Character Analysis

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

xnbstar thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 months ago

Originally posted by: MayaFruitbae

Reposting here specially for ,zainab. For you as here it is all about Jhanak .

I guess I wrote it during that Kashmir rescue episodes , not sure .

Jhanak as an individual is strong ,she has always taken stand for her and mother , given the circumstances in which she was born and brought up . Facing humiliation in every single step of life not only from relatives but from villagers to (The kashmir festival how they didnt allow her to enroll her name ). She was and is living with constant fear of humiliation , which she often speaks " I am scared of getting insulted again and again ". From such an environment Jhanak still fights for herself . Not all can do it . We have seen it many times , taking a stand for her mom in her cousin's marriage , the courage which she gathered to escape from Tejas ( yes she was helped by another girl , but she had made her mind to escape somehow ), to speaking against the evil gang she has done it .

She admires Anirudh , has great respect for him and above all she has a feeling of gratitude towards him . And this respect and gratitude is that make her stand at times for him. She is the one who took stand against Tanuja and showed her mirror of how can you wish for the death of your son ,and even dared to ask her why are you always thinking of outsiders happiness and not about your son' s happiness. Inspite of the daily taunt session she had the courage to question her .She even pointed to Arshi , you always have complaints about Sirji . From where she is coming she is still strong to ask these evil people some right questions which no one in the family dared to ask till now .Now isn't that a strong girl for her age .

The support or comfort which she doesnt provide Anirudh when he is visibly unhappy is because she is not in love with Anirudh until recently . Inspite of that she has always cared for him , 'why are your eyes wet , did you fight with Arshi didi ' .That is all she can do when he constantly compares her with Arshi .She doesn't want herself to be forced between the two given all the situation they are going through . He needs support from her as he is open only to her . But he constantly makes her feel inferior .Anirudh came into her life as her sister finance.. So she doesnt want Arshi and Anirudh to suffer because of her and so she avoids him , pushes him away . She doesnt allow him to express himself as she knows by now that they have developed feelings for each other . But in no way her morality would accept it . By suppressing her feelings and promising everyone she wont spoil her Sirji or sister's life takes immense courage.

The moment she falls in love with him deeply and Anirudh accept their relationship ,she would be the one to give him all the warmth and affection he lacked all his life .Their relation needs to come out from responsibilty and insaniyat to love and more love .They both can fight the whole evil gang the moment they realise its only them .

Due to all the same reason of becoming home breaker she doesnt want to acknowledge the marriage. Her sacrifice is so pure as she is letting the only relation in her life for the sake of her promise to Anirudh , before their marriage .That promise which she kept live till today is much above all the rituals and more divine .No wonder God broke Arshi' s marriage .

Right now with all the insults she is facing due to their marriage she wants him to accept it in front the whole world , so that she can walk with her head held high .

It will all fall in place when they both fall for each other immensely without any Rahul or Arshi between them .

Wonderfully explained โค๏ธ

Loved your writing ๐Ÿ’ฏ

Will wait for the day when she realizes her love is far beyond everything and fights for it. โ™ฅ๏ธ

MayaFruitbae thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: sanfan

If one is out for a day, this forum is hard to keep upโ€ฆ.
I am now behind on a lot of homework ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

Will take sometime to read up the takes and counter takes ๐Ÿ˜‚ and I am now behind by two episodes

A few rambling thoughts

I am just sticking my neck out and saying this even with a lot of jerky execution, poor plot devices, I still think the writers are on course on the love story. Meaning it is still possible for the love to progress despite the setbacksโ€ฆ. Ofc only if the writers wish it else like Maya and few others have said the titular journey can always proceed. It is just that some of the viewers would find it extremely strange if Ani would be the cause of the heartbreak of Jhanak to propel herself in her journey ahead. The story projected so far was Ani being the wind beneath the wingsโ€ฆ๐Ÿ˜Š

I also stick my neck out here to say they have largely kept the leads character traits intact.

Aniโ€™s way of dealing with his family is largely non-confrontational but a mix of using methods that get him what he wants even if means lying, putting a facade. As I have not seen all of Jhanakโ€™s episodes in great detail from the beginning, I canโ€™t say if the screenplay or script has provided enough backstory to justify this trait . For me Ani is quite simply the guy who is righteous but will choose realistic modes to get that established. He is more the โ€œdo something and the consequences will speak for themselvesโ€ guy.

I will need time to elaborate on the character traitsโ€ฆ the level of consistency in the script etc to be able to say why I think Aniโ€™s behaviour is mostly in line with the broad characterisation which I keep for another post.

Suffice to say that as a mental note to oneselfโ€ฆ. Never project oneโ€™s sensibilities onto a fictional character and only be guided by how the story unfolds.

Tagged a few on this post

Agree with the finding logic in the fictional ones .

Anirudh is always shown as manipulating his family when it come to help Jhanak .

If you watch the entire show you will know this character is quite different from.the usual set up.

The write is actually good in the way she builds the characters and scenes ...we might not like it at that point, but when the other episodes come it will be connected to it ..it like a book ..

Like how Anirudh said I am bad , but all for you in that fever epiosde...and it followed , he was bad by hurting her with his PDA and he is bad now infront of the good Basus and her , in his act to protect her .But its all for her.

But here its a daily show we lose patience .. if we were to read it would have been amazing ...

sanfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: MayaFruitbae

Agree with the finding logic in the fictional ones .

Anirudh is always shown as manipulating his family when it come to help Jhanak .

If you watch the entire show you will know this character is quite different from.the usual set up.

The write is actually good in the way she builds the characters and scenes ...we might not like it at that point, but when the other episodes come it will be connected to it ..it like a book ..

Like how Anirudh said I am bad , but all for you in that fever epiosde...and it followed , he was bad by hurting her with his PDA and he is bad now infront of the good Basus and her , in his act to protect her .But its all for her.

But here its a daily show we lose patience .. if we were to read it would have been amazing ...

If we were to read it, it would have been amazing ๐Ÿ’ฏ

The story would lend so beautifully for that medium wouldnโ€™t it?
but then again hunein yeh do cuties kaise mil paate?
These two have an awesome chemistry so I am glad that it is a show ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

vira76 thumbnail
Most Liked (July 2024) 1 Thumbnail Most Liked (June 2024) 1 Thumbnail + 4

The Curious Case of Makers of this show!

First of all know, this isn't a love letter! But I wanted to waste some valuable time of my life to write about this because recently I have been thinking a lot and I feel we did a lot of analysis of the characters but we never really discussed or analyzed the makers of this show. We continued to fail at our analysis of the characters because we never tried to understand the makers. So, let's start at the source.

I am going to add a few things here, feel free to add more to this...

Twisted:

This is the word that comes to my mind when I think about makers. First of all, realize this, someone actually thought to write a love story between to-be Jija and Sali and sell that to the Indian public who taboos this kind of love. If this isn't a twisted thought then what is?

(This also reminds me of the Bridgeton season two love story, where also to-be groom of the younger sister falls in love with her older sister and forces himself to marry the younger sister. That was in a much older era, and this is in the newer era. An impossible love story to tell but it happens anyway... and it works, we watched it anyway and loved it!)

Wicked Genius:

The fact that we want to ship Runak is immoral itself. We should judge ourselves. We want a guy to break up and go against his family to marry the younger sister of his to-be-wife. Makers are making us want this immoral love to happen. So I think they are wicked geniuses in that sense.

Keeping a balance with morals:

We all have been complaining quite a bit about fewer Runak romance scenes between the leads. I feel this is very much intentional from the makers. We can hate them for it as we love our leads so much that we want to see them being romantic with each other. Cliche scenes I feel were intentionally avoided, because they wanted to develop a deep emotional connection to justify their relationship to us. If they gave romantic scenes that will portray the leads of the show as well ..." perverts"!

Writing Anirudh bose:

This character is really something. That is too much goodness in him for someone to hate him completely, and some traits belong to a villain in storytelling generally. For example, he wishes to take revenge on a woman he loves because she hurt him and did not follow what he wanted, he dares to ask Jhanak to stay in his life but promises to marry her sister simply because he lacks the guts to face the society and his family, lying to his fiance to visit her sister just to confirm if she is romancing with another guy or not lol ... think about this leaving your love for Anirudh aside, these traits are generally of a villain in the story and in real life we won't like a man like Anirudh to be our fiance ๐Ÿ˜† Lot of people hate this about him and I don't blame them! But most of us want him and love him!

Makers have taken a lot of liberties with this character and we will sound like idiots if we try to tell this story in plain English to someone who does not follow this show. Ask me how? I told my husband two lines and his first question was, so why is he marrying this woman?

People who wrote this guy and made us fall in love with him, do you expect them to give us a straightforward love story? Hell no!

Love for most bizarre situations:

The bizarre characters, and bizarre love story demand bizarre situations. We have seen a few, Hindu wedding reversal rasams, calling marriage fake or half, marrying people online, hitting a child with a mental condition... What a bizarre Indian family who is afraid of losing their izzat in society resort to! This won't be the end!

Love for reality and family drama:

The fact that they show so much family drama that we get fed up with it, they want to show family dynamics. They don't want to show a love story where two people meet, fall in love, and happily live ever after. No, they want to involve the family in this, showing how much impossible this love story is. How family and their opinions count as well and how they impact the love story of the two we want to witness. They certainly missed balance in between and it was quite repetitive but now they are adding more colors to the characters. What we want is a straightforward love story, they don't have any intention to show it.

Triggering the audience:

They know the formula of what triggers the audience. Does it matter to them if you are watching the show because you hate it or because you love it? The fact that I am investing so much time in writing about the show tells me they must be doing something right to attract me, the person who was far far away from toxic drama, loves sci-fi TV shows, and likes episodes with limited amount. They pitch the promos and precaps by exactly cutting them so that it triggers us and we have more curiosity to learn more. How many of us vowed to leave the show and came back still? ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

Love for extremes:

The leads of this show are two extremes. The situation is extreme. The decisions they make are always extreme. Their conversations are extreme. The love is extreme. The insults and toxicity are extreme. The hate is extreme. The extreme family with extremely poor people and rich living under the same roof.

There is never a middle ground. It leaves us begging for some normalcy in the show because we don't want to feel these extreme emotions anymore. So this is something to understand and make peace with, we have not signed up for a normal love story. But I bet that is what is making us come back! We think we will witness extreme romance as well!

Not getting influenced by audience opinion:

Some things play a part here, like budget, etc but they know what they want to show. I think they do ๐Ÿค”... Because with so much backlash they dared to break Runak apart in the worst way possible. Took the risk of breaking audiences' hearts, knowing fewer romance scenes wouldn't earn them TRP. I want to also think of this as a good thing. I want a storyteller that tells the story they want to tell and not what people want to hear! That is what makes it an interesting story.

Leaving judgment to the audience:

Very often I see dialogues in the case of Jhanak and Anirudh that make us a question, are they for real? What the hell are they trying to say? I feel this is very intentional! Audiences have already connected with the characters, they are leaving the task of interpretation to us. It's like observing an art piece. Everyone interprets it differently. Painters simply paint it without any subtitles, leaving the interpretation to the viewers. This is why we all feel we are in a moral dilemma all the time when we want so hard to love Anirudh Bose or Jhanak Raina but they say something stupid in their head and we just go bonkers!

One track one major outcome:

No multiple wins. This is a ploy to extend the track. A recent example, Shristi deserved to be jailed for life but they only wanted Jhanak to be free from Anirush's promises and from Basus, so that will only achieve that. No matter how much we cry!

There are some other known traits of the makers of this show...

For example, love for weddings, leaving things open-ended way too often... but we all know that! I hope they slowly fill up these gaps.

I hope this gives you guys a chance to think and realize this isn't the regular makers and a regular story, so far at least! So can we expect normal things? May be now we need to learn to keep our expectations in check and always expect the unexpected.

Edited by vira76 - 2 months ago
vira76 thumbnail

Originally posted by: vira76

First of all know, this isn't a love letter! But I wanted to waste some valuable time of my life to write about this because recently I have been thinking a lot and I feel we did a lot of analysis of the characters but we never really discussed or analyzed the makers of this show. We continued to fail at our analysis of the characters because we never tried to understand the makers. So, let's start at the source.

Twisted:

This is the word that comes to my mind when I think about makers. First of all, realize this, someone actually thought to write a love story between to-be Jija and Sali and sell that to the Indian public who taboos this kind of love. If this isn't a twisted thought then what is?

(This also reminds me of the Bridgeton season two love story, where also to-be groom of the younger sister falls in love with her older sister and forces himself to marry the younger sister. That was in a much older era, and this is in the newer era. An impossible love story to tell but it happens anyway... and it works, we watched it anyway and loved it!)

Wicked Genius:

The fact that we want to ship Runak is immoral itself. We should judge ourselves. We want a guy to break up and go against his family to marry the younger sister of his to-be-wife. Makers are making us want this immoral love to happen. So I think they are wicked geniuses in that sense.

We all have been complaining quite a bit about fewer Runak romance scenes between the leads. I feel this is very much intentional from the makers. We can hate them for it as we love our leads so much that we want to see them being romantic with each other. Cliche scenes I feel were intentionally avoided, because they wanted to develop a deep emotional connection to justify their relationship to us. If they gave romantic scenes that will portray the leads of the show as well ... "perverts"!

Writing Anirudh bose:

This character is really something. That is too much goodness in him for someone to hate him completely, and some traits belong to a villain in storytelling generally. For example, he wishes to take revenge on a woman he loves because she hurt him and did not follow what he wanted, he dares to ask Jhanak to stay in his life but promises to marry her sister simply because he lacks the guts to face the society and his family, lying to his fiance to visit her sister just to confirm if she is romancing with another guy or not lol ... think about this leaving your love for Anirudh aside, these traits are generally of a villain in the story and in real life we won't like a man like Anirudh to be our fiance ๐Ÿ˜† Lot of people hate this about him and I don't blame them! But most of us want him and love him!

Makers have taken a lot of liberties with this character and we will sound like idiots if we try to tell this story in plain English to someone who does not follow this show. Ask me how? I told my husband two lines and his first question was, so why is he marrying this woman?

People who wrote this guy and made us fall in love with him, do you expect them to give us a straightforward love story? Hell no!

The bizarre characters, and bizarre love story demand bizarre situations. We have seen a few, Hindu wedding reversal rasams, calling marriage fake or half, marrying people online, hitting a child with a mental condition... What a bizarre Indian family who is afraid of losing their izzat in society resort to! This won't be the end!

The fact that they show so much family drama that we get fed up with it, they want to show family dynamics. They don't want to show a love story where two people meet, fall in love, and happily live ever after. No, they want to involve the family in this, showing how much impossible this love story is. How family and their opinions count as well and how they impact the love story of the two we want to witness. They certainly missed balance in between and it was quite repetitive but now they are adding more colors to the characters. What we want is a straightforward love story, they don't have any intention to show it.

Triggering the audience:

They know the formula of what triggers the audience. Does it matter to them if you are watching the show because you hate it or because you love it? The fact that I am investing so much time in writing about the show tells me they must be doing something right to attract me, the person who was far far away from toxic drama, loves sci-fi TV shows, and likes episodes with limited amount. They pitch the promos and precaps by exactly cutting them so that it triggers us and we have more curiosity to learn more. How many of us vowed to leave the show and came back still? ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

Love for extremes:

The leads of this show are two extremes. The situation is extreme. The decisions they make are always extreme. Their conversations are extreme. The love is extreme. The insults and toxicity are extreme. The hate is extreme. The extreme family with extremely poor people and rich living under the same roof.

There is never a middle ground. It leaves us begging for some normalcy in the show because we don't want to feel these extreme emotions anymore. So this is something to understand and make peace with, we have not signed up for a normal love story. But I bet that is what is making us come back! We think we will witness extreme romance as well!

Some things play a part here, like budget, etc but they know what they want to show. I think they do ๐Ÿค”... Because with so much backlash they dared to break Runak apart in the worst way possible. Took the risk of breaking audiences' hearts, knowing fewer romance scenes wouldn't earn them TRP. I want to also think of this as a good thing. I want a storyteller that tells the story they want to tell and not what people want to hear! That is what makes it an interesting story.

Very often I see dialogues in the case of Jhanak and Anirudh that make us a question, are they for real? What the hell are they trying to say? I feel this is very intentional! Audiences have already connected with the characters, they are leaving the task of interpretation to us. It's like observing an art piece. Everyone interprets it differently. Painters simply paint it without any subtitles, leaving the interpretation to the viewers. This is why we all feel we are in a moral dilemma all the time when we want so hard to love Anirudh Bose or Jhanak Raina but they say something stupid in their head and we just go bonkers!

One track one major outcome:

No multiple wins. This is a ploy to extend the track. A recent example, Shristi deserved to be jailed for life but they only wanted Jhanak to be free from Anirush's promises and from Basus, so that will only achieve that. No matter how much we cry!

For example, love for weddings, leaving things open-ended way too often... but we all know that! I hope they slowly fill up these gaps.

I hope this gives you guys a chance to think and realize this isn't the regular makers and a regular story, so far at least! So can we expect normal things? May be now we need to learn to keep our expectations in check and always expect the unexpected.

Edited by vira76 - 2 months ago
Manoshono thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Twisted:

Wicked Genius:

We all have been complaining quite a bit about fewer Runak romance scenes between the leads. I feel this is very much intentional from the makers. We can hate them for it as we love our leads so much that we want to see them being romantic with each other. Cliche scenes I feel were intentionally avoided, because they wanted to develop a deep emotional connection to justify their relationship to us. If they gave romantic scenes that will portray the leads of the show as well ..." perverts"!

Writing Anirudh bose:

Triggering the audience:

Love for extremes:

Yeah I wonder why our long analysis wouldnโ€™t work at allsmiley17

We have to think abnormally now, a more wicked way and a more harami way. Maybe then our analysis will be useful because makers bhi wese he hain smiley37

Anirudh and Jhanak both are weirdos and wont have us go through their minds so easily. Makers are clever giving us tenga smiley21every time we think this or that could be the reason ๐Ÿ˜‚

Edkv74 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Twisted:

Wicked Genius:

Writing Anirudh bose:

Triggering the audience:

Love for extremes:

Wow! One hell of a write up that was๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™Œ

rysohini thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Agree 100%

Purple - They have a vision and a story to tell, they will do just that ! It would help us probably if we just looked at these characters as kirdaars and that's it !

They will behave, talk, walk, drift apart, come close if at all, based on the need of the narrative! The makers might tweak if they see it's not fetching them the needed TRPs, but that's the most they would do!

Green - This is a convenient ploy, and since their is neither accountability nor follow through, most incidents however big or small they are, end up being Raat Gone Baat Gone!

All said, I am here for RuNak, till the time I see makers trying to make an effort to make RuNak happen, I will be with them ! The day they deviate, is the day I am gonna leave smiley1

Twisted:

Wicked Genius:

Writing Anirudh bose:

Triggering the audience:

Love for extremes:

vira76 thumbnail

added one more thing... but yes correct!

In simple terms they are harami!

Originally posted by: Manoshono

Yeah I wonder why our long analysis wouldnโ€™t work at allsmiley17

We have to think abnormally now, a more wicked way and a more harami way. Maybe then our analysis will be useful because makers bhi wese he hain smiley37

Anirudh and Jhanak both are weirdos and wont have us go through their minds so easily. Makers are clever giving us tenga smiley21every time we think this or that could be the reason ๐Ÿ˜‚

vira76 thumbnail

bold1: I agree... what makes the story sometimes feel so disconnected!

added one more thing in the write-up...

bold2: i wonder if that is ever going to happen. Right now it looks like they are already worlds apart, but somehow they manage to make people hope for Runak. ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

Originally posted by: rysohini

Agree 100%

Purple - They have a vision and a story to tell, they will do just that ! It would help us probably if we just looked at these characters as kirdaars and that's it !

They will behave, talk, walk, drift apart, come close if at all, based on the need of the narrative! The makers might tweak if they see it's not fetching them the needed TRPs, but that's the most they would do!

Green - This is a convenient ploy, and since their is neither accountability nor follow through, most incidents however big or small they are, end up being Raat Gone Baat Gone!

All said, I am here for RuNak, till the time I see makers trying to make an effort to make RuNak happen, I will be with them ! The day they deviate, is the day I am gonna leave smiley1