Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NathuPaapi thumbnail
Voice of India 2024 Participant 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 7 months ago

Originally posted by: Vr15h

Except that BJP is no longer a pro-Hindu party. List me anything that the BJP has supposedly done for Hindus, and I'll show you how such a policy has been twisted

Eg

Claim: BJP repealed Article 370 & 35A

Fact: After doing that on paper, BJP applied 2 laws - an Agriculture Certificate and a Domicile Law, which a person needs in order to buy property in J&K. To get the Domicile Certificate, one has to live in the state for 15 years (by which time, that same person could easily have purchased property in another state w/o such a requirement, & flourished). By contrast, it takes 11 years of residency in India to get Indian citizenship. No person will wait that long for such approvals, so essentially, J&K will remain a Muslim state where no Hindus can really settle down - the same effect as Article 35A

I agree.... But the other alternatives are even worse. can't afford to let them come in power or they will make it a hell hole for us.

I will vote for BJP not because I think it's best but because the other options are even worse. And voting for a newly emerging party will only divide the Hindu votes and help parties like Congress, SP or TMC.

Vr15h thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: NathuPaapi

I agree.... But the other alternatives are even worse. can't afford to let them come in power or they will make it a hell hole for us.

I will vote for BJP not because I think it's best but because the other options are even worse. And voting for a newly emerging party will only divide the Hindu votes and help parties like Congress, SP or TMC.

I hear you, but what you are describing is a "captive vote", where a person votes for a party b'cos of TINA. The party knows that, and therefore merrily pursues policies hostile to that captive vote, knowing that you have nowhere else to go. This is not unique to India or BJP: here in US, Republican politicians used to take conservative votes for granted, b4 Trump. Difference here though is that there is a strong tradition of primaries within the parties that enable party members to reel it back. I don't see that in either RSS nor BJP

That's why it's often useful for a party to lose, even though the consequences could be disastrous. UK's Tories are one example right now: they're following immigration policies no different from Labour, and average Brits are floundering in the resulting crime that has skyrocketed. That's why people have to break out of their comfort zones and shells, and support newcomers and outsiders. That's what we've seen w/ Trump and now Argentina's Millei. Similarly, if Hindus can't change the BJP, they need to switch to a real Hindu party, no matter how new or how small

95027 thumbnail

Except that BJP is no longer a pro-Hindu party. List me anything that the BJP has supposedly done for Hindus, and I'll show you how such a policy has been twisted

Eg

Claim: BJP repealed Article 370 & 35A

Fact: After doing that on paper, BJP applied 2 laws - an Agriculture Certificate and a Domicile Law, which a person needs in order to buy property in J&K. To get the Domicile Certificate, one has to live in the state for 15 years (by which time, that same person could easily have purchased property in another state w/o such a requirement, & flourished). By contrast, it takes 11 years of residency in India to get Indian citizenship. No person will wait that long for such approvals, so essentially, J&K will remain a Muslim state where no Hindus can really settle down - the same effect as Article 35A

15 years of residency to buy property in J&K ? Hence there has to be a strong opposition at a min that provides checks and balances and ask these questions. What is the logic of 15 years ?

Also agree that one must vote with a conscience. If a corrupt opposition politiciam has joined BJP recently and stands… no need to vote for them… so BJP also learns that politics of any kind doesn’t mean they get votes for any candidate they give a ticket to ….

I am looking at the party u suggested. I don’t know of them and don’t vote but looks better than current alternatives. Cant agree with all their points also but hope they field good clean strong candidates. Especially where they stand vs corrupt incumbents …

95027 thumbnail

see bhai… one can’t vote for him if he joins BJP. … just to support BJP,.. they also need to learn that public isn’t blind …

NathuPaapi thumbnail

I hear you, but what you are describing is a "captive vote", where a person votes for a party b'cos of TINA. The party knows that, and therefore merrily pursues policies hostile to that captive vote, knowing that you have nowhere else to go. This is not unique to India or BJP: here in US, Republican politicians used to take conservative votes for granted, b4 Trump. Difference here though is that there is a strong tradition of primaries within the parties that enable party members to reel it back. I don't see that in either RSS nor BJP

That's why it's often useful for a party to lose, even though the consequences could be disastrous. UK's Tories are one example right now: they're following immigration policies no different from Labour, and average Brits are floundering in the resulting crime that has skyrocketed. That's why people have to break out of their comfort zones and shells, and support newcomers and outsiders. That's what we've seen w/ Trump and now Argentina's Millei. Similarly, if Hindus can't change the BJP, they need to switch to a real Hindu party, no matter how new or how small

I do welcome the idea of a new pro Santan party but I also believe that it has to work it's way up from the grassroot level. At this stage people hardly even know it's name. It needs to make its presence felt and earn the confidence of voters before they can take such a huge risk of allowing Congress or similar parties to come in power in case Hindu votes get divided between BJP and the new party. Right now it's too early to take that risk. First and foremost the party needs to make its presence felt amongst the masses.

Even parties like AAP started small at Delhi level moving on to state level in Punjab. National level is still far even for AAP even after so many years then what chance does an absolutely new party have whose name also people don't know? Can't take this risk at such a crucial time. Any change in the national ruling party will nullify all the positive work BJP has done till now.

NathuPaapi thumbnail

Originally posted by: KJasoosChulbulP

see bhai… one can’t vote for him if he joins BJP. … just to support BJP,.. they also need to learn that public isn’t blind …

Exactly! This is why I'm against him joining BJP. I personally wouldn't vote for him even if he fights with a BJP ticket smiley14

95027 thumbnail

Originally posted by: NathuPaapi

I do welcome the idea of a new pro Santan party but I also believe that it has to work it's way up from the grassroot level. At this stage people hardly even know it's name. It needs to make its presence felt and earn the confidence of voters before they can take such a huge risk of allowing Congress or similar parties to come in power in case Hindu votes get divided between BJP and the new party. Right now it's too early to take that risk. First and foremost the party needs to make its presence felt amongst the masses.

Even parties like AAP started small at Delhi level moving on to state level in Punjab. National level is still far even for AAP even after so many years then what chance does an absolutely new party have whose name also people don't know? Can't take this risk at such a crucial time. Any change in the national ruling party will nullify all the positive work BJP has done till now.

haan. Agreed. They need to build up. I don’t know their strength. Perhaps see if they get momentum and can prove how they might govern at state level if they have good candidates. How they govern etc. AAP as a concept seemed good at beginning but look what they are about .. didn’t work.

But all too powerful one party at center can also mean they might make more mistakes unchecked vs some checks and balances. Ab to main opposition leader is on India tour with Congress todo vs Bharat jodo results 🤣🤣🤣.

NathuPaapi thumbnail

haan. Agreed. They need to build up. I don’t know their strength. Perhaps see if they get momentum and can prove how they might govern at state level if they have good candidates. How they govern etc. AAP as a concept seemed good at beginning but look what they are about .. didn’t work.

But all too powerful one party at center can also mean they might make more mistakes unchecked vs some checks and balances. Ab to main opposition leader is on India tour with Congress todo vs Bharat jodo results 🤣🤣🤣.

Yes... A worthy opposition is indeed very much needed. If at this point I were asked to choose between RSS and Bajrang dal I would go for the latter as RSS is becoming increasingly 'secular'.. While Bajrang dal is fighting for the Hindu causes (like against love jihad etc) at the grassroot levels. I often read that If police is not registering FIR or not taking action then Bajrang dal members help the victim family get justice by putting pressure on police. RSS is not to be seen in such cases.

Similarly if this new party starts acting at the grassroot level for Hindu and Nationalistic causes then ofcourse people will notice and gradually it will become big enough to challenge BJP. But it will take time...

95027 thumbnail

https://x.com/mp_index/status/1758673342880747952?s=20

Wow. I flew to Jabalpur a few years ago and it was a totally run down Airport. This looks like a huge step up. This was to get to Kanha …

I hope they build an airport closer to Kanha tho as it would make it far easier than the drive from Jabalpur there.

https://x.com/mp_index/status/1758825814572040696?s=20

Have been here. It’s spectacular

couple of my pics from that trip :)