Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 3 months ago

Originally posted by: Pete15rogmourey

Wait so Nagpaash and Sanjeevani are two different incidents? I've never read Ramayan in detail so idk

As far as i know Sanjeevani bhuti happened after Kumbhkaran's death but here Meghu is using Nagpaash already

Yes both are different incidents. For Naagpas Garud ji comes and saves them and sanjeevani was for Brahmastra according to VR

chatterbox thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: ananya3129

Yes both are different incidents. For Naagpas Garud ji comes and saves them and sanjeevani was for Brahmastra according to VR

You r right here. I also heard it was brahmastra but more it's mentioned as Shakti baan

Which was actually a big knife type weapon goes aarpaar on lakshman.

P.S : This post is to defend VR not to demean other versions. Please take this as a discussion and don't take it other way

Why do we have doubts regarding VR when all the shlokas are there available. When comes to MB we unanimously agree that Vyasa is the author but Why Valmiki ji doesn't get that credit being the original poet of this MahaKavya smiley13. He was the one who created this epic saga then , others followed his work and created or translated their own version. For example Dandi Ramayana is the Odia Version where Balarama Das has changed a lot of things. He has described Mandodari as the one and only wife of Mandodari ( funny thing is in our marriages Pandit jis literally sing " Jatha Ravanasya Mandodari" smiley39) like seriously.

My heart goes out for Valmiki ji who created India's first Epic but his creation doesn't get its due credits

Your two cents

Edited by ananya3129 - 3 months ago

P.S : This post is to defend VR not to demean other versions. Please take this as a discussion and don't take it other way

Why do we have doubts regarding VR when all the shlokas are there available. When comes to MB we unanimously agree that Vyasa is the author but Why Valmiki ji doesn't get that credit being the original poet of this MahaKavya smiley13. He was the one who created this epic saga then , others followed his work and created or translated their own version. For example Dandi Ramayana is the Odia Version where Balarama Das has changed a lot of things. He has described Mandodari as the one and only wife of Mandodari ( funny thing is in our marriages Pandit jis literally sing " Jatha Ravanasya Mandodari" smiley39) like seriously.

My heart goes out for Valmiki ji who created India's first Epic but doesn't get due credits

Your two cents

Forgot to tag

CID-fan-394 thumbnail

Panchavati Peacekeepers

My heart goes out for Valmiki ji who created India's first Epic but doesn't get due credits

Your two cents

Who claims that Valmiki ji didn't write Ramayan? I've never in my life come across anyone who have said that

Originally posted by: Pete15rogmourey

Who claims that Valmiki ji didn't write Ramayan? I've never in my life come across anyone who have said that

No no I meant I have seen people questioning authenticity of VR, like saying its debatable.

CID-fan-394 thumbnail

Panchavati Peacekeepers

No no I meant I have seen people questioning authenticity of VR, like saying its debatable.

They question the authenticity of MB too

chatterbox thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Eh le I was searching where u tagged me

Ananya i don't think anyone here question about authentication of valmiki Ramayan

It was and will always be the original one

It's just not all may have read it

And when it's adapted in tv shows so different sources are used for whatever purpose makers decide.

Ok pls clear one doubt in my mind here

When I was a kid ( ok I m still a kid at times 😂)

I had read story of ratnakar dacoit .who later turned valmiki..

That part anyone knows and is that true

RamLakshman thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Ayodhya Archers

My heart goes out for Valmiki ji who created India's first Epic but his creation doesn't get its due credits

Your two cents

I think the major reason why it's debatable is because it happened before Lord Ram was born while Manas was a retelling by Hanumanji and apparently approved by Mahadev as well.. which is also why the language is simpler.

I don't think Valmiki doesn't get due credit but it's more like most people agree they lack the knowledge to debate whether or not how much of it was true, since it was pre written. VR showed Ramji as human while Manas showed him as Narayan being a human and doing what he did for leela, which I'm assuming is what stuck and was narrated through generations and taught the world what was needed. Eg, Lakshman rekha.

I'm unsure on what or why do we have 300+ versions of the Ramayan but I've heard most people saying those are similar to Manas when compared to VR, duly noting the point that Tulsidas has mentioned and credited Valmiki in Manas.

Overall I think it's an extremely lengthy and never ending discussion to have, and the lack of enough evidence/knowledge has made people stick to the common mixed version that's been on for years - to the point where VR seems very complex to understand, the timelines are very drastic and few incidents too.

RamAayeHain thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Ayodhya Archers

Your two cents

The people who question authenticity of VR does question authenticity of Mahabharata too

Either believes both or none

None waalo pe ab dhyaan hi mat do smiley36because they don't believe not because they don't have proofs but because they think they know world's history better , agar unhe nahi lagta ki ye hua hoga to ye pakka nahi hua hoga

Jis din aisa kuch bahar nikalkar aaya ki ye hua hai us din bhi ye log Denial mein hi rahenge smiley36

People think old people fictions padhkar ye maan liye direct ki inhone hi hume banaya hai, same people who introduced meditation, yoga, philosophy, science, maths are the people who read "fictions" and started parampara of God🙄