Character Analysis

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sanfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: vira76

I agree with you Anum he has been through a lot after he fell in love with jhanak, his life was probably much simpler before that . The only thing I want to just accept now his words when he wants to accept her as wife, until he says otherwise. Because I canā€™t go back down that rabbit hole , šŸ˜’ until he gives clarity himself. Otherwise things just become so mess for me to make sense of. Itā€™s actually pretty sad what he is doing to himself , itā€™s like internally killing himself slowly ā€¦ itā€™s sad to seeā€¦ jhanak ke liye there are now motivators , but if you see now there is no one by his side. Like no one ā€¦ choton was there , once in a while he talked with him. Now even he has made peace with his decision. šŸ˜”

But yeh we will have to bear this tough journey he will have to go through for this so called character development šŸ˜®ā€šŸ’Ø

Kaash woh Urvashi ka letter na padta!! Given his nature to find the most unique of solutions he could have saved himself the troubleā€¦ he should have handed that letter without reading

Eavesdropping never helped anyone!!

asmitamohanty thumbnail
Most Posts (June 2024) 1 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 months ago

Ep -269

Sooo.....the way I see it...

Jhanak

The Jhanak I saw today....is not a strong Jhanak but actually someone who is getting weak due to her love for him in spite of trying to be strong...She had decided to give up Aniruddh for Arshi..but still till date she can't help but feeling jealous of him being with Arshi... Today her conversation with him was not about how his demand was unfair...how this victory was important for her Guruji and she let him down....bcz these are not the her primary concern now....

I had said this... I will repeat it again that the fact that Aniruddh thought that she could defeat Arshi and asked her to lose has boosted her confidence only...The fact that her Sirji believed in her talent more than Arshi is what mattered to her..

Still she is disappointed only because he asked it for Arshi...He was soo worried for Arshi...If you remember the day Jhanak was asked this sacrifice by Ani, she had told Ani .." Arrey depression... kisi Ko bhi ho Sakta hai..mujhe bhi ho Sakta hai..." There was definitely a slight hint of jealousy seeing him getting so much concerned about her...

Today her entire conversation was mostly about Arshi....her taunting him again and again.... about "his wife" thing is a jealous lover only who is not being able to accept the fact that this man even after Confessing his love to her ended up getting married to Arshi....She is jealous of Arshi....Still she can't help but taunt him regarding his choice...of "wife" ....how inspite of all the mental torture they are giving him(,how did she know..I don't knowsmiley37)..he is still married to her...

The way he called AK as "Aditya" and asked him " aap mujhe drop karne ke liye bol Rahe the" ..it gave me a deja vu of the ad shoot time when she ran hugging Aditya looked at him sideways.....Both are more or less same...

They affect eachother in the extreme way and bring out best and worst in eachother... Today the way Jhanak said.., " do naav me sawar hone ka time Gaya" is definitely rude and unnecessary to the extent of Character assacination according to me...It makes her a hypocrite definitely as she herself had made such bold declaration looking into the eyes of a "married" man... in the presence of his wife... Inspite of being his partner in every step..

Jhanak even said..." Abb koi apke Dil me jhaank ke toh nahi dekh Sakta na..." It shows that only loving someone to the point of devotion is not enough... understanding is very very important....There is lot of growth needed for both Aniruddh and Jhanak....She definitely has not reached a stage where she could understand the man " Aniruddh Bose" with all his complications.....

The real strength would be that....when she can be the strength of the person whom she loves so much...The day she will tell him " I am not responsible for Arshi Dii's condition neither are you.", that day I would say she is strong wrt RuNak.. Baaki she has always answered back to him..had been rude to her so many times using worst words, character-assacinating him before as well..(like feeling unsafe etc..) toh it is not something new ....

But one thing is clear from today's episode that she hasn't moved on at all......and neither has she any plan to....She is jealous...she can't tolerate Arshi with Aniruddh....but still she keeps it subtle...expresses it through taunts and those mocking remarks....

This is what frustrating her that even after trying so much...to move on ,going to the extent of not remembering him at all..,it just took one glance at him for her mask to fall....and she is not liking herself for feeling like this , that's why trying to shift the blame on him and releasing her frustration on him.....

Anirudh

He is definitely the weaker one in this equation at this point.... Someone who is soo sooo entangled that he is not finding any way out of it.....

Yes...he has accepted Arshi as his fate...and is trying to move on..but then how will he stop his heart that beats shamelessly when he sees Jhanak....He can't...

He feels he still has that "haq" on her...This feeling of "haq" that made him ask for such sacrifice from him....Not because he wants any return for his favour but simply because he felt he can ask her....and she will understand....His demand was unfair and wrong yet Jhanak gave in...bcz she also acknowledges his "haq" on her....He while talking to Guruji lamenting on the loss of that last thread of " haq" as he thought nothing would be left between them after the demand....

But The feeling of "haq" has only amplified by her bold declaration...When that woman in front of everyone looked into his eyes and told that she can give her life for her...she gave him again that "haq" to care for her,to be protective of her...to ensure her safety...

So with that same "haq" he again went into her room.... Whatever may be the reason but as per him he went there to warn Jhanak regarding Aditya Kapoor...His primary concern is still her safety ...he doesn't trust Aditya Kapoor around Jhanak...his past record and him catching him in drunken state inside Jhanak's room, I would not blame him here....and he becomes such a baby when Jhanak reprimands him for anything..." Tum mujhse aise Kyun baat kar Rahi ho..."

He is still stuck on why Jhanak left without informing him as he feels no matter what happened he at least deserved a "good bye" or a letter at least...He had right to ask...and Jhanak also should have answered him regarding the fire incident and him not trusting her thing...I hope they show that & we get his pov as well....

Today he remained silent before Arshi and Shrishti when they were talking rubbish.. simply bcz there was no point....He very well knows that they don't like Jhanak.. Shrishti even tried to kill her...so no matter what they say they will say the same...And most importantly he is leaving with Shrishti and Arshi...Arshi got the satisfaction of defeating Jhanak...that she always wanted.. Shrishti got the satisfaction of defeating Urvashi's daughter through her daughter..Now why defend Jhanak before them to spite and agitate them against her again....Why make them feel that she is still important for him and will always be there...

Yet after all this,he still could not help but ask her to drop her, knowing the consequences really well..bcz for her safety of Jhanak is always beyond every calculation....he can never risk it....

Now he is stuck with Arshi.... losing every ounce of self-confidence ..he is only trying to perform his duty or responsibility...we all know how misplaced his sense of "zimmedari" is!!! For how long will he be able to carry the "jhoothi shaadi ki zimmedari" is what I want to see... Everyone including Jhanak saying it again and again on his face that she is his wife..how long will he be able to hide the truth..He is really good at supression...., He has been running away from his own truth since a long time... making a lot of mistakes succumbing to misplaced sense of guilt and responsibilities....and now the way he has tied himself in this mess he is only going to suffocated in this clash of his heart and mind.....With AK with Jhanak ..his emotions are gonna come in forefront.... jealousy, over-protectiveness , that sense of "haq" Everything juxtaposing with the zimmedari towards Arshi.....How is he gonna face it....

Will he ever understand how many times he has disappointed her due to his entanglement!!! And how he is unfair to himself....

RuNak

Both of them are in a state when both of them want to move on.... trying to show eachother that they have moved on...but the truth is emotionally both of them are standing right exactly where they had left..., expecting the other to hold hand and walk with him...

Both are still somewhere expecting a lot from eachother..... Probably still expecting acceptance from both the sides.....

Edited by asmitamohanty - 1 months ago
MayaFruitbae thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 16 days ago

About the pregnancy track ,Anirudh and his pov in response to few post in EDT ...reposting

I can never agree with a girl who had physical intimacy with her husband, and then singing the annulment.... And same like I said before she was the one who said he will forget everything next day . If you had consent in the intimacy in emotion, love, his manipulation whatever be the reason with this thought how is it morally right. The next day when he asked her about the hug she realised he doesn't remember anything. But now she is pointing things as if he is lying. I cant connect that . Her words of either one of us is lying indicates that he is cheating her . Which is not in line with what was thought the next day after the night. Also he has tried to talk to her regarding the night and even his concerns that I may not be able to marry Arshi , but she didn't allow him to speak this and has instead pushed him towards Arshi, why? Just because he was not declaring his love for her or stopping the insult of his family? So was this physical intimacy so easy for her to forget and cheat Arshi didi , she who always wanted to not break her didi's marriage. In fact she even gave him lecture of aap meri didi ko cheat mat karo( something similar dialogue) , like seriously.

Anirudh anyway doesn't have guts , nor does he remember the night , so she signing the annulment was not only cheating herself, but also another girl.

And he was rude to her when she came to Kolkata , yes, because the last conversation between them in Mumbai was a huge market fight. He insulted her but she finished it with more dialogues by connecting it to past , I have rejected you many times in the past , wasn't that their personal thing , why did she have to use it for a fight .. .So when he sees her back at his home after that , why would he need to welcome her and speak to her in person. Its better to talk to her in front of the family . And how was he supposed to know she was going to drop this bomb.

CA both does , its their hobby. But as I mentioned before its only Anirudh who apologizes to her . She never ever has asked him sorry and shown she was wrong in using such words against him when they were on good terms .

It is she who knew he was in fever and will forget things and now she is behaving opposite and thinking he is backing out. Whereas in reality he doesn't remember , being intimate. For him she is telling lie, trying to frame him as he asked to lose the dance show . It is his self respect that is being questioned, his dignity same like how its for Jhanak. So he would oppose it , he is shattered at the allegation , and the reaction as shouting, asking her to get out of the house. The pain that Jhanak whom he thinks is an innocent girl is framing him with a disgusting allegation. Its beyond his thinking.

And same as he doesn't remember, Jhanak herself had given the image that Aditya and he are close now. He coming to her room in the night her declaration their relationship had changed, attending party together, shopping, band aid fight, Aditya offering home and then she coming and declaring her pregnancy....And so the reaction Aditya ka paap. From his point of view he is right. He is no where cheating her.

Yes, worried about Anirudh being shamed and character named as he was also called out by his own family as Rangeela Rasiya and many such things in front of his own parents. No body stood by him too. So they both are being CA by his family.

If he cant understand Jhanak, then he hasn't loved her. Why so ?? Why is not applicable to Jhanak? I don't get that . If Jhanak cant remember her own thoughts (of his fever and he will forget) and believe Anirudh and thinks he is cheating her, what love did she have for him. What is her trust on him? She is counting him also same like other men . So everything is depended on a man. Why so? Cant it have been the other way as she understanding his non acceptance of baby as his fever and in connection with the monologue.

Why is men made villain to show female is innocent?

She came for her baby , agree, why is she becoming a family member and promising Apu di and getting involved in his family matters. Why is she doing kitchen chores? Inform him, stay somewhere else, come back when the DNA can be done and get the rights.

And please don't compare to real life, I know women are subjected to crimes and real cheating exists.

And yes Anu, opinions differ. But we have more personal attachment than the fictional characters. That doesn't chance because we have different perspective.

Also don't worry about chappals you are in sync with the majority of the forum opinion and its an Anti Anirudh forum for quite sometime.

tellyme thumbnail
Posted: 15 days ago

Reposting here as Maya suggested it should be placed here. Mayaā€™s post is response of this post. Sorry for delay in reposting

Hi Maya sorry to disagree on few points here. Don't be mad at me. This is just a show and we have formed better relationship among us than this show. smiley31. I am just putting my understanding as per this show. I am not anti-men. Many of my stories are based on ML emotion. But here in this situation I don't find Jhanak very wrong

@purple - That is the big mistake she did, I agree. But she did it bounded by her love and she has never blamed Ani for that. As per her ,they both did it overflown by emotion and he was in fever and he needed her and she had in her mind that he is her husband after all. It just happened and she was treasuring those moments for her life. Yes she sacrificed, she sacrificed because it does not make sense to live with a man who does not have courage to support her when she most need him, the man who let her face the humiliation everyday from his family. Just because they did the deed out of emotion, does not mean she should beg to live with a man who is claiming publically that he will marry her sister and in private asks her to confess. His family always thinks he is nice bacha and Jhanak is after him, how could she take a stand in that case. He never openly clarified that piece. Also, she is not here to ask his love. She is asking the right of her child.

@blue - She tried hard to talk in private but Anirudh was not sane in even talking to her. He clearly told he does not need to talk to her, talking privately is a far away thing. She tried several times but then he did not listen at all and instead badmouthed her. Even after knowing she sacrificed her trophy for his half wife due to his words, he had guts to badmouth her. She had to at last tell it openly because they forced her to say it openly in front of her. And why should we always worry about Anirudh being shown as a cheater. Jhanak's character is always called out in front of whole family and here too, it is her character which is being called out when both did the deed.

@red - In past J has doen his CA, I agree but then he was no less. He had defamed her many times in past and he also got support from his family in that matter. When he first found her with AK, then too he had talked all ill of her. So it has been mutual. We can't blame only J for that. They have done it out of frustration.

And yes - He does not remember a thing but Jhanak does not know it. For her he is backing out and thus this strong stand. She has to take a stand or the vulture family and her vulture massi will never let her baby get the right. He knows Jhanak well and should not think that she can defame him to that level. If he does not understand Jhanak even this much, then he never ever loved her.

He should have tried to cooly understand thing from her point of view rather than completely distrusting her and fighting her this way. he is clearly claiming her to have slept with someone and coming to him for rights, Is he not badly doing her character assassination?

All he is worried about his image. He does not even care that Jhanak is pregnant and he should care for her in this situation rather than fighting this way. And try to understand why she is saying so. here he has announced a war against her.

You know, in an old show - FL informs ML that she is going to be mother of someone else's child. he gets very mad but then he gives up to take care of her. He was angry and broken but knows she cannot take care of herself in this situation and thus still being angry takes care of her. Can't we get to see such warmth in Anirudh. He had it long back. Sadly, it's gone now.

Sorry Maya, I know things are debatable here and we all have our own perspective. But want to see the warmth of Ani for Jhanak, that's it.

Both are openly defaming each other and I don't see love anywhere between them now.smiley19

Now, everyone, please don't throw chappals at me and don't be anti me. šŸ™

vira76 thumbnail
Most Liked (July 2024) 1 Thumbnail Most Liked (June 2024) 1 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 days ago

Thank you all keeping the thread alive ! Please have the peaceful discussions here :) I promise to read your write ups when I have a chance šŸ˜˜

asmitamohanty thumbnail
Posted: 14 days ago

Originally posted by: Edkv74

She was crystal clear about her feelings for him! But they didnā€™t focus much on his expressions , they kind of showed disbelief or him totally stunned with her confession šŸ„¹ m not able to figure out because thatā€™s exactly how they want us to play us- CluelessšŸ˜

She tells him that she saw love in his eyes because of which she surrendered completely without any second thoughts!! And ani is always mouthing the same defence that sheā€™s lying about the night because sheā€™s jealous of Arshi šŸ„¹

In all this, the writer got what she wanted - at this stage!

As Maya says, they have made their hero a villain and victimised Arshi also in the process.

I am wondering if they ever plan in getting them together at all or is are we nearing the end of Runak??šŸ„¹ Seems like thereā€™s no way out for Ani - very sad šŸ˜”

Arrey but didn't you like today's conversation!!!

I loved it...

After a long long time....they talked like this...so openly without any riddles....

Anirudh told Jhanak that she is jealous of Arshi.....and Jhanak didn't deny...

And Aniruddh also is not denying his jealousy... towards ADI...both are over their denial regarding their extreme jealousy...

They expressed whatever complain, doubts , suspicions they have in direct words...

Jhanak proudly owning up her feelings...

I always thought why Jhanak came despite knowing that Ani is Arshi's husband now, but I understood that..bcz for Jhanak Ani was her husband...and after consummation she has always looked at him as her husband... Whatever equation he has with Arshi , doesn't matter to her..

That's why she is so bold and unhinged...SAB ke samne bol Dia without caring about the CA...as for her she did it with her husband and she is not guilty...at this moment....

I love this version of Jhanak more.....

This real human who is flawed...who is selfish....who knows her rights and ready to fight for it as well........

She is not just a victim here...and neither is Aniruddh a villain...

She is saying that it's her who surrendered when she saw love in his eyes....she was conscious...she had the power of choice and she made a choice...in spite of knowing he might forget...she went ahead....And Aniruddh has forgotten...yes..But that doesn't make Ani villain...she consummated her marriage and annulled it on her own choice.....she had the power to stop the annulment as well..but she didn't...she had the power to stop the consummation but she didn't....it was her choice...

With Aniruddh at this point ,his life has been under the mercy of Jhanak's choices...isnt it? Like she made the choice to consumate ..she made the choice to not reveal it to him & ask him to marry Arshi..,she made the choice of not fighting for her marriage in spite of being his wife in every sense and signed the annulment...Anirudh didn't remember,so agency of that deed was not in his hand...she made the choice to leave the house and not keep any contact...she made the choice to push him away in Mumbai...and now when he has made up his mind regarding Adi-Jhanak and would try to move on in his life...she again chose to come back with this news revealing that night...

And now she is choosing to express her feelings as well...

So at this point , Aniruddh also must have the choice,his choice to absorb this Confession and react to it.....So many things going on in his mind...he probably didn't even understand the meaning of what Jhanak said....he just wants to fight for his dignity. And his mind has been always like this.. singular unidirectional focus...he needs time to absorb....and ponder....which I believe he would...he would...

I am still hopeful Dii....

Edited by asmitamohanty - 14 days ago
asmitamohanty thumbnail

The version of Jhanak as this pure pristine victim that writers tried to establish is not something that went right with me...bcz I don't see her in this manner...

I have loved Jhanak not because she is perfect but bcz of how human she is....I anyway can't relate to the mahaan characters...and if someone is not relatable as a character,it is hard to be likable to the audience..

But writers are letting the character of Jhanak down by repeatedly showing her as victim and dialogues from others showing like she is some angel..

Who even is that perfect or mahaan!!..

In fact if I ignore the dialogue and scenes and just go by how story is progressed..I believe she is not portrayed as this embodiment of virtues. What I believe is actually she embodies the ideals of a virtuous woman but she actually dramatizes the failure of any woman ever becoming perfectly virtuous or saintly...

Her tragedy occurs due to the expectations of saintliness that she herself & other men impose on her...She had some unrealistic standards for herself...rules, principles and that was kind of a invisible chain around herself....

Her beliefs were further reinforced by the men around her like Aniruddh, Choton ,RP and Aditya who keep her on such high pedestal by comparing her to an embodiment of purity ..who associate her with all that is elevated, reasserting the ideal linking her to this "impossible woman " trope...

But the thing is she is not divine...she is a human.Her flaws are not in being unchaste & dishonest but is reflected in her stubbornness, immaturity & occassioonal unempathetic acts specially towards Aniruddh....We always talk about Ani's manipulation but if we look at the way Jhanak has been guilt-tripping Aniruddh... even did today with things like " Sindoor mita diya... annulment pe sign Kara diya..." It is also a kind of manipulation and powerplay...She also knows and understands the power she has on him..and she also enjoys to use it on various occasions....

Jhanak has pushed Aniruddh away in the past with nasty words, he has character assassinated him, humiliated him, talked badly with him..did everything she could do to irritate him....and most importantly she couldn't understand his feelings or suffocation.....even when he tried to talk....

Still I have no doubt regarding her love towards Aniruddh.....

Similarly I don't doubt Aniruddh's love for her as well..In fact that's why this situation is even more tragic....if Ani did not love her then this situation would have been much less tragic as he would have been a sckrewed criminal...The fact that he loves her yet he is unable to stand with her and he is doing in a way wrong to her in his ignorance is what is bigger tragedy....in a way I sympathize with Aniruddh as he is losing out these precious moments with the woman he loves due to this...

Do I sympathize with her???? Yes....

Not because Aniruddh has done anything wrong bcz I don't think so.....But because she is a victim of ideals and impossible standards that woman had for themselves..With all the sacrifice and giving up her husband,buring her emotions she tried to be someone who she was not from inside...she chained herself from all the values, principal,and probably guilt.and she annulled her marriage which she should not have but the thing is even she understood that it was a mistake when she saw AniShi at Mumbai..She was not happy when she saw him happy with Arshi.....She also tried to make him jealous and pushed him away by replacing him with AK while bandaid part....and kept saying how she doesn't want his attention and validation

Now after putting up a performance for so long as a person who she is not, now when she is finally standing there.... owning her feelings in raw manner....being herself...she is struggling to make others specially Anirudh believe her truth....bcz she has kept this raw, jealous and selfish but real and powerful beautiful Jhanak hidden even from her own-self....she has always sighed away from asking her rights as a wife saying, " main lalchi nahi Hun"...now roaring like a lioness in the jungle called BH for her baby...bold and unhinged

So how will Ani recognise this person!!!!....

Edited by asmitamohanty - 14 days ago
sanfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Priya @ppak asked a question a couple of days ago about Jhanakā€™s changed behaviour towards Arshi and the change not bearing up well in the narrativeā€¦

So I thought while answering that question, let me write about Jhanak

hereā€™s my surmise as the writing for Jhanak is lucid at most times.. it wasnā€™t ever necessary to write about her sort of uni-dimensional character yet there is a steadfastness to that dimension that bears up well in this taleā€¦ with a bit of jerkiness in the Mumbai track when they suddenly made her vocalise ( mind bubble at least) her love for Ani.

hereā€™s my takeā€¦

Jhanak initially began with much adulation and affection for Arshi Didi. Even when it wasnā€™t reciprocated fully, Jhanak I guess didnā€™t spare much thought for Arshiā€™s brusque behaviour.

Later on, the secret wedding made her complicit in an act that changed her relationship with Arshi.

At first, and I daresay for a long time, she nurtured that guilt around the deed ( she bore responsibility for suggesting the deed as a way out of her problem) but she didnā€™t expect the matter to blow up. She had resolved to go away and she did try on a few occasions to run away. In the start she didnā€™t even get why Ani was insistent on keeping her back and she used to question him as much as she could as she never understood the conflicting signals.

Here, I would like to point out how societal conditioning plays a role in how relationships fortify.Since people attach a lot of importance to the institution of marriage and the wedding forms the bulwark of the bond instilling legitimacy even sometimes beyond consentā€¦

so at some level I guess Jhanak started to view that fateful day to mean something but she was sensible enough to assume this to be her personal thing not as an expectation from Ani to honour the bond.

Slowly and steadily she cottoned on to Aniā€™s strange ways to resolve problems and their equations changed gradually even if at the surface Jhanak continued the Didi Jhaap as a way to keep Ani grounded or rooted to his commitment, was it her duty to do so? Did she need to do it? Noā€¦ but as she realised Aniā€™s changed feelings it served as a barrier of discretion. For her, the jhaap served as a defence mechanism as their attraction/love for each other was blurring boundaries and I donā€™t think she was in any condition to introspect and take on the burden of deciding the legitimacy of their relationship .. Relationship ki ā€œmaryada ā€œ usi main thiā€¦ and here it bears pointing out that her past plays a big role( I feel her belief in the secret wedding was always undermined knowing that Ani and Arshi being in a committed bond would/should have primacy over any bond. .
Yet Jhanak wasnā€™t immune to the emotion herselfā€¦ her heart always hurt whenever Ani made any overtures to Arshi or there was any PDAā€¦ her heart yearned for some recognition even though it was immediately drowned in a voice of reason; it was a strange state to be inā€¦ publicly adhering to a code of conduct but privately feeling the hurt. That is indeed the state of love which is above and beyond rationale of letā€™s just say.. here arguments fail!!

However, even in this situation, while maintaining that she did not want to come between the two, she was as honest as possible when Arshi asked her if she had fallen in love with Sirjee ( the parvat dialogue.. to indicate her godly devotion to Sirjeeā€¦ amply demonstrated at the aashirwad ceremony)

Ani and Jhanak post his ashirwad ceremony reached an unspoken understanding that they werenā€™t meant to be together and till she went to Kashmir, she indulged him in every way possible coz she knew they may never meet again

Yet fate ( Tejas)brought them together and once again and this timeā€¦.she gave herself in love to Ani but even after that night of passion she remained resolute that there was no future for them; this must read as Jhanakā€™s strongest position on this as even after Ani indicating his desire for a life together, she did not allow him to go that path. A lot is made out about this decision of hersā€¦but for me the narrative clearly bore out that for Jhanakā€¦ that was a closed door and it still remains so. This is irrespective of her own conflicted feelings for Aniā€¦

I will dwell a bit on this contrarian feelings of Jhanak. For Jhanak, Ani being her husband was something she started to value or recognise as time went by and while she may have yearned for a recognition of that relationship, she wasnā€™t a fool to precipitate through her actions any change in status quo. Even the night at Kashmir saw her in a dilemma and unfortunately due to the third person limited pov this story adopts we werenā€™t privy to her tumultuous feelings post incident. We wondered at the abruptness in the shift of scene but we can now deduce that for Jhanak, the night didnā€™t increase her right on Ani as she was anyway reconciled to a life away from him. From the narrativeā€™s sense, her insistence on Ani marrying Arshi didnā€™t make sense as it wasnā€™t her call how Ani navigated that but since they never discussed this like sane individuals, I could only put it to her fear of being considered the cause of breakdown of Ani- Arshi relationship.

When Ani went on the offensive with PDA, all wondered why was she upset to this extent when she wanted this to happen. It now transpires she was very upset that Sirjee could change his colours so quickly after sharing intimacy with her to that extent. For her, the annulment was only a penultimate nail in the coffin of her bond with Ani and she continued the playacting.

But his aloofness post fire incident put paid to two things

her Didi jhaap, she invoked her self respect to finally wean herself from Ani knowing that Ani has made his choice clear in whose corner he stood and she had made peace with it. She did not write a note to Ani but to all in BH for a reason. It was her way of cutting bonds with that chapter of her life and moving on.

When she wasnā€™t shown remembering Ani at all it may have seemed strange but it was the writerā€™s way of showing she was ready to put the past well and truly behind her.

Yet, she came face to face with Sirjee and her buried feelings even before they came to the fore, she was asked by Ani to lose to Arshi. It was the first time, her changed thevar for Arshi was noted. It was like a case of ā€œI am done with my share of being nice to people who donā€™t deserve itā€. Jhanak always knew that Arshi didnā€™t mean well and any jhaap from her end was an embargo she put on herself ( & on Ani unnecessarily) When there wasnā€™t any need for it, (considering they were married now) her truth bombs wouldnā€™t stop.

A whole lot of latent feelings must have arisen at that stage but Jhanakā€™s first and foremost thought would have still been ā€œSirjeeā€¦ aapne apna corner chun liyaā€ in which there was no place for her.

After that encounter, it would have been Herculean to expect that Jhanak remain passive when being called out for moving on. At the height of their loving bond, Jhanak never once gave justification of her bond with Rahul, how was she going to do that for Adiā€¦ who wasnā€™t yet her friend.

Jhanak who hasnā€™t exactly been known to be discrete at the height of her battles with Ani went for the jugular when she received barbs.

Ani was largely keeping his anger private with her but on that fateful day, he let loose on her in an unrelated matter and it formed the battlefield for these two. Aniā€™s anger that he is no longer the MVIP in her life and the worry that she is being careless in her choice of the next man to trust in her life caused a public volley. Jhanak was stung by the ferocity of Aniā€™s words for a matter so trivial and so unthinkingly she let loose her own pent up furyā€¦ letting that private relationship go publicā€¦inadvertently.

When she was ill, his brusque care for her seemed like an insult so she did what seemed to her the final cutting of bond with her Sirjeeā€¦never expecting to face him ever.

The baby announcement came like a bolt from the blueā€¦her resolve that she will not let her child undergo the trauma she faced the only guiding force of her battle. When she started out, I donā€™t think she expected to fight a battle and even now she said she only wants an acknowledgment from Ani and in that, irrespective of how her personal feelings are, she has remained steadfast for not wanting to crash a party. ā€œKushaal zindagiā€ if she has reserved her scorn for him while wishing him this.. itā€™s her coming of age however stark it sounds.

In conclusion, barring a few aspects in this journey, Jhanakā€™s motivations have been very clear in the narrative. Even the tussle between her heart and mind have been clear. Often her decisions to goad Ani have been questioned but I am clear that despite that, I would not like to place the onus of the decision making to part or stay with Arshi at her door, yes she forced him to adhere but Ani had the final say on the matter as it was always his cross to bear not Jhanakā€™s. That they are paying the price of that decision is the pathos in the tale. But the way I read this tale from the start was Jhanak would cotton on to Aniā€™s predicament sooner than later.

I will give you all a small example of a scene in yesterdayā€™s episodeā€¦ Chotton with Minu and Bodomo & Jhanak. When Bodomo chided Choton saying he was responsible for breaking Minuā€™s heart and Choton replied saying I was saving Minuā€¦ Immediately Jhanak said why did you do that, Minu is old enough to take her decisionsā€¦ Well this applies to her and Aniā€™s situation as wellā€¦ šŸ˜Š

Dibya_C thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sanfan

Priya @ppak asked a question a couple of days ago about Jhanakā€™s changed behaviour towards Arshi and the change not bearing up well in the narrativeā€¦

hereā€™s my surmise as the writing for Jhanak is lucid at most times.. it wasnā€™t ever necessary to write about her sort of uni-dimensional character yet there is a steadfastness to that dimension that bears up well in this taleā€¦ with a bit of jerkiness in the Mumbai track when they suddenly made her vocalise ( mind bubble at least) her love for Ani.

hereā€™s my takeā€¦

Jhanak initially began with much adulation and affection for Arshi Didi. Even when it wasnā€™t reciprocated fully, Jhanak I guess didnā€™t spare much thought for Arshiā€™s brusque behaviour.

Later on, the secret wedding made her complicit in an act that changed her relationship with Arshi.

At first, and I daresay for a long time, she nurtured that guilt around the deed ( she bore responsibility for suggesting the deed as a way out of her problem) but she didnā€™t expect the matter to blow up. She had resolved to go away and she did try on a few occasions to run away. In the start she didnā€™t even get why Ani was insistent on keeping her back and she used to question him as much as she could as she never understood the conflicting signals.

Here, I would like to point out how societal conditioning plays a role in how relationships fortify.Since people attach a lot of importance to the institution of marriage and the wedding forms the bulwark of the bond instilling legitimacy even sometimes beyond consentā€¦

so at some level I guess Jhanak started to view that fateful day to mean something but she was sensible enough to assume this to be her personal thing not as an expectation from Ani to honour the bond.

Slowly and steadily she cottoned on to Aniā€™s strange ways to resolve problems and their equations changed gradually even if at the surface Jhanak continued the Didi Jhaap as a way to keep Ani grounded or rooted to his commitment, was it her duty to do so? Did she need to do it? Noā€¦ but as she realised Aniā€™s changed feelings it served as a barrier of discretion. For her, the jhaap served as a defence mechanism as their attraction/love for each other was blurring boundaries and I donā€™t think she was in any condition to introspect and take on the burden of deciding the legitimacy of their relationship .. Relationship ki ā€œmaryada ā€œ usi main thiā€¦ and here it bears pointing out that her past plays a big role( I feel her belief in the secret wedding was always undermined knowing that Ani and Arshi being in a committed bond would/should have primacy over any bond. .
Yet Jhanak wasnā€™t immune to the emotion herselfā€¦ her heart always hurt whenever Ani made any overtures to Arshi or there was any PDAā€¦ her heart yearned for some recognition even though it was immediately drowned in a voice of reason; it was a strange state to be inā€¦ publicly adhering to a code of conduct but privately feeling the hurt. That is indeed the state of love which is above and beyond rationale of letā€™s just say.. here arguments fail!!

However, even in this situation, while maintaining that she did not want to come between the two, she was as honest as possible when Arshi asked her if she had fallen in love with Sirjee ( the parvat dialogue.. to indicate her godly devotion to Sirjeeā€¦ amply demonstrated at the aashirwad ceremony)

Ani and Jhanak post his ashirwad ceremony reached an unspoken understanding that they werenā€™t meant to be together and till she went to Kashmir, she indulged him in every way possible coz she knew they may never meet again

Yet fate ( Tejas)brought them together and once again and this timeā€¦.she gave herself in love to Ani but even after that night of passion she remained resolute that there was no future for them; this must read as Jhanakā€™s strongest position on this as even after Ani indicating his desire for a life together, she did not allow him to go that path. A lot is made out about this decision of hersā€¦but for me the narrative clearly bore out that for Jhanakā€¦ that was a closed door and it still remains so. This is irrespective of her own conflicted feelings for Aniā€¦

I will dwell a bit on this contrarian feelings of Jhanak. For Jhanak, Ani being her husband was something she started to value or recognise as time went by and while she may have yearned for a recognition of that relationship, she wasnā€™t a fool to precipitate through her actions any change in status quo. Even the night at Kashmir saw her in a dilemma and unfortunately due to the third person limited pov this story adopts we werenā€™t privy to her tumultuous feelings post incident. We wondered at the abruptness in the shift of scene but we can now deduce that for Jhanak, the night didnā€™t increase her right on Ani as she was anyway reconciled to a life away from him. From the narrativeā€™s sense, her insistence on Ani marrying Arshi didnā€™t make sense as it wasnā€™t her call how Ani navigated that but since they never discussed this like sane individuals, I could only put it to her fear of being considered the cause of breakdown of Ani- Arshi relationship.

When Ani went on the offensive with PDA, all wondered why was she upset to this extent when she wanted this to happen. It now transpires she was very upset that Sirjee could change his colours so quickly after sharing intimacy with her to that extent. For her, the annulment was only a penultimate nail in the coffin of her bond with Ani and she continued the playacting.

her Didi jhaap, she invoked her self respect to finally wean herself from Ani knowing that Ani has made his choice clear in whose corner he stood and she had made peace with it. She did not write a note to Ani but to all in BH for a reason. It was her way of cutting bonds with that chapter of her life and moving on.

When she wasnā€™t shown remembering Ani at all it may have seemed strange but it was the writerā€™s way of showing she was ready to put the past well and truly behind her.

Yet, she came face to face with Sirjee and her buried feelings even before they came to the fore, she was asked by Ani to lose to Arshi. It was the first time, her changed thevar for Arshi was noted. It was like a case of ā€œI am done with my share of being nice to people who donā€™t deserve itā€. Jhanak always knew that Arshi didnā€™t mean well and any jhaap from her end was an embargo she put on herself ( & on Ani unnecessarily) When there wasnā€™t any need for it, (considering they were married now) her truth bombs wouldnā€™t stop.

A whole lot of latent feelings must have arisen at that stage but Jhanakā€™s first and foremost thought would have still been ā€œSirjeeā€¦ aapne apna corner chun liyaā€ in which there was no place for her.

After that encounter, it would have been Herculean to expect that Jhanak remain passive when being called out for moving on. At the height of their loving bond, Jhanak never once gave justification of her bond with Rahul, how was she going to do that for Adiā€¦ who wasnā€™t yet her friend.

Jhanak who hasnā€™t exactly been known to be discrete at the height of her battles with Ani went for the jugular when she received barbs.

Ani was largely keeping his anger private with her but on that fateful day, he let loose on her in an unrelated matter and it formed the battlefield for these two. Aniā€™s anger that he is no longer the MVIP in her life and the worry that she is being careless in her choice of the next man to trust in her life caused a public volley. Jhanak was stung by the ferocity of Aniā€™s words for a matter so trivial and so unthinkingly she let loose her own pent up furyā€¦ letting that private relationship go publicā€¦inadvertently.

When she was ill, his brusque care for her seemed like an insult so she did what seemed to her the final cutting of bond with her Sirjeeā€¦never expecting to face him ever.

The baby announcement came like a bolt from the blueā€¦her resolve that she will not let her child undergo the trauma she faced the only guiding force of her battle. When she started out, I donā€™t think she expected to fight a battle and even now she said she only wants an acknowledgment from Ani and in that, irrespective of how her personal feelings are, she has remained steadfast for not wanting to crash a party. ā€œKushaal zindagiā€ if she has reserved her scorn for him while wishing him this.. itā€™s her coming of age however stark it sounds.

In conclusion, barring a few aspects in this journey, Jhanakā€™s motivations have been very clear in the narrative. Even the tussle between her heart and mind have been clear. Often her decisions to goad Ani have been questioned but I am clear that despite that, I would not like to place the onus of the decision making to part or stay with Arshi at her door, yes she forced him to adhere but Ani had the final say on the matter as it was always his cross to bear not Jhanakā€™s. That they are paying the price of that decision is the pathos in the tale. But the way I read this tale from the start was Jhanak would cotton on to Aniā€™s predicament sooner than later.

I will give you all a small example of a scene in yesterdayā€™s episodeā€¦ Chotton with Minu and Bodomo & Jhanak. When Bodomo chided Choton saying he was responsible for breaking Minuā€™s heart and Choton replied saying I was saving Minuā€¦ Immediately Jhanak said why did you do that, Minu is old enough to take her decisionsā€¦ Well this applies to her and Aniā€™s situation as wellā€¦ šŸ˜Š

Such a thoughtful depiction of the events happened so far..ā£ļø

I am not good at writing...all I feel is, she is still strong in her decision of not coming between Anishit..If the child never happened, she would not have kept any contact with Anirudh thereafter..and that's why she showed off a false tale of special bond between AK and her to Anirudh, to keep him away forever..

It will be very difficult for Anirudh to bring her back in his life, as his love, as his partner, as his wife in its true sense, I believe..Even if she stays for some reason, say, for the child or something else, she will not believe that Sirjee has chosen her out of love and not out of circumstances.. it's a hard way ahead for Anirudh šŸ’”

Edited by Dibya_C - 14 days ago
rysohini thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 days ago

How beautifully you write Rekha ! I agree with every bit of it smiley20smiley31

I have seen you say this, and I say the same - J's biggest fear of a "homewrecker" tag , the one that did not allow her to ever own up or fight for her love, is now priority 2. It has been surpassed by the baby ! I always thought that her love for Sirji, would one day overcome her fear of the tag ! Turns out, it was the mother in her plus the fact that her being a homewrecker, coming somewhat true, meant J does not need to bother of the tag any more ! She is resigend to it and accepted it that true or false, this tag will remain with her !

Originally posted by: sanfan

hereā€™s my takeā€¦

Edited by rysohini - 13 days ago