Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

K.Universe. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 months ago

Originally posted by: devashree_h

I am so surprised to know you are not PIO. All your thoughts match Indians, very much.

HAHA the I in my previous post was used in a generic / impersonal / indefinite way. Not literal.

I am as Indian as the next* person. smiley36

* next is being used in an idiomatic way :)

K.Universe. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: KJasoosChulbulP

People are picking on issues that are really small.

Maybe they are picking on small issues because there's a dedicated thread for that smiley1

Vr15h thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: devashree_h

I am so surprised to know you are not PIO. All your thoughts match Indians, very much.

About Ahmadiya Muslims, they were at the forefront of the creation of Pakistan. Individually, may be they can get Indian citizenship, but as a group, India won't consider them for asylum. We don't take refugees, but we do have certain responsibilities towards subcontinental Dharmic minorities, we possibly being the only ones who can give them semblance of dignity.

As for others, I don't think AMs would seek Indian citizenship. They would much rather go to some Western nation.

You're right. Ahmadiyas and Shi'as were considered muslims during the demand for Pakistan, and got it. If they are ill-treated by sunnis, India's not the one w/ a moral obligation to provide them asylum, let alone citizenship

Ahmadiyas are a curious lot. Although they're ill-treated in Pakistan, here in the West, they gang up w/ muslim groups in screaming "islamophobia" at anyone who has concerns about jihad. In fact, the term "islamophobia" was coined by Ahmadiyas. Also, while they're different from sunnis or shi'a in terms of not advocating any violence, they are as virulent against kafirs as other orthodox muslims. India should absolutely not give them blanket asylum as a group, but take it on a case by case basis, if at all

Vr15h thumbnail

Originally posted by: KJasoosChulbulP

Yes. There are some restrictions as there should be. People are picking on issues that are really small. And that’s fine too as it leads to considerations of issues eventually that might not be ho great priority. Sab kuch ek din mein naheen hoga.

Also OCI helps - no ? And they have even have improved tax laws for Indian returning. All steps forward IMHO.

Those issues may seem "small", but they turn out to be the fine print. For instance, having a cutoff for 2014 is not a "small" issue for a refugee family that's there in Jodhpur since 2017, but who won't be given anything by the government, which is otherwise very generous w/ Rohingyas in Delhi or Jammu. The fact that foreign Hindus are worse off in India than foreign muslims is not a "small" matter

What it does is expose that this supposed "Hindu Nationalist" government is a fraud when it comes to taking care of Hindus. Why do it, when it's politically much more expedient to weaponize their victimization for electoral purposes, hoping that the electorate will ignore who's been in power for the last 10 years

Vr15h thumbnail

Originally posted by: K.Universe.

Not true, Vrish. Even if I am a foreign national, who is neither an Indian citizen nor a person of Indian origin, I can still purchase or invest in residential or commercial property in India but certain conditions and restrictions apply. Agricultural land in general is off limits but even that has some exceptions built in.

If one is a foreign national, one may use one's passport to show an ID to do any subsequent business in India - including buying property

But in the case of these refugees, many don't have an ID, since they don't have passports, didn't get Indian visas (that's why they're in CAA in the first place: if they had passports & visas, it would have been a simpler case of coming to India & then seeking asylum). Yesterday, I saw a Twitter thread (attached below) where people had problems registering in the portal b'cos they did not have any passports (the issue has since been fixed, according to "Hindu Voice"). When someone has no ID, it's a very different story from when someone has a valid ID, even if foreign

https://twitter.com/HinduVoice_in/status/1769634873504108566

So in this case, if the Indian government is gonna issue IDs to refugees who currently don't have one, it's gonna be an officially government recognized ID: no other makes sense. Whether it's Adhar, PAN, Driver's license or Voter ID. But for them to issue that, the people being covered under it have to either be there legally, or there has to be a legitimate waiver of that requirement. That's why the fast-tracking of refugees is important regardless of when they arrived

By all means, it's legitimate to have a caveat: if the refugee is found to have had a prior criminal record (talking here about real crimes such as murder or embezzlement, not blasphemy of islam in Pakistan which anyone can be charged w/ these days), or if s/he commits crimes once s/he's gotten refugee status or citizenship, by all means make it null & void, & deport the person. But don't claim credit for passing this apparently good law if there are such holes in it that end up denying a lot of people relief from religious persecution

95027 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vr15h

Those issues may seem "small", but they turn out to be the fine print. For instance, having a cutoff for 2014 is not a "small" issue for a refugee family that's there in Jodhpur since 2017, but who won't be given anything by the government, which is otherwise very generous w/ Rohingyas in Delhi or Jammu. The fact that foreign Hindus are worse off in India than foreign muslims is not a "small" matter

What it does is expose that this supposed "Hindu Nationalist" government is a fraud when it comes to taking care of Hindus. Why do it, when it's politically much more expedient to weaponize their victimization for electoral purposes, hoping that the electorate will ignore who's been in power for the last 10 years

as I have told you many times. I don’t agree.I don’t agree domestic Hindus are worse off or any religion is. I also don’t agree that it’s a Hindu nationalist govt. and finally I believe that India has made tremendous progress in last 10 years. If it’s doesn’t meet your standard it’s fine but from what I have see that this govt did in just 10 years vs what was the state before that. It’s a great. And as I have said often to you. Progress takes time and India is on that path. And best part. It’s on the party manifesto on what they wanted to accomplish and best part is they have. Even abrogation of article 370 was on it.

Good news is that it’s a democracy. If you don’t like them which you have a right to - you can vote for someone else. I personally don’t see an alternative remotely close and definitely not the sanatan party you suggested as I do believe in the secular nature overall with UCC etc.

devashree_h thumbnail

Originally posted by: K.Universe.

HAHA the I in my previous post was used in a generic / impersonal / indefinite way. Not literal.

I am as Indian as the next* person. smiley36

* next is being used in an idiomatic way :)

I reread the post again and I understood what you meant.smiley36

Moonks thumbnail
Kejriwal is making illegal documents of the illegal migrants who are doing what he accused of the victims of these crimessmiley24

Anyway this is the decision which was long due and we really appreciate itsmiley32

P.s. Really loving the meltdown of hypocrites at every platformsmiley39

Moonks thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vr15h

can I ask something, if you don't mind? Do you live in India? Cause if you do then I failed to understand how did you miss the real development? This Govt has done something which no one could have, we could not even say we are sanatani without being embarrassed about our identity whereas people from other religions were allowed to proclaim their identity proudly, and now seeing people embracing their truth, their identity with proud is what I will say is one of the biggest achievement of this govt, seeing people proudly acknowledging their roots, their culture is the best thing which has happened in India.

I have seen the difference in these years, I have seen how differently you were treated by everyone around you when you used to say you are a Hindu, I have seen our teachers ridiculing our religion, our history, our culture and thats why I don't understand your point, you can't expect someone to reverse the damage done for last 1000 years in just 10 Years, they will do whatever is required to give Bharat it's original identity back and they need time for this and that's what they will get, BJP is the best thing happened to India recently and nothing in this world can change it for me.

Edited by Moonks - 6 months ago
Kyahikahoon thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Moonks

can I ask something, if you don't mind? Do you live in India? Cause if you do then I failed to understand how did you miss the real development? This Govt has done something which no one could have, we could not even say we are sanatani without being embarrassed about our identity whereas people from other religions were allowed to proclaim their identity proudly, and now seeing people embracing their truth, their identity with proud is what I will say is one of the biggest achievement of this govt, seeing people proudly acknowledging their roots, their culture is the best thing which has happened in India.

I have seen the difference in these years, I have seen how differently you were treated by everyone around you when you used to say you are a Hindu, I have seen our teachers ridiculing our religion, our history, our culture and thats why I don't understand your point, you can't expect someone to reverse the damage done for last 1000 years in just 10 Years, they will do whatever is required to give Bharat it's original identity back and they need time for this and that's what they will get, BJP is the best thing happened to India recently and nothing in this world can change it for me.

I think answer to this was mentioned in some post. And its a No