Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PardesiBabu thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 months ago

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

Many were not invited to the wedding. Keep in mind that it was a Bachchan family event so she would not have final say on every invitee. Rani also complained that she was not invited despite being close to the Bachchans.

In Hrithik's case, it was probably the fact that he was not on best terms with Abhishek then plus the scandal over the Hrithik/Aishwarya kiss that really upset the Bachchans. And while Hrithik and Aishwarya seem to respect each other, I have never seen them as close friends so I don't think she would be justified in sending him an invitation when he was more Abhishek's friend than hers. If anyone should be blamed then for not inviting him, it should be the person who has the stronger personal connection with him. 

Thread is about chemistry

Aishwarya aur uska sabke saath ka kalesh ka discussion k liye ek alag thread banata hoon 

wahan par aa jana smiley24

MiVida_Messi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: PardesiBabu

maaf karna par Aishwarya bhi kaafi muh fat thi

Uska poorana interviews kabhi dekh lena smiley36

Hrithik ko invite bhi nahi kiya tha Shaadi par 

taali dono haath se bajhti hai behen

Ash was lucky she created great chemistry with Hrithik when Khans were boycotting her bcoz of Salman 

Also none of her pairings are as popular as her pairing with Hrithik, or Salman (for different reasons obviously) 

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: MiVida_Messi

I believe his comment (if he’s made it) reflects the popular narrative people have on her rather than what he saw, I don’t think so he or any other actor would watch seven movies of any actor to say he or she is talented. In pop culture Aishwarya is not considered to be a great actress but more due to her beauty and like Hrithik majority thinks so, so it’s not demeaning.

Demeaning would be when he’d call her talentless even after seeing her hardwork, which he didn’t. Also Aishwarya is not a great actress unless Bhansali or Ratnam happens. She’s not a Rani, Madhuri or Sridevi where actors will feel inferior.

And Hrithik’s debut was so humongous, that I guess nobody should judge him based on seniority, he’s the last superstar of Bollywood and rightfully 

Actors keep up with each other's work in the industry. It's the best way to stay informed about the work your rivals and contemporaries are putting out, even if you don't admit it by praising them. Khans do that now, especially Salman and SRK because they are on friendly terms. Kangana (who is not a role model by any means) said she used to watch her contemporaries and praise them but they would watch her films and never praise her back. 

So I find it hard to believe that Hrithik would be so unfamiliar with Aish's films after so many years in the industry especially since he was working behind the scenes even in the 90s with his father. I can believe he'd never seen her Raincoat but he'd never seen her in Mohabbatein, Devdas, Taal, Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, etc? And to watch those films but dismiss her as just a mere beauty is very off-putting. 

The bolded part is true in this forum. I don't believe it's true in the real world. For Katrina, yes, because her stereotype is that she's a wooden actress who can only dance and do action scenes well, but Aish has never had that reputation. The only thing that can be argued is that her beauty has eclipsed her talent but she was never considered talentless by the public. Ironically enough you mention Madhuri as one of the great actresses like Rani and Sridevi, but Madhuri is frequently touted as someone who was just a pretty face and not much of an actress. That her stardom was just on her beauty and provocative dances but that her roles never had as much substance as Sridevi's. That this is why all her comebacks were failures because she was still playing the dancing queen of the 90s and didn't have the acting chops to go beyond that unlike Sridevi or Rani in their comebacks. I'm not saying I agree but I've seen threads here where people were comparing her to Juhi as well and saying that Madhuri might have been the bigger star but Juhi the better actress.

MiVida_Messi thumbnail

Many were not invited to the wedding. Keep in mind that it was a Bachchan family event so she would not have final say on every invitee. Rani also complained that she was not invited despite being close to the Bachchans.

In Hrithik's case, it was probably the fact that he was not on best terms with Abhishek then plus the scandal over the Hrithik/Aishwarya kiss that really upset the Bachchans. And while Hrithik and Aishwarya seem to respect each other, I have never seen them as close friends so I don't think she would be justified in sending him an invitation when he was more Abhishek's friend than hers. If anyone should be blamed then for not inviting him, it should be the person who has the stronger personal connection with him. 

She’s not close friends with anyone, however Hrithik has been having amazing friendships with most of his costars, be it Priety, Rani, Priyanka or even Kat. 
Also Aish wasn’t an illiterate gopi bahu who would want to invite someone but Bacchan would abandon her, come on, this family and she deserves each other I guess 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Bacchan would abandon her, come on, this family and she deserves each other I guess 

Amusing line

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Also none of her pairings are as popular as her pairing with Hrithik, or Salman (for different reasons obviously) 

I beg to differ. This pair ruled the early 2000s. Hrithik/Aishwarya eclipsed SRK/Aishwarya only because SRK stopped working with Aish and had her kicked out of all his films like Chalte Chalte and Veer-Zaara. Even then, the dynamic of this jodi is still second to none except maybe SRK/Kajol in the public's eyes.

Their scene together in Ae Dil Hai Mushkil was the most talked about part of the movie. Most people said they wish the film had been on them. There was enough hype about their reunion that there were regular industry reports that Bhansali planned to reunite them onscreen with a special project and then Karan had a film planned for them as well.

https://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/bollywood/aishwarya-rai-bachchan-keeps-mum-on-rumour-of-film-with-shah-rukh-khan/

https://www.bollywoodhungama.com/news/bollywood/karan-johar-cast-shah-rukh-khan-aishwarya-rai-bachchan-together/

And now Karan Johar is all set to cast the Devdas duo together again in his next film. Says a source close to the development, “In Ae Dil Hai Mushkil they look so good together. They bring the roof down when they are together. Karan feels he owes Aishwarya a full-fledged role. He has an idea for a film which works just fine for both of Shah Rukh and Aishwarya.”

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/heres-why-aishwarya-rai-bachchan-wont-do-a-film-220304048.html

Aishwarya Rai Bachchan has allegedly turned down a film that would’ve starred Shah Rukh Khan opposite to her. After his cameo in Karan Johar’s Ae Dil Hai Mushkil as Aish’s ex-husband, fans have been waiting for the two to reunite. Looks like fans will have to wait longer to see SRK and Rai together in a film.

As reported by a leading daily, the Jazbaa actress wasn’t quite convinced with the script. A source informed, “Aishwarya has turned down several offers. She wants to be doubly sure about the projects she wants to sign. She was offered a project opposite Shah Rukh Khan, and, while she is very keen to collaborate with him again, the script was not convincing enough for her."

MiVida_Messi thumbnail

Actors keep up with each other's work in the industry. It's the best way to stay informed about the work your rivals and contemporaries are putting out, even if you don't admit it by praising them. Khans do that now, especially Salman and SRK because they are on friendly terms. Kangana (who is not a role model by any means) said she used to watch her contemporaries and praise them but they would watch her films and never praise her back. 

So I find it hard to believe that Hrithik would be so unfamiliar with Aish's films after so many years in the industry especially since he was working behind the scenes even in the 90s with his father. I can believe he'd never seen her Raincoat but he'd never seen her in Mohabbatein, Devdas, Taal, Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, etc? And to watch those films but dismiss her as just a mere beauty is very off-putting. 

The bolded part is true in this forum. I don't believe it's true in the real world. For Katrina, yes, because her stereotype is that she's a wooden actress who can only dance and do action scenes well, but Aish has never had that reputation. The only thing that can be argued is that her beauty has eclipsed her talent but she was never considered talentless by the public. Ironically enough you mention Madhuri as one of the great actresses like Rani and Sridevi, but Madhuri is frequently touted as someone who was just a pretty face and not much of an actress. That her stardom was just on her beauty and provocative dances but that her roles never had as much substance as Sridevi's. That this is why all her comebacks were failures because she was still playing the dancing queen of the 90s and didn't have the acting chops to go beyond that unlike Sridevi or Rani in their comebacks. I'm not saying I agree but I've seen threads here where people were comparing her to Juhi as well and saying that Madhuri might have been the bigger star but Juhi the better actress.

Raincoat is a box office flop, not because it’s popular amongst fans should be a criteria for ‘juniors’ like Hrithik to watch it. I’m sure he’s watched Devdas and HDDCS and both were Bhansali films. Aish was great too and I’m sure he’d agree on that. 

If he dismissed her even after watching her acting then that says a lot about her acting too, doesn’t it? smiley36.. IMO, you’re making a big deal of what he said which isn’t even in a demeaning context, well but truth is Hrithik himself is one of the best actors and stars in Bollywood and if he didn’t like Aish’s acting then maybe he has reasons. Personally I don’t like her acting too, her voice is cringe and she shines in subtle roles only. 

So in that scale even Aish’s come backs failed, does that mean she’s also a pretty face like madhuri? Madhuri’s come back was after a long gap I believe and her failures doesn’t take away the fact that she was superstar in terms of both box office and onscreen talent, much more than Aishwarya can ever imagine. Madhuri reigned supreme surpassing her male costars, her only competition was the biggest icon Sridevi while Aishwarya fizzled in front of Rani Priety kareena and Priyanka. The former four is more known for their movies when it comes to iconic performances. 

MiVida_Messi thumbnail

I’m sick of reading that everything is Bacchan family’s fault while Aush is suffering silently and now even her costars wronged him. But still she gets offered every film first and rejects because ohh churail Jaya saasuma smiley29

Maroonporsche thumbnail

I’m sick of reading that everything is Bacchan family’s fault while Aush is suffering silently and now even her costars wronged him. But still she gets offered every film first and rejects because ohh churail Jaya saasuma smiley29

What does Aishwaryas life issues have to do with Hrithik and chemistry tho smiley36

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

She’s not close friends with anyone, however Hrithik has been having amazing friendships with most of his costars, be it Priety, Rani, Priyanka or even Kat. 
Also Aish wasn’t an illiterate gopi bahu who would want to invite someone but Bacchan would abandon her, come on, this family and she deserves each other I guess 

Not true. She and Rani were close friends until she felt betrayed by Rani. She and Preity have been close friends since then and continue to be so. Aishwarya has always been a private person (her social media account she only made out of duty for her status as a public figure for promotional reasons otherwise she had no interest in making one) so she doesn't broadcast her friendships to the world like other actors do. 

Type in Aishwarya Rai friendships on Google and you'll see plenty of her with Preity. Another reason you don't see as much of them now, besides Aish being private, is that Preity lives abroad for much of the year now and isn't as involved in the movie industry.

https://www.herzindagi.com/society-culture/best-friends-in-bollywood-industry-article-180932

She's also very close with her sister-in-law (her brother's wife, not her husband's sister).

https://www.bollywoodshaadis.com/articles/aishwarya-rai-and-her-bhabhi-shrima-rai-perfect-bond-47645

And even if she isn't that close to many in the industry, can you blame her after the way she was treated. SRK had her fired from so many films because of Salman's drunken behavior and this is after they had an established comradery of their own from multiple hit films so imagine the betrayal she felt. Rani took her role without asking (Preity actually did ask for Aish's permission/blessing which Aish was happy to give). Aamir blacklisted her just because she said no to a movie. The Kapoor sisters hated on Aish for being an outsider and taking the #1 heroine slot away from Karishma when Karishma hit her peak. Kareena never forgave Aish for being cast in Devdas. Both sisters used to make regular taunts about the SRK/Aish/Salman incident and how Aish is dangerous casting. The scandal with Salman and Vivek further hurt her image. One of the few good co-stars like Hrithik was not a paragon of virtue either, dismissing her as a talentless beauty. Karan Johar and Yash Chopra wanted to hire her but but were unable to do so because of SRK. Any big roles she could get like Dostana and Happy New Year, she had to turn down for her husband's sake to not overshadow him.