All_A_MooPoint thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

EmptySky thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
The way some of you all completely ignore the depth in Abhira's character and reduce her to a mere lover girl is so beyond me because the version of her we are seeing now is not something random girl blind in love, it's someone who is so lonely, abused and exhausted that she is ready to live off the scrapes of love that the man she loves is ready to throw at her. The manner in which a lot of people will go particularly articulate about Armaan's childhood trauma but make no attempts to delve into Abhira's psyche and minimise her to being an immature young girl in love is so telling of how people place a fictional female and a male in a relationship. There is an imbalanced power dynamic between Armaan and Abhira, which pushes Abhira to readily comprise, because something is still better than nothing, having people around you, to call your own, is better than suffocating in a room that seems to close on you. Moreover, Armaan wanting Abhira for himself and Ruhi for the family is so twisted and so problematic because where does that take into account feelings of either of the girls? It's disappointing that someone as singular as Abhira has been reduced to a side piece to Armaan's rehabilitation of sorts for the audience
Fortnight thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Beautiful Analysis smiley27

And i agree the writers have done a great job in the character arc of both leads. Unfortunately can't say the same about Ruhi. I find her character quite inconsistent.

All_A_MooPoint thumbnail

Originally posted by: EmptySky

The way some of you all completely ignore the depth in Abhira's character and reduce her to a mere lover girl is so beyond me because the version of her we are seeing now is not something random girl blind in love, it's someone who is so lonely, abused and exhausted that she is ready to live off the scrapes of love that the man she loves is ready to throw at her. The manner in which a lot of people will go particularly articulate about Armaan's childhood trauma but make no attempts to delve into Abhira's psyche and minimise her to being an immature young girl in love is so telling of how people place a fictional female and a male in a relationship. There is an imbalanced power dynamic between Armaan and Abhira, which pushes Abhira to readily comprise, because something is still better than nothing, having people around you, to call your own, is better than suffocating in a room that seems to close on you. Moreover, Armaan wanting Abhira for himself and Ruhi for the family is so twisted and so problematic because where does that take into account feelings of either of the girls? It's disappointing that someone as singular as Abhira has been reduced to a side piece to Armaan's rehabilitation of sorts for the audience

I don't think i am ignoring the depth of the character. But i have mentioned that part of abhira's personality that has been misunderstood by some just like how you have done. just like how i have mentioned armaan's.

Coming to the conclusion that we are minimising her to be an immature young girl in love isn't right. Its my perspective and it does not view a bechari in any way. If anything, my view of abhira as a character is more strong than yours. I do not believe that Abhira fell for armaan because she was lonely and exhausted and he was the only guy available. If i did so, you can say that i have undermined the depth of abhira's character. Never has abhira's character succumbed to the whole i am a lonely girl, so lets surround myself with people who insult me even if it is suffocating because something is better than nothing. She had always kept her self respect above everything. The only time she had compromised is when she returned to poddar house for armaan's parents and that showed how despite what others said, she was mature one of the lot. Abhira is still the no filer self respecting girl who is in love. and I don't think they are mutually exclusive.

And about the power dynamics, even though it exists, it had never led to abhira compromising because something is better than nothing. Before, the power dynamic existed because abhira had realised her love while armaan was still busy being a willing executioner for his family. Now that the scales have titled, abhira has the power now. Its disappointing the actions of abhira in love is considered to be weak and side piece. Too woke an opinion i would say

Understanding armaan does not been glorifying his actions. if i had said armaan two timing ruhi and abhira is acceptable, then that's a different issue. As I said every one has to face the consequences for their actions and choice despite their reasons, that includes for armaan as well.

The reason people go into depths to understand armaan's trauma is because that character is judged too much. Abhira is a solid character with solid morals whose actions are easily understandable and relatable to the audience. And that doesn't reduce her character to the state of being nothing.

Edited by All_A_MooPoint - 3 months ago
All_A_MooPoint thumbnail

Originally posted by: Fortnight

Beautiful Analysis smiley27

And i agree the writers have done a great job in the character arc of both leads. Unfortunately can't say the same about Ruhi. I find her character quite inconsistent.

Ruhi's character is immoral and is consistent with that immorality. So its difficult to understand. Armaan despite his own immoral actions sometimes also does things that makes the audience torn between hating him and understanding him.