Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chicksoup thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 months ago

Originally posted by: tgota92

Yep, Wahaj Ali did a one on one interview with the showbiz prime guy while shooting Mein and while TB and MPHT were still on air and he mentioned in that interview that multiple ends for Mein have been filmed.

He was asked if shows like TB and MPHT did multiple possible endings and he was like “Aren’t these guys doing the same here with Mein? They’re making me shoot multiple endings so who knows what will air.” Actors don’t even know sometimes which version will be picked

Some writers do this. But not the GOOD ones :) Of course it’s not the right way to go about things but it happens. I think main storyline is consistent but then you have some backup endings shot in case things go south with the audience

With the lack of logic and inconsistencies in Mein, anything is possible lol. Audience is definitely divided here

OK. Now I'm even wondering if there will be a happily ever after for anyone in this story.

They can actually kill off Ayra or MJ if they can butcher the story. 🤭

My only solace is, I enjoyed MPHT...and they gave a happy ending there. So I'm just going by the story, hoping they don't screw it up...

WhimsicalMind thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Wahaj Ali

Agreed. You have to be confident in your story.

Regardless of what the ending is, Ayra and Asif should have been on posters and ost too. They’ve been carrying this show more than Zaid lol. This show is actually the Asif MJ Ayra saga 😂

But you know why they didn’t? It wouldn’t have sold lol. Especially if the audience knew a polygamy plot was happening half the people wouldn’t even bother starting the show. Hence the Wahaj Ayeza lollipop was needed lol. I also think Wahaj would never have signed this if he had gotten scripts that far in advance which mentioned the polygamy plot twist. This is a very unpopular narrative for the audience.
We kept waiting for the Ayra plot to phase out but it never did and became center focus and continues to be center focus lol

Wahaj does Badar's shows because he gets to play a director which is unprofessional in my opinion, have seen him directing many scenes of Mein, especially when he is with Ayra. The post wedding smile, Zaid gives to Ayra was his idea, I don't think it was a part of the story or narrative because Zaid was upset and guilty over Mubashira having to agree for 2nd marriage and suddenly, you see him smiling with Ayra. It just doesn't make any sense

Originally posted by: sidnilove

I thought I had replied to this but can't find my comment. Anyways, I completely agree with this.

Zaid has only one redeeming quality that has been consistent and it is his loyalty. He will remain loyal till Ayra does something unforgivable or she dies or she leaves.

It would particularly be icky to show the consummation now because this is not a typical 2 wife scenario. After repeatedly saying that marriage with MJ is just an agreement blah blah he can't do a sudden U turn.

Consummation now -> Regret -> Pregnancy -> Realization/Getting together would be the worst way for the show to progress.

Exactly my thoughts. It might be okay for the characters but for the audience it’s not an easy pill to swallow. Polygamy plots are not popular anyway but if you do it , you keep the hero with one woman at a time. That’s how it’s usually done. But idk with Badar and zanjabeel lol. Also MJ is totes in the mood haha

Personally, just visually it would be icky. One wife suffering at his house being tortured and him in Turkey getting it on with second wife. So if they wanna dial up his guilt even more upon getting back , sure go ahead lol. But otherwise I don’t know if it’s a “good look” - and like you said it might damage Zaid’s whole loyalty/commitment aspect for a lot of people.

it’s not about if it makes sense for the characters or not - she’s his rightfully wedded wife and has every right. It’s more about how would the audience feel about it lol. Especially now with what’s about to happen at Asif house

WhimsicalMind thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Wahaj Ali

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

If they are really gauging audience reaction then we shouldnt be getting so many Ayra centric episodes.

Wouldn't work. Show's TRP and views increased after 2nd marriage, Zaid and Mubashira don't have scenes together, people aren't tuning in every week because of OST or poster. Only fans of actors believe that chemistry is working but that's never the case, especially here when Zaid and Mubashira are barely a couple. You can take a poll here only, how many shippers are actually watching episodes?

Audience is giving them numbers for Asif and Ayra's drama. Saas vs Bahu works everywhere, we have Sasur vs Bahu here

1000007219.jpg

Edited by SwatiSingh79 - 9 months ago

Agreed. You have to be confident in your story.

Regardless of what the ending is, Ayra and Asif should have been on posters and ost too. They’ve been carrying this show more than Zaid lol. This show is actually the Asif MJ Ayra saga 😂

But you know why they didn’t? It wouldn’t have sold lol. Especially if the audience knew a polygamy plot was happening half the people wouldn’t even bother starting the show. Hence the Wahaj Ayeza lollipop was needed lol. I also think Wahaj would never have signed this if he had gotten scripts that far in advance which mentioned the polygamy plot twist. This is a very unpopular narrative for the audience.
We kept waiting for the Ayra plot to phase out but it never did and became center focus and continues to be center focus lol

I think one of the major reasons many people are upset is the marketing.I didn't watch MPHT but I listened to the OST on YT and even in that video, there is Areeb and we can understand that it is a love triangle.The montage has all 3 of them in it.So,atleast the audience knew what they were signing up for.But here we don't even get to see Ayra in any of the initial promotions and not even a hint is there for us to understand ke she has a prominent role.Only the teasers kind of had relevance to the story.

Originally posted by: SwatiSingh79

Wouldn't work. Show's TRP and views increased after 2nd marriage, Zaid and Mubashira don't have scenes together, people aren't tuning in every week because of OST or poster. Only fans of actors believe that chemistry is working but that's never the case, especially here when Zaid and Mubashira are barely a couple

A lot of that is so true. Ayra’s family torture fest thanks to Asif did increase TRPs and so did the second marriage. People were actively rooting for the second marriage to happen because they made Ayra such a victim and MJ was off the rails back then. So it worked - which was an amazing feat because the polygamy plot lines don’t usually fly with the audience. But the writer created so much bechaargi and Zaid leaving everything for Ayra that people were like just get them together already.

Also that marriage led to a lot of interesting shifts immediately after it happened lol. So the entertainment factor in Mein is definitely what’s keeping people coming back to this again and again and also not knowing what will happen. I mean look at the big bad here - Asif. What an enigmatic actor and character ! You just enjoy him so much ? I would rather watch him than the extremely slow burn happening in Turkey lol

Originally posted by: SwatiSingh79

Wouldn't work. Show's TRP and views increased after 2nd marriage, Zaid and Mubashira don't have scenes together, people aren't tuning in every week because of OST or poster. Only fans of actors believe that chemistry is working but that's never the case, especially here when Zaid and Mubashira are barely a couple. You can take a poll here only, how many shippers are actually watching episodes?

Audience is giving them numbers for Asif and Ayra's drama. Saas vs Bahu works everywhere, we have Sasur vs Bahu here

1000007219.jpg

TRP audience don't really bother until there is drama and they get entertained.This is atleast what happens in Indian shows.IDK about pak dramas but going by the show's consistent numbers,I think they are fine with it.It is the online audience that too,a section of them.There are people who are rooting for Ayra/Zaid-Ayra.
Edited by G259 - 9 months ago

Speaking of ratings,ARY hasn't posted Monday's rating yet.Should have been up by now.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2NKKnbIqnx/?igsh=MXc3aHVmaHN1OGRxeA==

Is it a genuine question or are they trolling the show?smiley36

Edited by G259 - 9 months ago
hypnotoad thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: G259

Speaking of ratings,ARY hasn't posted Monday's rating yet.Should have been up by now.

I am guessing mannat murad may have edged out this week over mein because it was the last 2 episodes. Isi liye iss week Mein trp posters shayad na aye.

Edited by hypnotoad - 9 months ago