Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Blood_Sacrifice thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 months ago

Originally posted by: prerna4rishav

Oh yes I might have totally missed it, thought it’s a sarcastic post, I mean we can think of replacing Paro with say Sonali Bindra or someone who can match upto Aish’s Paro-face, but suggesting Rani, sorry I just thought it was a joke. smiley36

Paro wasn't meant to have earth-shattering beauty of Ash... that was purely a SLB creation. The book Paro was an ordinary girl, servant's daughter, someone from low-socioeconomic background. If she was called beautiful, it was because Devdas found her beautiful. Paro having miss-world like beauty is something SLB devised because he took Ash in the role.

I do think Rani could have nailed the acting part, and she could have looked good in a SLB film.

naaznin thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: MrChatVsNorway

He would have survived as Ash is manglik , woh sab ka jaan leti hai .

Wrong thing to say.. there r many ppl who r manglik n suffer because of superstitions so don't speak like that.

Rani Mukherjee herself is said to be manglik

Edited by naaznin - 5 months ago
MrChatVsNorway thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Blood_Sacrifice

Paro wasn't meant to have earth-shattering beauty of Ash... that was purely a SLB creation. The book Paro was an ordinary girl, servant's daughter, someone from low-socioeconomic background. If she was called beautiful, it was because Devdas found her beautiful. Paro having miss-world like beauty is something SLB devised because he took Ash in the role.

I do think Rani could have nailed the acting part, and she could have looked good in a SLB film.

exactly ! And Rani’s beauty is exotic and Ash’s beauty couldn’t compete with Rani’s completeness as an actress back in their prime .
CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: naaznin

This Aishwarya vs Rani everyday is purely nonsensesmiley11

Seriously

I am almost missing Arsalan and his 5 sonu nigam threads a day effort

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4

Not Rani please. Aish was good in that role.

Sritishabir1 thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

The aesthetics of the film required Ash. Rani would have been a misfit in the larger scheme of things. It's not that Rani is not beautiful but it required ash with the way it was made. Ash was the perfect choice. smiley20

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

I couldn't have expressed it better myselfsmiley27

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

As far as I know, Bhansali offered Paro's role to Kajol first, then to Kareena, then to his heroine from HDDCS... apparently, Rani wasn't even in his mind.

Also SRK wasn't his first choice but Govinda and Salman then, It had been only after PBDHH, that SLB contacted SRK for Devdas in 2000.

Aish is perfect to me not because of her beauty but because of the mix of arrogance, childishness, infatuation, victimplaying still being graceful. She was a very good fit into the decorum SLB established.

Rani would have - maybe - better portrayed the book-Paro...but then, it would also have been SRK as another Devdas and another pairing impression with Madhuri (and Madhuri as Chandramukhi had been his only choice as he had her in mind from the very beginning)...