Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Hamza Sohail

Posted: 4 months ago

Even umm e hania has the same poster Featuring Neelam only

Arreyaar thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Atrangi re Season 2 Participant 0 Thumbnail + 7

Neutral Nomads

Well saidsmiley32, we need more solo female projects and measures taken for that. Tho its not the case for zpkb. Both hamza and sajal are important in the show. Just that they decided to go with only meenu’s poster first and as the main one, because its a women centric show. Everyone assumed by poster that hamza is not having a meaty role or he’s just a side character but he’s there from episode 1 and has a very important part to play.

Talking about her statement, yes those who have ropes in their hand should definitely think about this while creating topics like these.

Edited by Witchofthewest - 4 months ago

The statement is fine but I can’t remember if I’ve seen a female centric show she’s done which didn’t have the female lead on the poster? Last shows I saw were Sinf e Ahan and Kuch Ankahi and it was an ensemble cast and they all made it to the poster? Specifically female centric - Bakhtawar’s poster was just the FL on the poster. Even Nayab the movie just had Yumna on the poster. Although it was also the brothers story in that. So I do think specifically female centric, the woman does get her own poster in PTV. But unfortunately most stories are just love stories and family drama so of course male faces will be on the poster too 🤷‍♀️

If she means ZPKB, Hamza has a proper arc in that show? Becharay ko thora sa credit to de dena chahiye lol. He’s sitting right there

DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Battlefront Braves

Well said. If it's the woman's story, give her the space.

If it's the couple's story, give them the space like JEJ.

And how do we do that? By writing and making shows with the women at the centre of the plot. Like a Bakhtawar, or a Khaie(correct me if I'm wrong but I hear it's about tje woman's vengeance) or Sinf which was about a bunch of women.

Writers need to write and producers need to support.

Originally posted by: anikamathur

Even umm e hania has the same poster Featuring Neelam only

Umme Ayesha too. It’s just the FL on the poster.

Yes we need more female centric stories but the specific poster point she’s trying to make didn’t make any sense to me because PTV already does that.

moosewithagoose thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

#MeeFil (ZPKB)

Good for her...at least she doesnt have double standards unlike many so called female vocalists in the industry...smiley20

anikamathur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Hamza Sohail

Originally posted by: tgota92

Umme Ayesha too. It’s just the FL on the poster.

Yes we need more female centric stories but the specific poster point she’s trying to make didn’t make any sense to me because PTV already does that.

Yes I agree on female centric shows but I want male centric shows to be made look at BRKRJ it's a fully a male oriented drama same goes for gentleman also even Zulm and Namak Haram is based on Ijlal and Mureed's story

nightingale1234 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

#MeeraSim (Tere Bin)

Originally posted by: tgota92

The statement is fine but I can’t remember if I’ve seen a female centric show she’s done which didn’t have the female lead on the poster? Last shows I saw were Sinf e Ahan and Kuch Ankahi and it was an ensemble cast and they all made it to the poster? Specifically female centric - Bakhtawar’s poster was just the FL on the poster. Even Nayab the movie just had Yumna on the poster. Although it was also the brothers story in that. So I do think specifically female centric, the woman does get her own poster in PTV. But unfortunately most stories are just love stories and family drama so of course male faces will be on the poster too 🤷‍♀️

If she means ZPKB, Hamza has a proper arc in that show? Becharay ko thora sa credit to de dena chahiye lol. He’s sitting right there

Completely agree 👍

The quote would have been fine in any other context.. Haven't heard the whole interview, but if she was pointing towards ZPKB, it isn't only woman oriented, Hamza too has equal credit in that n he totally deserves to be a part of the poster..Like you said, this quote for this specific show doesn't make any sense at all.

Imagine if the opposite gender had made this point for their gender, this would have taken a completely different turn!!

Arreyaar thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Atrangi re Season 2 Participant 0 Thumbnail + 7

Neutral Nomads

She said that in general, and clarified it not talking basically about our project. But she said ek aurat ko aurat ki kahaani batane ke liye kisi ka sahara na lena pade. It was a comment overall for upcoming dramas for female centric shows.