Anyone missing the SRK Romance Era?

sulini76 thumbnail
Posted: 21 days ago

Such iconic romantic films were released from 1995-2005 like DDLJ, KKHH, K3G, Devdas, Kal Ho Naa Ho and Veer Zaara. We don't see romantic films like these ones anymore. The romance in Laapataa Ladies and Dunki perhaps came close. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

forza thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

I really miss those old time Rom Coms, Saif ali Khan & SRK movies 

I_M_SultaN thumbnail

Munna Bhai Nahi Nahi GIF - Munna Bhai Nahi Nahi Nai ...

khan.baba thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

jab tak hai jaan was last year when he suited romantic roles .... post dilwale he got aged

sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

No thank you.

Already tolerated alot of his puke worthy over acting in such roles with unbearable hamming.

The REAL ROMANTIC HEROES of 90s were Salman and Aamir with their natural lover boy performances for which they got the title of chocolate lover boys ...they were the PIONEERS of romantic films of 90s with QSQT and MPK alongwith Dil, dhkmn, hhrpk, saajan, hahk, hash, pktdk, Rangeela, jpkshh, baaghi, hddcs and many more...

Srk was just a hamming extension of Salman and Amir, who got real lucky in such roles mainly due to consistent backing by yrf and dharma.

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

I miss the Bollywood pre-2015. I really feel like after 2015, things went downhill fast. First with Deepika's rise and then Alia's - both mediocre at best.

Not only that - the songs, the dancing, the fashion - all downhill. 

Edited by Shaitan-Haiwan - 21 days ago
prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Yea a lot. I am looking forward to Auron Mein Kahan Dum Tha. And it looks age appropriate romantic movie with two 50+ actors. I hate to see SRK with heroines 20 yrs younger to him. smiley44 I hope to see TONS of romantic movies with him and Kajol, Juhi and Preity. smiley42

Originally posted by: sulini76

Such iconic romantic films were released from 1995-2005 like DDLJ, KKHH, K3G, Devdas, Kal Ho Naa Ho and Veer Zaara. We don't see romantic films like these ones anymore. The romance in Laapataa Ladies and Dunki perhaps came close. 

Not me, I like him in negative/dark roles more than stupid lovey dovey movies...

sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

Not me, I like him in negative/dark roles more than stupid lovey dovey movies...

Agree on this.

Srk's true potential shines in experimental roles (kabhi haan kabhi naa, Swades etc), aggressive (CDI, Raees), dark (baazigar, darr, anjaam) or action oriented roles (Don, Jawan, patthan etc).

In romantic roles he feels like way too syrupy and try hard types. He has wasted alot of his acting potential for years appearing in similar sort of romantic films, which were though hits, but didn't raised the bar for him as a performer. 

e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Please don’t call stalking as romance. 😆 

Salman’s Prem era is something else though.smiley42