Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 months ago

KANK was a special memory movie for me because I remember my cousins, family and childhood friends staying up to watch the movie together. Everyone has moved on with their life and in a different phase of life now. But yes Kajol made special appearance in the movie, she could've said no since she strongly disagree with the message of the movie, she turned down the movie. But the story of the movie happens in real life all the time, we have to show reality sometimes, not just fantasy. 

why kajol always putting down rani? on kwk episode when rani won the rapid fire, kajol said "the audience who made the decision is working for yrf, it's yrf studio and the show is rigid" something similar she said don't remember exact words. I mean it was funny lol but still that is her cousin 

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

KANK does show reality. I know many couples who go through that.

Also, Dev and Maya are morally ambigious, but so are a lot of people.

Terenaina thumbnail

Originally posted by: mintyblue

KANK does show reality. I know many couples who go through that.

Also, Dev and Maya are morally ambigious, but so are a lot of people.

I watched the movie years ago, so don't remember everything but did not like it since it seemed like a boring movie lol but preity looked cute, this movie was the movie where you notice she started using botox which is sad and loved the songs, srk and rani was looking good. 

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

I love the songs of this movie.

Where's The Party Tonight and Mitwa are my favouritessmiley27

Terenaina thumbnail

Originally posted by: mintyblue

I love the songs of this movie.

Where's The Party Tonight and Mitwa are my favouritessmiley27

I still think Mitwa is the BEST song ever. I love that song. 

piya2025 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: infinity101

KANK is a problematic film for sure, since it justifies adultery in a way, for the longest time I hated it, but growing up I realised human beings are flawed and their relationships are complex. I do believe in loyalty and integrity but KANK tried exploring concept of unhappy marriages and where it often leads to, not everyone cheats but most human beings are capable of it. Of course Dev and Maya were so selfish and big time a**holes but even if Abhishek’s character was a nice guy, Maya wasn’t obligated to love him, I think she was marrying him because she felt it her duty, since her husband and his father were pretty much the only family she had. Dev was a bitter man, he became more and more insecure after his accident, may be because his wife became the sole bread earner of the family and her success, career etc along with his inability to do anything for himself he just couldn’t digest, I don’t know I guess their marriage was already on the rocks. Anyway Dev and Maya both deserved each other since both committed adultery and both were big time losers smiley14

She wasn't obliged to love him, right! & Right there she had all the time to tell him that she doesn't love him & ask for divorce which she clearly didn't. Instead went ahead cheating behind his back knowing how much he loved her.

No matter how complex relationships are, cheaters & cheating can't be justified. & In these cases, especially when their partners are non-problematic which can't be said about them.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

I find it interesting how more people seem to hate a fictional movie with fictional characters for portraying cheating but seem to have zero qualms with supporting actors and celebs who are in real life cheaters and never been punished for what they've done...

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: piya2025

She wasn't obliged to love him, right! & Right there she had all the time to tell him that she doesn't love him & ask for divorce which she clearly didn't. Instead went ahead cheating behind his back knowing how much he loved her.

No matter how complex relationships are, cheaters & cheating can't be justified. & In these cases, especially when their partners are non-problematic which can't be said about them.

Of course, I am not saying cheating can be justified, it’s one of the most cruel things to do to another person and cheaters are a**holes, I was just trying to convey that the tropes in the film were realistic, that bitter people in unhappy marriages do end up taking such steps, it’s not always black and white IMO, how I wish these 2 losers didn’t get a happy ending, that’s where the film went wrong. But I was just trying to understand Maya’s perspective, Rishi was a super nice guy, but a lot of times it does happen that no matter how nice your partner is, you don’t fall in love with them and end up being miserable, now what you choose to do after that is totally up to you and your moral conscience, Maya and Dev clearly didn’t have one, but I found the film very realistic, since a lot of unhappy marriages do lead to adultery, especially if the people involved are selfish, communication is the key but a lot of people tend to avoid such conversations and end up taking the easy route, agar baat karne se sab solve ho jata toh problem hi kya thi.

crazygul thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Kank is a problematic n depressing movie. 

piya2025 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: infinity101

Of course, I am not saying cheating can be justified, it’s one of the most cruel things to do to another person and cheaters are a**holes, I was just trying to convey that the tropes in the film were realistic, that bitter people in unhappy marriages do end up taking such steps, it’s not always black and white IMO, how I wish these 2 losers didn’t get a happy ending, that’s where the film went wrong. But I was just trying to understand Maya’s perspective, Rishi was a super nice guy, but a lot of times it does happen that no matter how nice your partner is, you don’t fall in love with them and end up being miserable, now what you choose to do after that is totally up to you and your moral conscience, Maya and Dev clearly didn’t have one, but I found the film very realistic, since a lot of unhappy marriages do lead to adultery, especially if the people involved are selfish, communication is the key but a lot of people tend to avoid such conversations and end up taking the easy route, agar baat karne se sab solve ho jata toh problem hi kya thi.

IMO, it wasn't just that they were selfish or that communication was a problem. Did they want to communicate at all in the first place? The most problematic thing about both Maya & Dev was that both were busy self-victimizing themselves. They didn't think twice before sleeping with eachother. Heck! Dev even had a kid. People who tends to avoid such conversation do so because they know they can't justify their act nomatter what. At the same time, they don't want to look bad in the eyes of others. These kind of people are absolutely miserable, toxic. Worse than even those who are loose character by default.

Baat karne se problem solve na ho but often times it gives a person clarity about where they stand in the other person's life.