Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 months ago

Are there any other BW or Indian celebs who have spoken out besides PC and Sonam? It seems like the only BW celebs talking are the ones not currently involved in the industry.

There's definitely been more Hollywood support like Penelope Cruz, Cate Blanchett, Rachel McAdams, Susan Sarandon, Mark Ruffalo, John Cusack, Tilda Swinton, Wallace Shawn (who is Jewish himself), etc. 

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

I suppose. Some of those quotes tweets. I didn’t know she was that unliked. But she did a good thing. 

I didn't know either until this forum because for years now, I've seen a lot of backlash to her from fans who feel she is very fake. She used to be one of my favorites but I also lost interest in her after she moved to America since it became obvious to me as well that everything is a pretense for her. Starting with her stories always of how much racism she faces in the US or how much sexism she faced in India, depending on which angle she feels will benefit her more.

Petrichor80 thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

Are there any other BW or Indian celebs who have spoken out besides PC and Sonam? It seems like the only BW celebs talking are the ones not currently involved in the industry.

There's definitely been more Hollywood support like Penelope Cruz, Cate Blanchett, Rachel McAdams, Susan Sarandon, Mark Ruffalo, John Cusack, Tilda Swinton, Wallace Shawn (who is Jewish himself), etc. 

Bollywood only cares about box office. They are all self involved. So many of them took pictures with Netanyahu. 

Edited by Petrichor80 - 5 months ago
RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: Petrichor80

Bollywood only cares about box office. They are all self involved. So many of them took pictures with Netanyahu. 

Yes, I remember that pic. I can see some of them not really knowing much about the situation back then so I'd be curious to see which ones would still be willing to take a photoshoot with him today when there is no excuse for ignorance.

India and Israel's close ties also make me think that there are some who silently sympathize with Palestine but are too afraid of alienating their audiences or getting into government trouble by being vocal.

Edited by RaniPreityAish - 5 months ago
RaniPreityAish thumbnail

One more BW celeb I forgot to mention who has been very vocal is none other than Swara Bhaskar. Completely forgot to mention her at the beginning. She's been consistently posting and retweeting about the genocide and not only that, but she's been vocal against Israel for several years now so it's nothing new. 

Props to her. I know online people hate her for being a feminist and woke-bash her but I've always found her to be very enlightened, fair, and informative and that's not even getting into her strengths as an actress. 

https://www.hindustantimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/swara-bhasker-horror-hamas-israel-attack-kangana-ranaut-101696760290771.html

Petrichor80 thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

Yes, I remember that pic. I can see some of them not really knowing much about the situation back then so I'd be curious to see which ones would still be willing to take a photoshoot with him today when there is no excuse for ignorance.

India and Israel's close ties also make me think that there are some who silently sympathize with Palestine but are too afraid of alienating their audiences or getting into government trouble by being vocal.

You have a point. They are likely afraid to say anything. I don't know anything about Swara Bhaskar. I just see her trending when everyone is bashing her.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: Petrichor80

You have a point. They are likely afraid to say anything. I don't know anything about Swara Bhaskar. I just see her trending when everyone is bashing her.

She is not an A-Lister like Priyanka and Sonam, but she got a lot of controversy for Veere Di Wedding because of her masturbation scenes. A lot of right-wingers and angry men came after her on social media, claiming she was anti-male and a man hater and a bunch of other nonsense. That she was disgusting and they basically made her the face of the movie's controversies.

She's very outspoken so she would respond to each attack. When Kjo was under attack for nepotism by Kangana, Swara defended Kjo and said he does not deserve such cruel attacks. Needless to say Kangana placed a target on Swara and went after her, claiming that she can defend Kjo all she wants but still Kjo will never cast her in one of his films.

Swara and Kangana are basically as opposite as you can get on every issue and hot-button topic. It's also not a surprise to me that Kangana only goes after people she knows have no power to hurt her which is why she avoids criticizing Bachchans or Khans but goes after Swara, who is not an A-Lister and has no family background in the movie industry. While claiming to support outsiders, she attacks outsiders the most (remember her claims that Urmila was a stripper or something more vulgar than that).

It is quite telling that Kangana has not dared breath one word against The Archies even though it stands for everything she doesn't believe in. She will never go against the Khans, Bachchans, Kapoors, and Akhtars and especially not all combined.

Blueeeee thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

Good that she called for a ceasefire....It is important because of the position she holds with UN.

Not only is call for cease fire important....but also calling out Israel for their actions is also important.....they are butchering Palestinians.....even little kids smiley18....and no remorse is being shown...smiley11

This is the same woman who couldn't say that wars are a bad thing at a Unicef event lol. Any thing and every thing PC does is PR caliberated. She ain't gonna call out shit because she has to keep both her markets happy.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: Blueeeee

This is the same woman who couldn't say that wars are a bad thing at a Unicef event lol. Any thing and every thing PC does is PR caliberated. She ain't gonna call out shit because she has to keep both her markets happy.

She really did that? I wasn't even aware of that but I'm sure all her naysayers are so I'm not surprised so many are in doubt about her intentions and were shocked she bothered to post at all.

Sadly her public persona has lost so much credibility that I'll see videos of her from 20 years ago when she was starting out in the industry, and all the comments are about how fake and staged she is. People have caught on.