Views

Users

Frequent Posters

WhimsicalMind thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Wahaj Ali

Posted: 9 months ago

Originally posted by: G259

I think I saw a post in the first thread of this show stating that two endings have been shot and they will air it gauging audience reaction.

They did it for MPHT too, Wahaj said that they have shot multiple endings

chicksoup thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: SwatiSingh79

There are multiple storylines, Rayyan misbehaving with Ayra will be forgotten like so many other things which happened, is there a lead up to it?

There are different narratives for Zaid too which collide with each other

Zaid kept confessing his love for Ayra, in fact, it was Zaid who said "I love You" and Ayra didn't reply with "I love you too" in the first episode, Zaid is consistent with his love for Ayra when focus is their relationship, when he fights with Asif for Ayra or fights with Mubashira for Ayra

Do you not see two different Zaid in Monday episode where he says "Don't interfere between me and Ayra" and Zaid who is having romantic moments with Mubashira then Zaid calling Ayra telling her that it is only a business trip

Monday Zaid was cheating on Ayra if you take all scenes in the account but he isn't if you remove one scene from it, the scene on the balcony

That balcony scene is part of different narrative where Zaid never loved Ayra, you see that narrative when Kashmala asks him if he loves Ayra or his friend asks him if he loves Ayra both times he says that love isn't there

Mind you, whenever Zaid is in front of Ayra, he is never in love with Mubashira, he is never the Zaid who feels anything for Mubashira

It is the same Zaid who left Mubashira who was divorced when Ayra needed him and spent whole night with her in the hospital, wouldn't be the case if they wanted to show Zaid's love for Mubashira

Basically, they have shot multiple endings and scenes have been added to make sense of every end so you have Zaid who loved Ayra and Zaid who didn't and you have scenes to justify both

I kind of agree with the analysis and especially your previous post regarding him being a practical person and no undying love for MJ etc.

He has tuned out of a love like that anymore. Of the the three, only MJ is capable of that kind of love - I believe that because she's capable of that. She will sacrifice her happiness for Zaid - this much I have understood from the story.

One can never say Zaid doesn't like Ayra ..he really likes her. I love you...if this guy really loved her, would he hurt her by going to NJ's room, spending the night there? It's the most horrible thing to do to a partner ..so basically he's being very practical with Ayra too.

Of the two, Ayra has trusted him and agreed after his repeated requests. MJ was forced on him. That underlying sentiment regarding the circumstances of their marriage has not changed. Which among these ladies would a practical guy choose? There's no doubt it will be Ayra. Even now. Even after consummation. I'm glad you mentioned how what looks out of place for us is culturally acceptable.

What makes him choose Ayra us not undying love...for him love is commitment...and Ayra will remind him of that and he will agree wholeheartedly.

Edited by chicksoup - 9 months ago
chicksoup thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

I think I saw a post in the first thread of this show stating that two endings have been shot and they will air it gauging audience reaction.

Goodness. Why didn't they have Ayra in the ost then? And why the ost is applicable only to Zaid wrt MJ?

I'm not watching anymore shows if they are shooting multiple endings! Writers should have belief in themselves...the moment they look for approval from others, the story is up for sales.

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

If they are really gauging audience reaction then we shouldnt be getting so many Ayra centric episodes.

Edited by 2RsFan - 9 months ago

Originally posted by: chicksoup

Goodness. Why didn't they have Ayra in the ost then? And why the ost is applicable only to Zaid wrt MJ?

I'm not watching anymore shows if they are shooting multiple endings! Writers should have belief in themselves...the moment they look for approval from others, the story is up for sales.

I don't remember properly but I think I saw a post.Let me see if I can find it out.Apologies in advance if there isn't anything as such.

Edit-I have found it.

Edited by G259 - 9 months ago
arshi1983 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Winterberry

Zaid was once in love with MJ , my guess he confessed and rejection must have been either brutal or heartbreaking enuf for Zaid to shut down her completely.

Zaid then moved on, made a mental list on what not he wants in his partner. He doesn’t want any of SoBo MJ and so he choose Thane version of MJ , Aira may not be rich , stylish but she is basically Passive narcissist. Anyways Zaid finds Aira perfect , he calls it love but to me he was never looking for love,he went thru that feeling once , and was broken he will not want to go thru that again. that’s why Aira fits bill for him - Aira was never Lovey Dovey , she is different.

So back , Aira rejected and he goes ahead with marriage with MJ , his former love who rejected him once and now agreed to marry him - he was not choice but kind of onky option . Imagine u love somebody they reject u , fall in love and marry someone like Moib and then when he dumps her she decides to marry u - this could be reason why Zaid won’t let MJ in , he thinks if tomorrow she finds someone she is capable of leaving him again and he doesn’t want to go thru pain again and here Aira is shield he choose, his commitment to her will protect him from pain he thinks MJ will / might give . With MJ he expects love in return and with Aira he needs her to protect himself from MJ .

Couldnt agree more. U've said it all!

Yep, Wahaj Ali did a one on one interview with the showbiz prime guy while shooting Mein and while TB and MPHT were still on air and he mentioned in that interview that multiple ends for Mein have been filmed.

He was asked if shows like TB and MPHT did multiple possible endings and he was like “Aren’t these guys doing the same here with Mein? They’re making me shoot multiple endings so who knows what will air.” Actors don’t even know sometimes which version will be picked

Some writers do this. But not the GOOD ones :) Of course it’s not the right way to go about things but it happens. I think main storyline is consistent but then you have some backup endings shot in case things go south with the audience

With the lack of logic and inconsistencies in Mein, anything is possible lol. Audience is definitely divided here

Edited by tgota92 - 9 months ago

Agreed. You have to be confident in your story.

Regardless of what the ending is, Ayra and Asif should have been on posters and ost too. They’ve been carrying this show more than Zaid lol. This show is actually the Asif MJ Ayra saga 😂

But you know why they didn’t? It wouldn’t have sold lol. Especially if the audience knew a polygamy plot was happening half the people wouldn’t even bother starting the show. Hence the Wahaj Ayeza lollipop was needed lol. I also think Wahaj would never have signed this if he had gotten scripts that far in advance which mentioned the polygamy plot twist. This is a very unpopular narrative for the audience.
We kept waiting for the Ayra plot to phase out but it never did and became center focus and continues to be center focus lol

Bottom line with this show is to enjoy the individual moments. And treat it as a guilty pleasure. You will even love the Ayra Asif scenes then lol. I absolutely loved them for the entertainment and didn’t care about Turkey at all. Shahzad Nawaz is the true star of this show and his dynamic with both MJ and now Ayra is so so fun to watch.

We can all write essays on the logic and try to make sense of a choppy plot but the fact is, neither the execution nor the writing has done this concept justice and characters ARE all over the place. If we pick up any thread we will just go round and round in circles. And the ending of the show will be how the rest of the show has been lol. All over the place.

So turn off brain and just enjoy. That’s the only way lol

Edited by tgota92 - 9 months ago
WhimsicalMind thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Wahaj Ali

I kind of agree with the analysis and especially your previous post regarding him being a practical person and no undying love for MJ etc.

He has tuned out of a love like that anymore. Of the the three, only MJ is capable of that kind of love - I believe that because she's capable of that. She will sacrifice her happiness for Zaid - this much I have understood from the story.

One can never say Zaid doesn't like Ayra ..he really likes her. I love you...if this guy really loved her, would he hurt her by going to NJ's room, spending the night there? It's the most horrible thing to do to a partner ..so basically he's being very practical with Ayra too.

Of the two, Ayra has trusted him and agreed after his repeated requests. MJ was forced on him. That underlying sentiment regarding the circumstances of their marriage has not changed. Which among these ladies would a practical guy choose? There's no doubt it will be Ayra. Even now. Even after consummation. I'm glad you mentioned how what looks out of place for us is culturally acceptable.

What makes him choose Ayra us not undying love...for him love is commitment...and Ayra will remind him of that and he will agree wholeheartedly.

You are talking about him as a human but he is not. My post is on writing and scenes, not a single character is behaving like a normal human would behave, just scenes are added to take the story forward and in this there are multiple narratives.