Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kaya65 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 5 months ago

Originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

Someone advised me a few weeks back. That putting down other's people favorites will not pull your favorite up. Similarly, saying that Katrina's Botox went bad (even though she still looks ten times better than Ranbir without makeup,) will not prove that Ranbir is not aging badly. And the same person who so enthusiastically agreed with you there just liked your post. As if the fans of a talented self-made actor have any reason to be insecure of the overrated Ranbir. I wanted to tell you then. I am not referring to you specifically but in general. The attitude that people can not dislike my favorite for any merit-oriented reason other than their insecurity is the telltale sign of a rabid fan who is against others who have a different opinion.

Keep opening threads about Ranbir if it makes you feel better smiley17

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

Beautifully said. Some users on here feel that if their favs are pulled down, the first thing they do is go on rage binges and start posting spam threads and posts about the favs of the people attacking their favs. Very obvious and really rather ridiculous.

I watched Merry Christmas and Katrina looks like a dream in it. Just like her old self so anyone trying to pull down Katrina in order to prop up Ranbir needs a new trick because this one ain't working.

Also I have to say that all these pics of Ranbir are seriously traumatizing me at this point lol. Each one seems worse than the other, like some horror movie villain who keeps coming back.

I have disliked Ranbir far longer than I have been a Vicky and Katrian fan. It has nothing to do with my security or insecurity. The fact of the matter is he is aging poorly and he is a very overrated actor. Also beyond his fair skin, there is nothing that great-looking about him. People talk about Vicky's nose. His nose too is oversized for his face. No one would find him that great looking in the west with his lean feminine face cut. Be careful mods here also go along with that thinking. They immediately give out warnings to anyone who uses the term fans. But will let the fans get personal with those who simply express opinions about actors that have a few overly sensitive fans here. HMs were created for this very reason. How I wish they completed their mission.

The basic line is Ranbir not being self-made, not being talented, and being an undisciplined alcoholic is just not very admirable. And he will have people who get turned off by him. But over-sensitivity leads to people taking their favorite actor over respect for those they interact with daily.

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kaya65

Keep opening threads about Ranbir if it makes you feel better smiley17

Will do! Don't need to ask! smiley36

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

I have disliked Ranbir far longer than I have been a Vicky and Katrian fan. It has nothing to do with my security or insecurity. The fact of the matter is he is aging poorly and he is a very overrated actor. Also beyond his fair skin, there is nothing that great-looking about him. People talk about Vicky's nose. His nose too is oversized for his face. No one would find him that great looking in the west with his lean feminine face cut. Be careful mods here also go along with that thinking. They immediately give out warnings to anyone who uses the term fans. But will let the fans get personal with those who simply express opinions about actors that have a few overly sensitive fans here. HMs were created for this very reason. How I wish they completed their mission.

The basic line is Ranbir not being self-made, not being talented, and being an undisciplined alcoholic is just not very admirable. And he will have people who get turned off by him. But over-sensitivity leads to people taking their favorite actor over respect for those they interact with daily.

Exactly, I have never seen his appeal. He plays the same exact character in every movie, a manchild with extreme daddy issues....which seems to be more or less his persona in real life so it's not even that he's proficient in acting in one role, he's just playing himself over and over. His inability to moderate in his indulgences is something that should not be passively accepted or glossed over when it's quite a major vice that seems to connect back to all branches of his life. I've never understood how he was deemed attractive. Even in his "chocolate hero" days in Saawariya, I didn't get the appeal and I certainly don't get it now. I do think that his fair skin gives him a lot of leeway that others like Vicky wouldn't necessarily get. If he was a few shades darker, I wonder if anyone would be so quick to defend his looks or "talent."

This isn't even diving into his treatment of women. He's a cheater and hasn't ever reformed. To quote Rachel from Friends, once a cheater always a cheater. The amount of women he has used to make his way to the top is astounding. Countless people have pointed out his patterns. When you consider his debut flop in Saawariya, one has to think that his career could easily have gone the way of Sonam Kapoor's, had it not been for him leeching his way onto Deepika and making sure that in every promotion for Om Shanti Om, he was right there next to her and always picturized. I honestly believe had it not been for this, he and Sonam Kapoor would have been on the exact same level. And while Sonam has lots of undesirable personality traits, I still have more respect for her than him because while she lives in her own insular bubble, I've never seen her actively hurt anyone the way he does to keep himself on top. And in fact, even she seems more politically aware than he is.

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

Exactly, I have never seen his appeal. He plays the same exact character in every movie, a manchild with extreme daddy issues....which seems to be more or less his persona in real life so it's not even that he's proficient in acting in one role, he's just playing himself over and over. His inability to moderate in his indulgences is something that should not be passively accepted or glossed over when it's quite a major vice that seems to connect back to all branches of his life. I've never understood how he was deemed attractive. Even in his "chocolate hero" days in Saawariya, I didn't get the appeal and I certainly don't get it now. I do think that his fair skin gives him a lot of leeway that others like Vicky wouldn't necessarily get. If he was a few shades darker, I wonder if anyone would be so quick to defend his looks or "talent."

This isn't even diving into his treatment of women. He's a cheater and hasn't ever reformed. To quote Rachel from Friends, once a cheater always a cheater. The amount of women he has used to make his way to the top is astounding. Countless people have pointed out his patterns. When you consider his debut flop in Saawariya, one has to think that his career could easily have gone the way of Sonam Kapoor's, had it not been for him leeching his way onto Deepika and making sure that in every promotion for Om Shanti Om, he was right there next to her and always picturized. I honestly believe had it not been for this, he and Sonam Kapoor would have been on the exact same level. And while Sonam has lots of undesirable personality traits, I still have more respect for her than him because while she lives in her own insular bubble, I've never seen her actively hurt anyone the way he does to keep himself on top. And in fact, even she seems more politically aware than he is.

You hit the nail on the head. He just has way more unlikable qualities then admirable ones. Along with that being overrated to the sky. Even when I was more of a Sushant and Rajkumar Rao fan people accused me of being insecure of Ranbir. Lol! It can be any other actor that is more talented than him. Which there are many of in Bollywood. Even Diljit Dosanjh is far more talented. Let's not mention Shahid Kapoor.

Edited by Grumpydwarf24 - 5 months ago
Rohit4ever thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Someone advised me a few weeks back. That putting down other's people favorites will not pull your favorite up. Similarly, saying that Katrina's Botox went bad (even though she still looks ten times better than Ranbir without makeup,) will not prove that Ranbir is not aging badly. And the same person who so enthusiastically agreed with you there just liked your post. As if the fans of a talented self-made actor have any reason to be insecure of the overrated Ranbir. I wanted to tell you then. I am not referring to you specifically but in general. The attitude that people can not dislike my favorite for any merit-oriented reason other than their insecurity is the telltale sign of a rabid fan who is against others who have a different opinion.

you articulated it so beautifully. All this reminds me of the past where katrina and deepika fans used to open threads just to spite each other. I especially used to bring katrina down and name call her when her fans used to comment/critique deepu's acting. NGL, it used to feel good back then like I have accomplished something by seeing them go mad. I guess that's human nature
MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Not the battle of the plastics smiley36

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: MostlyHarmIess

Not the battle of the plastics smiley36

More like alcoholics! smiley36

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Katrina is also an alcoholic? smiley3
Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: MostlyHarmIess

Katrina is also an alcoholic? smiley3

This post is about Ranbir. Katrina came in during the last two pages. He has gotten compared to plenty of others his age that look way better than him. smiley36