Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MiVida_Messi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 4 months ago

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

What does Aishwaryas life issues have to do with Hrithik and chemistry tho smiley36

I don’t know, but I read that Hrithk wronged her and so did SRK and she can’t do anything against anyone because of crazy Bacchans smiley36

Recently I saw Salman and Abhishekh hugging each other in an event, so now my question is should Aish take a stand against hubby for being cool with a ‘crazy’ ex of hers? 

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: MiVida_Messi

I’m sick of reading that everything is Bacchan family’s fault while Aush is suffering silently and now even her costars wronged him. But still she gets offered every film first and rejects because ohh churail Jaya saasuma smiley29

https://www.news18.com/movies/not-kajol-aishwarya-rai-was-karan-johars-1st-choice-for-kabhi-khushi-kabhie-gham-i-felt-bad-7979791.html

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

The Kapoor sisters hated on Aish for being an outsider and taking the #1 heroine slot away from Karishma when Karishma hit her peak. Kareena never forgave Aish for being cast in Devdas. Both sisters used to make regular taunts about the SRK/Aish/Salman incident and how Aish is dangerous casting.

Kareena and karishma I think are secure in their lives 

MiVida_Messi thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

Not true. She and Rani were close friends until she felt betrayed by Rani. She and Preity have been close friends since then and continue to be so. Aishwarya has always been a private person (her social media account she only made out of duty for her status as a public figure for promotional reasons otherwise she had no interest in making one) so she doesn't broadcast her friendships to the world like other actors do. 

Type in Aishwarya Rai friendships on Google and you'll see plenty of her with Preity. Another reason you don't see as much of them now, besides Aish being private, is that Preity lives abroad for much of the year now and isn't as involved in the movie industry.

https://www.herzindagi.com/society-culture/best-friends-in-bollywood-industry-article-180932

She's also very close with her sister-in-law (her brother's wife, not her husband's sister).

https://www.bollywoodshaadis.com/articles/aishwarya-rai-and-her-bhabhi-shrima-rai-perfect-bond-47645

And even if she isn't that close to many in the industry, can you blame her after the way she was treated. SRK had her fired from so many films because of Salman's drunken behavior and this is after they had an established comradery of their own from multiple hit films so imagine the betrayal she felt. Rani took her role without asking (Preity actually did ask for Aish's permission/blessing which Aish was happy to give). Aamir blacklisted her just because she said no to a movie. The Kapoor sisters hated on Aish for being an outsider and taking the #1 heroine slot away from Karishma when Karishma hit her peak. Kareena never forgave Aish for being cast in Devdas. Both sisters used to make regular taunts about the SRK/Aish/Salman incident and how Aish is dangerous casting. The scandal with Salman and Vivek further hurt her image. One of the few good co-stars like Hrithik was not a paragon of virtue either, dismissing her as a talentless beauty. Karan Johar and Yash Chopra wanted to hire her but but were unable to do so because of SRK. Any big roles she could get like Dostana and Happy New Year, she had to turn down for her husband's sake to not overshadow him.

I might cry, this is sad even Rani betrayed her? No wonder Rani is YRF empress now while Aish is a slave in bacchans. Maybe Aish shouldn’t have snatched Abhishekh from Rani and let Rani rot in this toxic saasural 

PardesiBabu thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

I might cry, this is sad even Rani betrayed her? No wonder Rani is YRF empress now while Aish is a slave in bacchans. Maybe Aish shouldn’t have snatched Abhishekh from Rani and let Rani rot in this toxic saasural 

Arre behen yahan par jaakar lado 

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5344948

Accha khasa thread kharab kar diya smiley26

Edited by PardesiBabu - 4 months ago
MiVida_Messi thumbnail

Originally posted by: PardesiBabu

Arre behen yahan par jaakar lado 

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5344948

Accha khasa thread kharab kar diya smiley26

Sorry I was just replying thinking what on earth was happening here smiley37

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Raincoat is a box office flop, not because it’s popular amongst fans should be a criteria for ‘juniors’ like Hrithik to watch it. I’m sure he’s watched Devdas and HDDCS and both were Bhansali films. Aish was great too and I’m sure he’d agree on that. 

If he dismissed her even after watching her acting then that says a lot about her acting too, doesn’t it? smiley36.. IMO, you’re making a big deal of what he said which isn’t even in a demeaning context, well but truth is Hrithik himself is one of the best actors and stars in Bollywood and if he didn’t like Aish’s acting then maybe he has reasons. Personally I don’t like her acting too, her voice is cringe and she shines in subtle roles only. 

So in that scale even Aish’s come backs failed, does that mean she’s also a pretty face like madhuri? Madhuri’s come back was after a long gap I believe and her failures doesn’t take away the fact that she was superstar in terms of both box office and onscreen talent, much more than Aishwarya can ever imagine. Madhuri reigned supreme surpassing her male costars, her only competition was the biggest icon Sridevi while Aishwarya fizzled in front of Rani Priety kareena and Priyanka. The former four is more known for their movies when it comes to iconic performances. 

Except Hrithik said he never saw her as anything but a talentless beauty until he worked with her personally on Dhoom 2 which means that even seeing Devdas, HDDCS, etc. he had little regard for her as an actress. That is what astounds me and makes me wonder what is wrong with Hrithik! He should have gotten a lobotomy for that gross misjudgment.

No, it doesn't say anything about Aish's acting because Hrithik's opinion was the minority opinion at odds with the world that made Aish a global star. It doesn't make her look bad at all, it makes him look like a ridiculous fool. I have to reassess my opinion of him now and I can see why Aish has not been eager to return to work with him based on his meritless opinion. 

I didn't say I think Madhuri is just a beauty and not a good actress, but I was pointing out that just as easily as you dismissed Aish as a pretty face and nothing more, many have done the same with Madhuri if not more. No actress has ever achieved the level of box office success that Madhuri and Sridevi had in the late 80s/90s. If you call out Aish for failing to reach that level, then don't forget that Juhi, Karishma, Kajol, Urmila, Raveena, Shilpa, Rani, Preity, Aish, Ameesha, Bipasha, Lara, Priyanka, Kareena, Katrina, Vidya, Deepika, Anushka, Parineeti, Alia, etc. must be equally blamed and faulted. Don't single out just Aish.

Aish did not fizzle out. She was unfairly blacklisted by the three Khans and the Chopras and Johars followed suit. Many of the roles that Rani and Preity got were meant for Aish until she was fired. She was the original choice for Darr, K3G, Chalte Chalte, Veer-Zaara, Dostana, etc. Kareena thought she could do an audition in full costume for Bhansali to win Devdas and he only humored her before sending her away. She couldn't even steal away Devdas in Aish's prime, not even with Karishma helping her and the Kapoor family name. Even now, Aish is the most in-demand actress out of those four you mentioned. Padmaavat, Happy New Year, and Jawan were just some films offered to her first and I've posted articles in prior posts about how the industry was jumping for the chance to come up with a script to reunite SRK and Aish onscreen. There is no demand for Priyanka or Kareena to do that.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Kareena and karishma I think are secure in their lives 

Tell that to Kareena after her Devdas audition and her latest KWK interview, where she was adamant that she will one day work with Bhansali no matter what it takes.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Yes, this was very big news when it happened. Rani and Aish were the original best friends. People thought Rani and Preity were best friends because of Piya Piya and because they had good working chemistry but Preity confirmed that she and Rani were never friends outside of working professionally (and Rani used to make taunts about Preity back in the day as well). 

In contrast, Rani and Aish were very close and the media gave them a lot of attention because of how rare it was to see female friendships in Bollywood. Most contemporaries were rivals and did not like each other (Madhuri/Sridevi, Madhuri/Juhi, Karishma/Aish, etc.) All of this ended when Aish was fired from Chalte Chalte. The issue wasn't that Rani replaced her on the movie. The issue was that Rani agreed to replace her without ever consulting her so-called best friend. Aish found out from the media that Rani had taken her role and that betrayal she couldn't understand.

In contrast, when SRK ordered Aish fired from Veer-Zaara, Preity reached out to Aish and asked her if it was okay for her to take the role instead. Aish gave Preity her blessing. Aish's issue was never that a friend of hers was replacing her. The issue was that Rani, who was her so called best friend, did not even call her up once to check on her and ask if it was alright. She just snatched the role and this is especially hypocritical considering that Rani said that when Kareena was fired from Kal Ho Naa Ho and Karan hired Preity, that Rani found out on the media and burst into tears because she thought Karan would have picked her next. Yash Chopra wanted Aish desperately in Veer-Zaara so he thought he could give her the supporting role instead since SRK would not have her as his love interest. However, SRK said no to this as well, he didn't want Aish in the movie at all so Yash couldn't cast her and hired Rani instead. You can imagine that just like with Chalte Chalte, Rani never consulted Aish on this casting either.

Also keep in mind that Rani broke up Adi Chopra's marriage to win him over. And this is after she tried to break up Govinda's marriage before setting her sights on a higher target. Rani was involved with Abhishek as well but the Bachchans did not approve of the relationship. Apparently Jaya liked her according to one source on this forum but Big B was not a fan and did not want her as a bahu. Part of the reason for this was because while Rani was with Abhishek, she was also seeing Adi and Big B did not want that scandal associated with the family name. This is why the Rani/Abhishek relationship ended and her relationship with Jaya also soured because by Laaga Chunari Mein Daag, both women were not on good terms at all. They apparently were constantly making taunts at each other anytime the camera was off. Rani also mentioned how upset she was that she was not invited to the Bachchan/Aish wedding and how she learned from this incident who her real friends are because only true friends invite friends to weddings. Had Rani forgotten that she had alienated herself not just with Aish but also the entire Bachchan family? There were also reports that Rani and Abhishek were very incompatible as a couple as Rani was more desi and Abhishek more westernized in tastes like Rani used to like to eat home-cooked fine whereas Abhishek liked to eat out at continental restaurants.