Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 9 months ago

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

The announcement at the reception was fake. She started falling for him when Zaid began sympathising towards her and was apologising every minute.

That, again, feeds directly into her ego and works for her. It should have been something more meaningful than that - a proper moment/turning point.

Instead maybe the writer wants us to just *assume* that since he is her husband, feelings are just … there? But this is the same husband who was so toxic not long ago! 🤦🏻‍♀️ Idk if the writer will ever do their story justice but it just seems like one missed opportunity after another to me

Edited by tgota92 - 9 months ago

Originally posted by: tgota92

“genuinely started liking him” as you said.

See, this is another thing I have issue with - can anyone pinpoint exactly WHEN this 180 degree turning point came for MJ? When she suddenly *caught feelings?*

Badar didn’t even give us a proper turning point for MJ. Before the second marriage she was scrambling and desperate to hold on to Zaid because of the divorce stigma. Then afterwards she was plotting to break Ayra and Zaid up. When exactly did her feelings for Zaid change? We didn’t even get to see it and instead we have that public revelation of her at Ayra’s reception that oh I love my husband! I’m sorry, WHAT? It wasn’t even sincere at the point because it’s obvious she still wants to win and love has nothing to do with it.

But then Badar also shows her giddiness whenever Zaid spends time with her. Which again is easy to interpret as her loving her little wins. Now I feel she does enjoy her time with him and whenever he validates her as his biwi, but I feel there should have been a clear turning point. Part of me also feels that Zaid’s love for Ayra is why MJ is having feelings for him - because she loves that loyalty aspect (which ironically she’s also trying to break - with him and Ayra).

Regardless, I think once again it’s a case of us being robbed of particular turning points and instead we are just supposed to believe that MJ is suddenly growing soft towards a guy who was just horrible to her and wanted to get rid of her 😒😒 Badar should have given us more to explain MJ’s thought process regarding Zaid and how it’s evolved. What he showed are just tiny crumbs instead of real game changing moments.

The declaration was fake.She started liking him later.I think she was genuine in most of the one-one interactions later.One such interaction I can point out is the Zaid sleeping in in her room scene.
Edited by G259 - 9 months ago
arshi1983 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: chicksoup

Actually, why was this revelation not given more importance even now is a question.

Anyway, nothing would have changed in the story whether he loved her or hated her or was neutral about her.

Fact is, he had reasons to hate her for trapping him in this marriage and he didn't let his feelings affect how he behaved with her. He simply wanted to be what he was ...or continue with what she was to him...just another person...

If they had brought in the backstory early on, it'd have looked like he's being mean to her also because he was rejected once. It'd have been a little tricky...and even his dedication to Ayra would be questioned.

I agree.

My 2 cents,

I personally liked the the subtle revelation of Z’s feelings for Mub in the last episode.Some of us had a feeling about it, but for many, it was a total surprise. Now a lot of people are trying to connect the dots and justify y he was so cold with her— it’s just 1 way of storytelling.Backstories/monologues are spilled only after the reveal.I really wish they had prioritized on this but I think they r holding back on this for a reason- Both Z n Mub haven’t fully opened up to each other till now, they are playing it close to the chest.Their past experiences have left them feeling broken inside(thanks to Toxic parenting!) n they’ve built protective shields.The broken parts need to be exposed first ; Z needs to know about Mub’s insecurities,her mommy issues for him to even start reflecting on his past love.Currently,he doesn’t mind her company but he doesn’t want to revisit his past emotions because he knows it would only bring complications,his incessant calls to Ayra only shows how hard he is trying to make a conscious effort to steer his mind away from Mub.I think some significant event in the coming episodes,will become a catalyst for him to delve into these unspoken emotions.

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

I don’t have a problem with MJ and Zaid falling in love now because both are seeing a different side of each other which was missing when they got married. Yes MJ is faking a lot of things but her love for him right now is not fake.

Edited by 2RsFan - 9 months ago

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

I don’t have a problem with MJ and Zaid falling in love now because both are seeing a different side of each other which was missing when they got married. Yes MJ is faking a lot of things but her love for him right now is not fake.

Wouldn't say love but she has started liking him and enjoys his presence around her.She was also seen defending him Infront of Asif a few times."Woh bhi humare Saath suffer kar raha Hai",Telling him that she won't like it if anyone asks him(about reception)etc.
2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

That, again, feeds directly into her ego and works for her. It should have been something more meaningful than that - a proper moment/turning point.

Instead maybe the writer wants us to just *assume* that since he is her husband, feelings are just … there? But this is the same husband who was so toxic not long ago! 🤦🏻‍♀️ Idk if the writer will ever do their story justice but it just seems like one missed opportunity after another to me

Yes it’s an ego boost for sure but for the first time a man is genuinely appreciating her as a person not for her looks, wealth or status. Also this was not part of her plotting, Zaid went to her on his own. She was bound to get attracted.

arshi1983 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: G259

The declaration was fake.She started liking him later.I think she was genuine in most of the one-one interactions later.One such interaction I can point out is the Zaid sleeping in in her room scene.

You can't really put a finger on when she started falling for him—it's like this mystery even for her. Loyalty's a big deal for her, and Z's no-nonsense attitude somehow clicked, thawing out some feelings that turned into love(maybe).She enjoys hanging out with him, sticks by him no matter what, but whether she's head over heels for her husband? Even she's not sure about that I think!

Every character has gotten their moment. Every characters perspective has been explored. MJ, Ayra, Asif, recently Rayaan, even Ayra’s family members lol. Except ZAID.

Maybe the writer will do the backstory /his perspective justice but at this point I don’t have a lot of faith in Badar. Because I don’t get the delay in revealing this. It’s doing the story and the characters a lot of disservice. Then also mentioning it and not coming back to it in the very next episode ? Wow. If we weren’t at 2 episodes/week right now, people would have forgotten Zaid had even said anything in 2 weeks time!

At this rate maybe we will get one scene to explain the backstory and that’s it. Wrap up 🤦🏻‍♀️

WhimsicalMind thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Wahaj Ali

Originally posted by: chicksoup

Yes,she hurt Kashmala. And Kashmala took back her vow that she won't return unless MJ apologised to her...MJ apologised in her way probably giving her word and that was good enough for Kash.

Zaid and Ayra: MJ is shrewd and she doesn't really believe in love until recently. Her love is in an infantile stage where she wants Zaid's attention. Her shrewdness tells her Ayra is too khudgarz to keep Zaid's needs first, whereas she is willing to. Actually I will take that back because if Zaid tells her he can't do without Ayra, that's the point she will let him have his freedom. She will focus on his happiness even though she has also promised him she'd never leave him. If you look back, Zaid also doesn't think of the promise she extracted from him, his fbs are about how she said she'd never leave him... that's a major factor for Zaid, though he still doesn't trust her.

She can sense those feelings in him and that's why she's shamelessly throwing herself at him...she can sense the reciprocation though he hides it...and that should mean she has equal haq on him...that's in case she hasn't caught on to.the fact Zaid's love for Ayra is based on something else, not just his feelings. Unlikely she has processed that.

Her mein regarding her stature has been sacrificed, but yes as you correctly say there's her mein of wanting Zaid to herself - anyway, there's the rest of her journey to.show us that.

From where did you get all this? I keep telling you bro that I am talking about drama and characters and you keep writing your own story. Give me reference of the scene where MJ said that Ayra is too selfish to keep Zaid above herself. Please when you reply to me, do tell me about episode and scenes

chicksoup thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Yep. The argument that she has “changed” around Zaid falls flat when you realize she kind of HAS to be on her best behavior around him lol. She has no choice because he holds all the power in that relationship.

The moment MJ starts being civil to her house help, and actually gracious to that lawyer uncle she loves to drag so much, then I’ll be like ok NOW I believe you girl 👏😂 So her growth also has to reflect on her persona outside of just Zaid. Because the situation with Zaid is too intermixed with her own “Mein” at the moment - the lines are blurred there

They have hardly any scenes between the leads here, so house help and lawyer uncle will have to wait in the queue and we will have to take Zaid's judgement of how much of her mein he can accept.😄

Did anyone notice in that deal scene as Zaid was opening the door to the conference room, MJ confidently overtook him and went in and he was shocked for a split second...that was not a slip up from MJ. He should have opened the door for her- so whether it occured to him or not, she directed that part of it. 🤭

Zaid was just so shocked to see her confidence and he quickly hid it by smiling at someone in the room....at first I thought he smiled at her, but no. She strode in and he was smiling at someone else in a different direction. Did anyone else notice this?

These moments are there to tell the audience she's not hiding her real self from him and if he accepts her, it will be with many of those characteristics we think she needs to change. Zaid has to decide how much he can take and how much change he will demand.

Again, scenes like this tell you she's not sacrificing all her mein for him...just what she chooses to, for him... anything for him...❤️😉

Edited by chicksoup - 9 months ago