"Mein" (ARY Digital) - Ayeza Khan, Wahaj Ali #4 [DT Note Pg 132] - Page 15

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

arshi1983 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 months ago

Originally posted by: arfanazneen

You are right to have your pov but not everyone thinks like you na? I mean everyone has different way of interpretation. You chose to just see what writer tells directly. But many of us like to just analyse the scenes and sometimes we just get a feeling regarding characters even if they don't verbalise.

Like @chicksoup said, obviously MJ can see what affects Zaid when Ayra does certain things. Writer doesn't need to have a dialogue for that. She can see hence she does what Zaid wants. It's just implied.

Nobody is right or wrong here. But bcz you don't agree with other pov does not mean that they are writing their own story or narrative. 😁

I mean many people had a feeling from the anniversary scene that Zaid must have some history with her which actually turned out to be true. So didn't catch that tiny hint. So again it's just diff way of thinking and perspective.

Agreed.

Once a drama/move is released to the world, the director/writer is no longer the author but its us the audience who is. He/she maybe the captain of the ship while making it but its the consumer who is the ultimate receiver of all the information. And we all interpret it in the way he feel it is right and all our conditioning, internal and external biases feed into our review. And no wonder we all have different reactions to the same drama. There are people like me who like to meet the characters midway and interpret their actions. W packs so many nuances into his acting so his expressions tell a story of its own, making it feel he's sharing something more--Strictly my opinion.

Edited by arshi1983 - 9 months ago
WhimsicalMind thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Wahaj Ali

Originally posted by: chicksoup

Then why did you take Ayra's story to heart?

I didn't. I was talking about scenes, that's what I keep telling you that I am talking about scenes from episode and Ayra is 70% of the drama. Ayra has family, you know her relationship with her family, Ayra has relationship with Zaid, she has relationship with Asif, she has relationship with Mubashira

She was even involved with Reyyan, she has a separate career track where she has a relationship with her boss who thinks of her as his daughter

Ayra is the only character with proper character arc and screen space

You remove Ayra and you won't have 5 episodes left

Originally posted by: SwatiSingh79

The only thing is that they went too far with Mubashira's crimes, I am just not comfortable with people who commit crimes, a proper jail term is required for me to align with these characters.

hahahaha tell me about it. Zanjabeel loaded MJs character with too much : general horribleness, borderline crime, mental health, fear of divorce.

Too much man πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Pick ONE πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

chicksoup thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

You are right. But ab Zaid ne yaad dilaya hai toh yaad toh agaya hoga. Upar se Zaid also said darlagta hai bcz of previous rejection. So she must have understood ke why he is holding back apart from Ayra. You know what I mean? So they should definitely have a confrontation regarding that. Then they can move forward. But I know can't expect this from this show smiley5

She's asking na. Mohabbat pe haq. Let's see what all they will clarify about their relationship now.

He started telling her where she stands wrt his Ayra problems- she agreed.

Then she confronted why he can't confess his feelings ..then we got revelation which was also reminder to MJ. She could have brought this up during the fighting days, but looks like it didn't occur to her. When he said that now, it was painful for her...she knows she should have known better then.

I didn't. I was talking about scenes, that's what I keep telling you that I am talking about scenes from episode and Ayra is 70% of the drama. Ayra has family, you know her relationship with her family, Ayra has relationship with Zaid, she has relationship with Asif, she has relationship with Mubashira

She was even involved with Reyyan, she has a separate career track where she has a relationship with her boss who thinks of her as his daughter

Ayra is the strongest and most well written character on paper. For sure. You may love her or hate her BUT - She’s crystal clear

(barring the last 2 comedy episodes πŸ˜‚ - where suddenly she’s the dumbest fool around)

Edited by tgota92 - 9 months ago

Originally posted by: arshi1983

Agreed.

Once a drama/move is released to the world, the director/writer is no longer the author but its us the audience who is. He/she maybe the captain of the ship while making it but its the consumer who is the ultimate receiver of all the information. And we all interpret it in the way he feel it is right and all our conditioning, internal and external biases feed into our review. And no wonder we all have different reactions to the same drama. There are people like me who like to meet the characters midway and interpret their actions. W packs so many nuances into his acting so his expressions tell a story of its own, making it feel he's sharing something more--Strictly my opinion.

Totally agree with you. I pay a lot of attention to expressions and Wahaj had these micro expressions and change of body language just in a blink. I feel it's his nuanced approach which is really commendable. I think he does that deliberately and like you said has it's own story.

If you ask me, when that anniversary episode aired, even I thought that Zaid has something for Mub. He himself goes to her when she gets upset bcz of divorce and takes her inside, gets angry when media tried to take her video, he shoves it away. But later downplays it jabke he himself went to her rescue. But he expressed his dislike for her Infront of Asif. So I thought may be I am reading too much and I left that at it. Then on Valima night, she says we were good friends at one point. I was like y would he unnecessarily hate her if it were the case? I thought may be it's just the way MJ is where she assumed he was friends with her bcz he was cordial. I thought it's just sloppy writing.

But it turns out that it all really meant something actually. So it really depends on how to interpret or understand the actions, behaviour and reactions..

chicksoup thumbnail

Ok. Too much of Ayra overdose so the rest of the story was missed it looks like. πŸ€­πŸ˜‚

There were enough pointers to her narc tendencies. May be you don't know one, so you couldn't pick up on it. πŸ‘

chicksoup thumbnail

Originally posted by: tgota92

I think it’s because the drama showed her and Zaid’s story and not zaid and MJ’s. Romance has been very zaid Ayra centric and she got too much attention and focus despite being a supporting character to highlight Zaid’s Mein. It was too much and it naturally leads to bias

It’s all execution flaws because this drama is anything BUT zaid and MJ’s β€œlove story” - it’s not πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

That's the point. How can it be Zaid MJ centric if he hates her...so you get all those yelling scenes and then they progress from there.

Also if at all Zaid-Mub are endgame and Zaid picks Mub giving up his Mein, what will make him leave Ayra & pick Mub? Bcz till now, only Ayra is victimised. I don't think they'll reveal that she tried to tarnish Asif's image with 2nd mrg scandal.. anyway that's not enough for him to leave her. Differences yes. But leave? No.

Then that demanding 5 crore from Asif to leave Zaid also looks like one of her stupid plans against Asif. So what will lead them to separate...

chicksoup thumbnail

Also if at all Zaid-Mub are endgame and Zaid picks Mub giving up his Mein, what will make him leave Ayra & pick Mub? Bcz till now, only Ayra is victimised. I don't think they'll reveal that she tried to tarnish Asif's image with 2nd mrg scandal.. anyway that's not enough for him to leave her. Differences yes. But leave? No.

Then that demanding 5 crore from Asif to leave Zaid also looks like one of her stupid plans against Asif. So what will lead them to separate...

πŸ˜‚

I told you. She will kidnap Asif's biggest asset and ask for ransom. 🀣

I'm not kidding...she's going to use Zaid against Asif...Zaid is just a means to get back at Asif in two episodes.