Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bips thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 3 days ago

I would buy the emotional trauma theory if i had any faith in ptv writers to think such things let alone manage to convey them onscreen

From my years of watching ptv/itv, heroines keep tolerating emotional and physical abuse by family bec "sanskaars".... Look they are so family oriented and nice and good....

But then they turn complete sherni in front of strangers bec oh! Look they are so braveand fearless and standing up for what is right... Look savage queen!!!!!

But in all my years of watching TV I've never seen any female lead talk to her inlaws in such a rude and crass manner unless they were playing the vamp.... Otherwise their dialogues were always tempered...

One can argue why should the female lead always hold back her tongue when she is insulted... But Here what is being said TO sitara is not as awful as what is being said BY sitara... As a result i, like the family members am left wondering wtfff did salaar see in her??

awida thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 7

Romantic Reveries

Originally posted by: AAKMH2

Revenge mood for nimi or salar? I cant watch the epi till tomorrow. Can u plz tell, is there any cute scene between salar snd sitara?

This episode was full of flashbacks. And unwanted family scenes. Sitara is still showering her badtameezi on Salar and Mehreen. But she taunted Salar for not respecting his parents.

There is only one scene in Salara bedroom which was cute.. but Sitara spoiled it as usual. smiley44

awida thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 7

Romantic Reveries

Originally posted by: bips

I would buy the emotional trauma theory if i had any faith in ptv writers to think such things let alone manage to convey them onscreen

From my years of watching ptv/itv, heroines keep tolerating emotional and physical abuse by family bec "sanskaars".... Look they are so family oriented and nice and good....

But then they turn complete sherni in front of strangers bec oh! Look they are so braveand fearless and standing up for what is right... Look savage queen!!!!!

But in all my years of watching TV I've never seen any female lead talk to her inlaws in such a rude and crass manner unless they were playing the vamp.... Otherwise their dialogues were always tempered...

One can argue why should the female lead always hold back her tongue when she is insulted... But Here what is being said TO sitara is not as awful as what is being said BY sitara... As a result i, like the family members am left wondering wtfff did salaar see in her??

I think Salar's mom succeeds in pulling her leg. She keeps hinting at her low standerds, and mocking her family. She even badmothed Sitara's parents.. and it was too much for Sitara, as she is an orphan.. Sitara only gives it back to Mehreen. Although I like it if she ignores her.

Priyankaakdha thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

even i don't like her batmeezi But somewhere i can feel why sitara is doing all that .. for whatever reason Salaar gave money , but sitara ki izaat kahi nhi rahi iski vajah se ... in laws m bhi izzat nhi hogi. or yh baat usko bhot pehle smjh aa gyi thi sitara ko ... or jo sahi prove bhi ho rhi h ... toh vo khud hi defensive mode m chali gyi h ...

princessjojo thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: awida

I am afraid that they are wrapping up this show. You see a promo of a new soap came out. And I think writer wants to give closer to each character.

Nimi will get Qasim, Kiran will get Salman. Let them keep fighting . And Salar and Sitara are going to be accepted by Sikandar.. and will stay happy .smiley4

I agree with you @ Sunshinem. It is a revenge plan. And I too don't want Nimi to get a handsome husband with magical voice like Qasim . smiley9

But Kiran and Salman will be perfect. A match made in hell smiley15.

honestly I hope it will wrap up in 1 month. 20-30 episodes. If Sitara is meant to behave thus for a prolonged period, I’m afraid that rain sequence where Salar walks away from her will be an actual event in the story

bips thumbnail

Originally posted by: Priyankaakdha

even i don't like her batmeezi But somewhere i can feel why sitara is doing all that .. for whatever reason Salaar gave money , but sitara ki izaat kahi nhi rahi iski vajah se ... in laws m bhi izzat nhi hogi. or yh baat usko bhot pehle smjh aa gyi thi sitara ko ... or jo sahi prove bhi ho rhi h ... toh vo khud hi defensive mode m chali gyi h ...

Apne ghar mein toh sitara ki izzat waise hi kabhi nahin thi... Jiski izzat karte hain uske liye kitchen mein taala nahin laga dete ki usko khaane ko kuch na mile.. Aur jo taane maarte theyy usse even before salaar was on the scene

And sasural mein izzat khud apni wajah se kharaab ho rahi hai.. Had she and salaar presented a united front, they would have realised that this is serious relationship ..

... Right now his father has figured out that sitara dislikes/hates salaar and that's why she keeps insulting him only in front of others... And does she really expect that any sasural rich or poor will respect her if she keeps using kutta type of words???

Hatimoon thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

The weird thing about this drama is that even the most bechari character has toxic qualities.

bips thumbnail

Originally posted by: princessjojo

honestly I hope it will wrap up in 1 month. 20-30 episodes. If Sitara is meant to behave thus for a prolonged period, I’m afraid that rain sequence where Salar walks away from her will be an actual event in the story

Maybe it was foreshadowing...

I think at some point sitara will cross the line... Maybe nani will get hurt or something.. And that's when salaar will give up

princessjojo thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Apne ghar mein toh sitara ki izzat waise hi kabhi nahin thi... Jiski izzat karte hain uske liye kitchen mein taala nahin laga dete ki usko khaane ko kuch na mile.. Aur jo taane maarte theyy usse even before salaar was on the scene

And sasural mein izzat khud apni wajah se kharaab ho rahi hai.. Had she and salaar presented a united front, they would have realised that this is serious relationship ..

... Right now his father has figured out that sitara dislikes/hates salaar and that's why she keeps insulting him only in front of others... And does she really expect that any sasural rich or poor will respect her if she keeps using kutta type of words???

so true about the united front

If Sitara had proven their assumptions about her class wrong by showing some basic decency, I think Tahir would’ve accepted her like he accepted junaid who is also from a different class

especially if in her presence Salar started being respectful towards his parents

Priyankaakdha thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

i agree ... this was really cheap .. I dont know why writers show their main female characters so ill mannered ... vo in sab chizo ko gracefully bhi handle kr skti thi ...