Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

1179250 thumbnail
Posted: 4 months ago

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

Sajal was talking about shows which needed a man to sell despite him having a lesser role compared to the female leads. These were 2 examples.

You got it right đź‘Ť

Arreyaar thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Atrangi re Season 2 Participant 0 Thumbnail + 7

Neutral Nomads

Originally posted by: Winterberry08

When in the clip she says that she is talking about Hamza's dramas?

neither in the clip she is talking about dramas already madesmiley36
1179250 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Witchofthewest

neither in the clip she is talking about dramas already madesmiley36

Mai to confuse ho gayi hu

Hamza ka kuch lena dena hi nahi hai, na past aur current dramas ka

Wo to future ki baat kar rahi hai

Lagta hai uska clip sune Bina reply kar rahe hain that's why they took Hamza's drama's name, why would Sajal talk about his drama with Iqra?

Arreyaar thumbnail

Neutral Nomads

Originally posted by: G259

Hamza is there in the posters of the show.Why should he take offence anyway?

smiley36I don’t know.

Originally posted by: AuntyDepressant

We have so many real gender centric issues. I wish women would stop talking about imaginative issues.

Dramas are sold and watched on the names of Saba, Mahira, Yumna. Same way dramas are sold on FQ's, Humayun's, Fahad's, Wahaj's name.

People showing up at Gentleman's premiere and not showing up at Nayab's premiere has got nothing to do with Gender. In fact, if anything, people showed up to Gentleman's premiere because of Sana and Samina's production house. Both females. Watch SH take on Gentleman premiere where they mentioned this very same thing. Humayun being a producer might have contributed to it as well. As I said, nothing to do with Gender. People also did not show up at Gunjal's premiere. A male centric movie.

This poster issue is also at best imaginative. At least I have not seen concrete evidence of women being sidelined on posters or in advertising or marketing of a 'TV show' because they are females and the show will not be sold out on their name. It is all about bankability of an actor/actress and not gender.

In the end, my sympathy/empathy is still with Hamza. You go Hamza boy. I being a woman and a proud feminist am with you.smiley20

Tum sai tumhara poster koi nahin cheen sakta! smiley36

When you are promoting a show (I assume this is what it was), it is good to have a conversation where all the cast members and crew are equally included in the conversation with 'real issues', if that is what you want to talk about at a 'promotional event'. smiley5

The reason her poster example is confusing a lot of people is because at least I thought PTV is more female centric and dramas are sold on the names of women. Yes you have the mega stars like Feroze danish wahaj bilal but most dramas collectively belong to the FLs. Also am I wrong or are FL paid more in PTV ? Was this discussed in some panel - perhaps the one amina did ?

And of course PTV gives women their own posters! Female centric shows karo Aur apna poster le lo smiley36 I don’t buy that dramas “don’t get sold on a FL” - that’s not true. Lots of actresses carry dramas on their shoulders in which they have a main role. Balke male oriented shows kam hain. Lately Gentleman is probably one you can call male oriented. Baki most stuff is female oriented which actresses carry.

Even Sajal’s own movie Mom has just Sri Devi on the poster. Yeah I know it’s Netflix and not PTV but still, agar story female centric hai tou poster milay ga na, kyun nahi mile ga? smiley36

Simple si statement thi - about making empowering women roles in writing and trusting women to carry it

Edited by DreamOfEndless - 4 months ago
_OrChiD_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Ayeza Khan

Bechari talking about in general, not taking dig at anything but smiley37

She doesn't need to take dig at anything smiley36

1179250 thumbnail

Originally posted by: AuntyDepressant

Pay parity is also not an issue in TV industry. At least not for actors/actresses. Please watch Mashion roundtable for the reference.

There's not much happening between TV and movie industry of Pakistan, sab theaters band karwa ke ab everyone is TV actor with occasional releases with high ticket prices

Arreyaar thumbnail

Neutral Nomads

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

Sajal was talking about shows which needed a man to sell despite him having a lesser role compared to the female leads. These were 2 examples.

not seen 22 qadam but in mein, it feels like he was just added last moment randomly because of his recent popularity, even tho they didn’t have proper arc for him.
nightingale1234 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

#MeeraSim (Tere Bin)

Originally posted by: tgota92

The reason her poster example is confusing a lot of people is because at least I thought PTV is more female centric and dramas are sold on the names of women. Yes you have the mega stars like Feroze danish wahaj bilal but most dramas collectively belong to the FLs. Also am I wrong or are FL paid more in PTV ? Was this discussed in some panel - perhaps the one amina did ?

And of course PTV gives women their own posters! Female centric shows karo Aur apna poster le lo smiley36 I don’t buy that dramas “don’t get sold on a FL” - that’s not true. Lots of actresses carry dramas on their shoulders in which they have a main role. Balke male oriented shows kam hain. Lately Gentleman is probably one you can call male oriented. Baki most stuff is female oriented which actresses carry.

Even Sajal’s own movie Mom has just Sri Devi on the poster. Yeah I know it’s Netflix and not PTV but still, agar story female centric hai tou poster milay ga na, kyun nahi mile ga? smiley36

Simple si statement thi - about making empowering women roles in writing and trusting women to carry it - which got weird by this poster example. Uss ke baghair bhi baat samajh aa jati. Now we’ve taken it literally keh hain? aise kab hota hai? 🤣

When discussing women-centric roles, the focus should remain on the substance of the roles, rather than diverting attention to promotional materials.smiley36 It didn't make sense here..

Well, I don't blame her either. It's common for many actors to unintentionally misspeak at times...

Arreyaar thumbnail

Neutral Nomads

Originally posted by: Winterberry08

Mai to confuse ho gayi hu

Hamza ka kuch lena dena hi nahi hai, na past aur current dramas ka

Wo to future ki baat kar rahi hai

Lagta hai uska clip sune Bina reply kar rahe hain that's why they took Hamza's drama's name, why would Sajal talk about his drama with Iqra?

smiley15hamza doesn’t look good in hibernation. The moment he came out he’s been talked about smiley9