Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hypnotoad thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 months ago

Originally posted by: anikamathur

How her career is slump she has 2 hit dramas Which is PSM and Yunhi

PSM had pretty low TRPs and was not a hit. Yunhi did well TRP-wise but was not a blockbuster or superhit.

The slump is also a relative comparison. Maya was amongst the top 3 in ptv back in 2016 before she left for films, but I don't think she occupies same spot anymore since she returned to ptv.

anikamathur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Hamza Sohail

Originally posted by: hypnotoad

PSM had pretty low TRPs and was not a hit. Yunhi did well TRP-wise but was not a blockbuster or superhit.

The slump is also a relative comparison. Maya was amongst the top 3 in ptv back in 2016 before she left for films, but I don't think she occupies same spot anymore since she returned to ptv.

Oh never knew PSM Had Low TRP I Thought It was a hit like other dramas which came in 2021 but I feel yunhi was a hit because of story and maya - bilal i hope sun Mere Dil resurrect her top spot BTW Maya was superhit during my childhood days i remember Aunn Zara was her most talked drama at that time

So true.. Even about Zaid that he wants the other person to make a move.. So that's what Mub is doing

smiley37smiley37smiley37

Wahaj doesn't need to recommend Maya. Maya has actually worked with KRQ (Mera Naam Yusuf Hai) and has done 3 projects with Haseeb Hassan (Diyar e Dil, Mann Mayal, Sanam). Maya was an IT girl in PTV who then became a movie star. Her career is a slump now but she was a very big deal and has more relationships and longer ones too in the industry than Wahaj.

But Azekah is around 28. So definitely not that younger than him. 20s matlab can be early, mid or late. So...

Wahaj doesn't need to recommend Maya. Maya has actually worked with KRQ (Mera Naam Yusuf Hai) and has done 3 projects with Haseeb Hassan (Diyar e Dil, Mann Mayal, Sanam). Maya was an IT girl in PTV who then became a movie star. Her career is a slump now but she was a very big deal and has more relationships and longer ones too in the industry than Wahaj.

Of course. My meaning was more in line with 2 friends wanting to work together again and since Wahaj is 7th skys favorite right now and NOT Maya, he might have casually recommended her. Not that she needs it but maybe they just wanted to work together again. I’m not sure if they did any significant collabs together last year but I noticed post TB, they’ve been ambassadors for Sparx, did that really sizzling Mushq photoshoot together and now a drama together as well. And the Mushq photoshoot was told as a story between Rumi and Soniya from JBG 😍

So nothing wrong with two friends working together. For all we know Maya could have recommended him for JBG too. Both of them hold star power but I don’t feel it’s unheard of to suggest people you want to work with 🤷‍♀️ It’s just my personal speculation anyway 😊 No matter how it happened, I’m glad we will see them together on screen again.

hypnotoad thumbnail

Originally posted by: arfanazneen

But Azekah is around 28. So definitely not that younger than him. 20s matlab can be early, mid or late. So...

I meant to say that facts don't add up to her current wikipedia age.

Azekah started in dramas in 2014.

Before coming into acting, she had a job as a flight attendant with PIA.

Yet she is still 28.

In her old Wikipedia entries, her year of birth was 1992 or 1993.

I was just poking fun at our actress's wikipedia ages.

Edited by hypnotoad - 8 months ago
hypnotoad thumbnail

Originally posted by: tgota92

Of course. My meaning was more in line with 2 friends wanting to work together again and since Wahaj is 7th skys favorite right now and NOT Maya, he might have casually recommended her. Not that she needs it but maybe they just wanted to work together again. I’m not sure if they did any significant collabs together last year but I noticed post TB, they’ve been ambassadors for Sparx, did that really sizzling Mushq photoshoot together and now a drama together as well. And the Mushq photoshoot was told as a story between Rumi and Soniya from JBG 😍

So nothing wrong with two friends working together. For all we know Maya could have recommended him for JBG too. Both of them hold star power but I don’t feel it’s unheard of to suggest people you want to work with 🤷‍♀️ It’s just my personal speculation anyway 😊 No matter how it happened, I’m glad we will see them together on screen again.

Thanks for clarifying.

I had recently read that there is some crazy theory on SM that Wahaj got Yumna kicked off SMD and got Maya the job instead. The insinuation is very obvious.

So I was just irked that people are forgetting that Maya is not some B-/C-lister. She has been one of ptv top stars and doesn't need Wahaj to get projects. Even that Sparx ad. Maya was Sparx brand ambassador before Tere Bin even started. She is still brand ambassador even though Sherry has replaced Wahaj.

I meant to say that facts don't add up to her current wikipedia age.

Azekah started in dramas in 2014.

Before coming into acting, she had a job as a flight attendant with PIA.

Yet she is still 28.

In her old Wikipedia entries, her year of birth was 1992 or 1993.

I was just poking fun at our actress's wikipedia ages.

Yes. Even I find her age to be incorrect honestly.

But what I meant was like @tgatog said that Azekah is in her 20s, it's not like she is in her early. It's anyway late 20s even if we consider her wiki age correct. Which is not much of an age difference..

Thanks for clarifying.

I had recently read that there is some crazy theory on SM that Wahaj got Yumna kicked off SMD and got Maya the job instead. The insinuation is very obvious.

So I was just irked that people are forgetting that Maya is not some B-/C-lister. She has been one of ptv top stars and doesn't need Wahaj to get projects. Even that Sparx ad. Maya was Sparx brand ambassador before Tere Bin even started. She is still brand ambassador even though Sherry has replaced Wahaj.

Ohh yes. Even I read this theory that Wahaj had Yumna kicked off SMD. I mean it's so dumb. Why would he? They are already working in TB2. Even if she was the choice for SMD, why would he mind since their pairing is hit.

I honestly just think that few of those fans can't really stomach Wahaj working or having a good rapport with other female stars but Yumna can do all of that. Very embarrassing the way they behave

That crazy sect of the YumHaj fandom is an embarrassment to everyone honestly. I’ve blocked so many of them on SM. I personally feel Yumna has aced the art of managing them but Wahaj is still figuring it out. He just too nice I feel but I hope he figures this out. You can never make such crazy fans happy, they’re delusional

I’m super glad for the popularity of Yumna wahaj but unfortunately so much fame also attracts a lot of crazies too. Just a side effect of the popularity 🤷‍♀️

Edited by tgota92 - 8 months ago