Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 9 months ago

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

No he was most likely referring to his marriage

I honestly donā€™t understand how Badar prioritized the storytelling in the first 2/3rd of this drama. Just look at this scene and time period. With Ayra out of the picture here, Badar could have weaved in the backstory of MJ and Zaid right here. Some flashbacks, some monologues, anything. Any conversation even if vague could have added that element of intrigue and mystery.

instead you have a Zaid who even on his honeymoon with MJ is not thinking about HER but about AYRA. That scene of his in the club. When heā€™s ignoring MJs calls and thinking about his girlfriend. Iā€™m sorry, but this is not how you portray a backstory at all. Thereā€™s literally no build up and in the last few episodes throwing us a bone that oh, he had a thing for MJ in the past šŸ˜‚ Is Badar really that incompetent

it makes me so mad lol - itā€™s almost like they didnā€™t want to work on building the story or the turning points for zaid and MJ so here you go, he already had feelings in the past ! Now we donā€™t have to show anything - just take it as face value šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø itā€™s so so lazy omg

Edited by tgota92 - 9 months ago

This is coming back to the post you made about this drama being about Mein vs love. This is a nice take and I agree with a lot there except I think your analysis has a lot more depth than the show lol. Even if your points are facts, the translation on screen for me has suffered a lot. Whatā€™s the point of a good story if it canā€™t be executed properly ? So that it gets its points across? Mein IS a confusing watch when it really doesnā€™t have to be. The theme you mentioned can actually be conveyed quite clearly and beautifully but instead itā€™s interwoven in sequences of shocks and twists which takes all the focus away and youā€™re just left with the whats and whys lol.

As for MJā€™s love vs Mein, Iā€™m with Zaid here. I donā€™t trust her yet. I think her feelings are still self centered and born out of her ā€œneedā€ for him and the idea she has of him. Not pure and selfless. Her feelings for him right now are tainted by her dependency on Zaid for keeping this marriage intact and her late actions against Ayra. You canā€™t actively break up the happiness of the person you love - thatā€™s just love 101. Soā€¦ while I can agree on feelings and fondness I donā€™t think MJ is ā€œin loveā€ yet. Itā€™s easy for her to sacrifice her Mein because thatā€™s whatā€™s keeping her in this relationship. So itā€™ll always come back to that until for whatever reason she decides to leave Zaid. And the reasons are unrelated to her. Thatā€™s when Iā€™ll believe it. That sheā€™s putting him above herself.

Iā€™m hopeful it will happen. So Iā€™ll be patient :)

chicksoup thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: tgota92

I honestly donā€™t understand how Badar prioritized the storytelling in the first 2/3rd of this drama. Just look at this scene and time period. With Ayra out of the picture here, Badar could have weaved in the backstory of MJ and Zaid right here. Some flashbacks, some monologues, anything. Any conversation even if vague could have added that element of intrigue and mystery.

instead you have a Zaid who even on his honeymoon with MJ is not thinking about HER but about AYRA. That scene of his in the club. When heā€™s ignoring MJs calls and thinking about his girlfriend. Iā€™m sorry, but this is not how you portray a backstory at all. Thereā€™s literally no build up and in the last few episodes throwing us a bone that oh, he had a thing for MJ in the past šŸ˜‚ Is Badar really that incompetent

it makes me so mad lol - itā€™s almost like they didnā€™t want to work on building the story or the turning points for zaid and MJ so here you go, he already had feelings in the past ! Now we donā€™t have to show anything - just take it as face value šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø itā€™s so so lazy omg

Actually, why was this revelation not given more importance even now is a question.

Anyway, nothing would have changed in the story whether he loved her or hated her or was neutral about her.

Fact is, he had reasons to hate her for trapping him in this marriage and he didn't let his feelings affect how he behaved with her. He simply wanted to be what he was ...or continue with what she was to him...just another person...

If they had brought in the backstory early on, it'd have looked like he's being mean to her also because he was rejected once. It'd have been a little tricky...and even his dedication to Ayra would be questioned.

Edited by chicksoup - 9 months ago
WhimsicalMind thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Wahaj Ali

This is coming back to the post you made about this drama being about Mein vs love. This is a nice take and I agree with a lot there except I think your analysis has a lot more depth than the show lol. Even if your points are facts, the translation on screen for me has suffered a lot. Whatā€™s the point of a good story if it canā€™t be executed properly ? So that it gets its points across? Mein IS a confusing watch when it really doesnā€™t have to be. The theme you mentioned can actually be conveyed quite clearly and beautifully but instead itā€™s interwoven in sequences of shocks and twists which takes all the focus away and youā€™re just left with the whats and whys lol.

As for MJā€™s love vs Mein, Iā€™m with Zaid here. I donā€™t trust her yet. I think her feelings are still self centered and born out of her ā€œneedā€ for him and the idea she has of him. Not pure and selfless. Her feelings for him right now are tainted by her dependency on Zaid for keeping this marriage intact and her late actions against Ayra. You canā€™t actively break up the happiness of the person you love - thatā€™s just love 101. Soā€¦ while I can agree on feelings and fondness I donā€™t think MJ is ā€œin loveā€ yet. Itā€™s easy for her to sacrifice her Mein because thatā€™s whatā€™s keeping her in this relationship. So itā€™ll always come back to that until for whatever reason she decides to leave Zaid. And the reasons are unrelated to her. Thatā€™s when Iā€™ll believe it. That sheā€™s putting him above herself.

Has she sacrificed her "Mein"? Isn't holding on to this marriage, actively trying to create gap between Ayra and Zaid a big part of her "Mein"? She wants to show the world that she can have a happy marriage, for that she has hurt Zaid, Ayra, RJ, Kashmala? How many are stuck because of her "Mein"?

Being nice to Zaid isn't sacrificing her "Mein", why wouldn't she be nice to him? He is holding that dagger of divorce which will break her "Mein" in front of her ex husband and the society. Is she nice to anyone else? What has changed in her?

Originally posted by: SwatiSingh79

Has she sacrificed her "Mein"? Isn't holding on to this marriage, actively trying to create gap between Ayra and Zaid a big part of her "Mein"? She wants to show the world that she can have a happy marriage, for that she has hurt Zaid, Ayra, RJ, Kashmala? How many are stuck because of her "Mein"?

Being nice to Zaid isn't sacrificing her "Mein", why wouldn't she be nice to him? He is holding that dagger of divorce which will break her "Mein" in front of her ex husband and the society. Is she nice to anyone else? What has changed in her?

True.She is doing everything for her "Mein".I think she has genuinely started liking him but is yet to break her "Mein".None of the characters have broken their "Mein" till now.
chicksoup thumbnail

Execution has suffered, definitely. It's partly due to Wahaj being signed on too frequently. They could have done this better if they had given it more time, is a fact. šŸ‘

MJ- yes, we should trust her only when Zaid does..fair enough.

chicksoup thumbnail

Yes,she hurt Kashmala. And Kashmala took back her vow that she won't return unless MJ apologised to her...MJ apologised in her way probably giving her word and that was good enough for Kash.

Zaid and Ayra: MJ is shrewd and she doesn't really believe in love until recently. Her love is in an infantile stage where she wants Zaid's attention. Her shrewdness tells her Ayra is too khudgarz to keep Zaid's needs first, whereas she is willing to. Actually I will take that back because if Zaid tells her he can't do without Ayra, that's the point she will let him have his freedom. She will focus on his happiness even though she has also promised him she'd never leave him. If you look back, Zaid also doesn't think of the promise she extracted from him, his fbs are about how she said she'd never leave him... that's a major factor for Zaid, though he still doesn't trust her.

She can sense those feelings in him and that's why she's shamelessly throwing herself at him...she can sense the reciprocation though he hides it...and that should mean she has equal haq on him...that's in case she hasn't caught on to.the fact Zaid's love for Ayra is based on something else, not just his feelings. Unlikely she has processed that.

Her mein regarding her stature has been sacrificed, but yes as you correctly say there's her mein of wanting Zaid to herself - anyway, there's the rest of her journey to.show us that.

Originally posted by: SwatiSingh79

Yep. The argument that she has ā€œchangedā€ around Zaid falls flat when you realize she kind of HAS to be on her best behavior around him lol. She has no choice because he holds all the power in that relationship.

The moment MJ starts being civil to her house help, and actually gracious to that lawyer uncle she loves to drag so much, then Iā€™ll be like ok NOW I believe you girl šŸ‘šŸ˜‚ So her growth also has to reflect on her persona outside of just Zaid. Because the situation with Zaid is too intermixed with her own ā€œMeinā€ at the moment - the lines are blurred there

Originally posted by: G259

True.She is doing everything for her "Mein".I think she has genuinely started liking him but is yet to break her "Mein".None of the characters have broken their "Mein" till now.

ā€œgenuinely started liking himā€ as you said.

See, this is another thing I have issue with - can anyone pinpoint exactly WHEN this 180 degree turning point came for MJ? When she suddenly *caught feelings?*

Badar didnā€™t even give us a proper turning point for MJ. Before the second marriage she was scrambling and desperate to hold on to Zaid because of the divorce stigma. Then afterwards she was plotting to break Ayra and Zaid up. When exactly did her feelings for Zaid change? We didnā€™t even get to see it and instead we have that public revelation of her at Ayraā€™s reception that oh I love my husband! Iā€™m sorry, WHAT? It wasnā€™t even sincere at the point because itā€™s obvious she still wants to win and love has nothing to do with it.

But then Badar also shows her giddiness whenever Zaid spends time with her. Which again is easy to interpret as her loving her little wins. Now I feel she does enjoy her time with him and whenever he validates her as his biwi, but I feel there should have been a clear turning point. Part of me also feels that Zaidā€™s love for Ayra is why MJ is having feelings for him - because she loves that loyalty aspect (which ironically sheā€™s also trying to break - with him and Ayra).

Regardless, I think once again itā€™s a case of us being robbed of particular turning points and instead we are just supposed to believe that MJ is suddenly growing soft towards a guy who was just horrible to her and wanted to get rid of her šŸ˜’šŸ˜’ Badar should have given us more to explain MJā€™s thought process regarding Zaid and how itā€™s evolved. What he showed are just tiny crumbs instead of real game changing moments.

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

The announcement at the reception was fake. She started falling for him when Zaid began sympathising towards her and was apologising every minute.

Edited by 2RsFan - 9 months ago