kept talking about forced marriages and their consequences nonstop. About consent of girls. How women don’t just accept a marriage just because. I love that Meerab made everyone’s life hell because the alternative of her just accepting her place and not dealing with her trauma or lashing out would have been too convenient for those who had wronged her. You can argue that maybe writer took things too far but the idea of it all, I totally get. Even with Maryam, the writer didn’t let Maa Begum and Murtasim go scott free. The girl broke off all contact with them which again has to do with consequences. No matter how great murtasim or Nauraiz were, the scars of what these women went through - of being abandoned, not listened to, tied in a forced marriage and gotten rid of like that - remained and they did NOT forgive the perpetrators like we usually see women do in PTV. Tou Jo waat lagai thi woh sab important tha. So for me the story wasn’t even that simple keh it’s a love story. No it was more than that - it was Meerab’s fight for freedom and working through her trauma and trust issues as well. That Waqas fighting her case in front of Murtasim and Maa Begum was such an important episode - it talked about difference in upbringing between Maryam and Meerab and how empowerment makes such a big difference for girls. That episode I remember got high ratings and views despite Meerasim not even being in it. So these other themes were nicely incorporated I think. Baki love story tou obviously thi hi smiley20