Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Posted: 23 days ago

The Proteas have had two contrasting encounters on the tricky pitch at New Yorkโ€™s Nassau County International Cricket Stadium, but they will take the experience of playing two matches when they meet Bangladesh today. 

Should Aiden Markramโ€™s side win, they will consolidate their top position in the so-called group of death which also includes Sri Lanka, the Netherlands and Nepal.

But Markram is wary of the threat Bangladesh pose, especially with their all-round bowling attack.

โ€œItโ€™s going to be a proper challenge for us [against] a really strong Bangladesh team,โ€ the South Africa captain told reporters on Sunday.

The Proteas have played all their matches in New York so far and have a slight edge over Bangladesh, who last played at the venue in a June 1 warm-up match against India, and Markram said the greater knowledge of the conditions will help them plan better.

โ€œWe can develop plans [on] how to get to a score of maybe about 140 if we bat first and hopefully then our bowlers can do the rest.โ€

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Bangladesh ready for a โ€˜good fightโ€™

Meanwhile, Bangladeshโ€™s coach Chandika Hathurusinghe said his team was โ€œrelievedโ€ to have got over the line against Sri Lanka in their first match, but he expects them to perform better in their remaining three group games.

Bangladeshโ€™s batting has been poor in recent games but middle-order batters Liton Das and Towhid Hridoy have hit form in the T20 World Cup. Both batters were top scorers for the Tigers against Sri Lanka. Hridoy hit four sixes in his 20-ball-40.

The much-talked about New York pitch seems relatively settled since its opening match between India and Ireland, although bowlers should still find plenty of assistance.

The India-Pakistan game a day earlier saw both teams surpass 100 runs on the new surface that was unveiled for the match.

Rosyme thumbnail

India

Thanks for the tag ๐Ÿ’™

WildestDreams thumbnail

India

Thanks for the tag Madz!โค๏ธ

DiamondLife thumbnail

India

Thank you for the tag smiley4

DiamondLife thumbnail

India

Why I feel Bangladesh will win smiley24smiley36

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Originally posted by: DiamondLife

Why I feel Bangladesh will win smiley24smiley36

Yes, same feeling!! But, SA is a strong team till the final!

WildestDreams thumbnail

India

What to expect: An improved but still challenging pitch, and a sadly still slow outfield. The forecast is for highish humidity, which could aid swing, and perhaps a passing shower.

WildestDreams thumbnail

India

9.05am Good morning, everyone. We're here nice and early to bring some good news after rain delayed yesterday's India vs Pakistan match in New York last morning. Sid Monga, who has made the county ground his second home already, reports from the venue: "I know this ground has hardly had a chance of missing me, but I'm back here. It's a beautiful, sunny morning for South Africa vs Bangladesh. Strangely, it's less warm than yesterday. But the pitch is the same."

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

09:34 Local Time, 13:34 GMT, 19:04 IST: So about 24 hours since that epic low scoring thriller between India and Pakistan, we are back at Nassau County Cricket Stadium for the clash between South Africa and Bangladesh. Both these sides are unbeaten so far in the competition, having pulled through Sri Lanka who many might consider as the only real other challenger for the Super Eights.