Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Savera84 thumbnail

India

Posted: 19 days ago

Another comprehensive victory for Afghanistan. There was never a doubt about them losing this game after the bowlers restricted PNG to 95. It was only a question of how many overs and credit to PNG for making it hard. Ibrahim and Gurbaz for the first time in the tournament departed cheaply which meant the others could spend some time in the middle. Naib and Omarzai added a small partnership before the latter got a stinker. The former carried on and saw Afghanistan over the line in the company of Nabi. The PNG pacers were disciplined and tried their best but they didn't have enough runs on the board, maybe another 30-40 would have made things interesting. Presentations coming up..

Savera84 thumbnail

India

Fazalhaq Farooqi | Player of the Match - I want to congratulate people of Afghanistan for qualifying to the Super 8, I think we've played some good cricket. I was in the IPL, unfortunately I didn't get a game, so I came here and gave myself the strength to come and perform. I have two plans while bowling - just get wickets if there's any swing or seam, if there's no movement, I just bowl in the right areas and keep it simple. We just need to give our 100% and do our best (in the Super 8).

Assad Vala | PNG captain: They are a really good bowling unit but gifting them four run outs was not acceptable. It has been challenging not just for us but for every team (batting on these pitches). We spoke about giving ourselves time and then launching later, something we learned from yesterday's game but they bowled really well. We have not put enough runs on the board for them to defend. The bowling department has been really good. We created some opportunities but could not hold on to those chances. We don't face this type of bowlers at the associate level and it is a challenge.

Savera84 thumbnail

India

Biggest win-margins for Afghanistan in T20Is (by balls remaining)

73 vs IRE, Dubai, 2017

59 vs SL, Dubai, 2022

32 vs ZIM, Sharjah, 2018

29 vs PNG, Tarouba, 2024

16 vs UAE, Edinburgh, 2015

Savera84 thumbnail

India

Rashid Khan | Afghanistan captain: Feeling great to qualifying for the next round. Great effort from the boys since game one. They know what they to do and have executed beautifully, making things easy for me. It is important to have someone like Gurbaz who goes out and takes on the bowling or Farooqi who picks up wickets in the powerplay. If the batter is attacking then as a bowler you have to attack too especially with pitches helping you. They (the openers) have given us good starts in the last two games and today was a good opportunity for the others to spend some time in the middle. We had a domestic competition before coming here and everyone are in form. That is the beauty of playing of franchise cricket as you know the conditions, some of them have played at St Lucia and know how the pitch will play which will help others. Everyone has the skill to adjust to any condition and hopefully we will win that game (against WI) as well.

Savera84 thumbnail

India

Group C has been decided - West Indies and Afghanistan make it to the next round while New Zealand, who still have two games to play, are knocked out. The Kiwis needed PNG to win here to keep their chances alive but with the way Afghanistan have been playing that was a far cry. PNG have another game under their belt at the highest level and they will take that experience with them. That's all from this encounter. Until next time, goodbye and stay safe..

Vedika.Kapoor thumbnail

Dang i again forgot to predict 😭😫

Rosyme thumbnail

India

Originally posted by: Sevenstreaks

He is in SRH squad only :)

May be they will retain him seeing his performance in T20 WC 

SRH should release Jansen. He gives too many NB s n IPL.

mushat thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail + 5

India

Arre wah...you did it again smiley40smiley40

Congratulations smiley40

sunshining thumbnail

thank yousmiley31

Rosyme thumbnail

India