Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vr15h thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 7 months ago

Originally posted by: KJasoosChulbulP

Huh. I don’t follow the question here. Why can’t they be built where they are ? 🤔🤔🤔. For eg Tirupari residents can’t have educational insitutes because they have a temple ? Is that your question ?

No, they do have their local schools/colleges. My question is why is an all-India institute like IIT/IIM needed in such places, when they have the effect of defining a town (such as Kharagpur, Pilani,.... which would be an asterisk* if it were not for IIT, BITS)

Note that when one builds such an institution, it demographically alters the place: you have a huge student population of all faiths in that city/town, making it more cosmopolitan. Which may be fine in normal cities, but has the effect of altering the religious feel to a pilgrim city. That's why it's a better idea to let them remain exclusively religious places, where they'll attract enough traffic. Toss in these institutes & industries, & they'll destroy what made them serene in the first place

Vr15h thumbnail

https://x.com/TimesAlgebraIND/status/1760182674512355352?s=20

Isliye perhaps he added anyaaay to his yatra ? They leaving him daily 🤔🤔🤔.

Sonia ne bhee bol deeya she wont even contest and election now 😂😂😂

Is she still running for Rajasthan RS seat?

95027 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vr15h

No, they do have their local schools/colleges. My question is why is an all-India institute like IIT/IIM needed in such places, when they have the effect of defining a town (such as Kharagpur, Pilani,.... which would be an asterisk* if it were not for IIT, BITS)

Note that when one builds such an institution, it demographically alters the place: you have a huge student population of all faiths in that city/town, making it more cosmopolitan. Which may be fine in normal cities, but has the effect of altering the religious feel to a pilgrim city. That's why it's a better idea to let them remain exclusively religious places, where they'll attract enough traffic. Toss in these institutes & industries, & they'll destroy what made them serene in the first place

I will vehemently differ and disagree on this. I grew up in cosmopolitan Bombay and am proud of it. There is nothing wrong with that at all and I cannot imagine how it ruins the serenity and peace. Why can’t a town be not known just for the famous temple but also give it good or heck best universities ? Didn’t Gods promote education and growth ? Educated yourself can’t lead to better teachers. Hospitals. Etc. For people serving in those religious towns as well.

I don’t get this logic at all … As someone who got into Pilani and visited decided to not study there .. I even disagree more on why that is better than any other location.

Good education is what moves a society forward. And when people learn to peacefully coexist I.e cosmopolitan …

Vr15h thumbnail

I will vehemently differ and disagree on this. I grew up in cosmopolitan Bombay and am proud of it. There is nothing wrong with that at all and I cannot imagine how it ruins the serenity and peace. Why can’t a town be not known just for the famous temple but also give it good or heck best universities ? Didn’t Gods promote education and growth ? Educated yourself can’t lead to better teachers. Hospitals. Etc. For people serving in those religious towns as well.

I don’t get this logic at all … As someone who got into Pilani and visited decided to not study there .. I even disagree more on why that is better than any other location.

Good education is what moves a society forward. And when people learn to peacefully coexist I.e cosmopolitan …

Bombay is not Tirupati and Tirupati is not Bombay, which is my point. I'm talking about a major institute in such a place, not your average local school or college. Make those in those pilgrim cities, & those places will no longer be recognizable the next time one visits them

95027 thumbnail

https://x.com/Politics_2022_/status/1760551688715600058?s=20

Thought Kejri was on record that he will never have alliance with Congress. BJP etc….

566912 thumbnail

Mota bhai in action and Libbus rudali rona will start at the mention of free and fair election smiley36

https://x.com/timesalgebraind/status/1761436404947857788?s=46&t=Q96IWrDq2C9bhu2B8fjITg