Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 9 months ago

Damn, REAL reviews are bashing the film! This may go the Thugs of Hinduston way!

Autumnn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Reviews are disappointing. Wanted to see this movie so much. One year when am not traveling and Srk + Hirani movie and then reading not good reviews making me wonder whether to see or not. One of my friend on her status posted 'Don't be a donkey, Don't see Danki' kinda shocked me. Somehow heart still feels like watching the movie hmmm let's see.

SoniRita thumbnail

Love Legion

Audience review in google. Posted 1 hr ago. Credit to reviewer

Dunki🛩

"For me it's Must watch movie"

First Half make you laugh

Second half make you laugh and cry.

Genuine direction Genuine actor and soft classy story with engaging story line.

From start to end movie kept it's base line about donkey route(which calls dunki in pubjabi)

Shahrukh khan name is enough for acting and versatility.in this movie he shows his all hardwork and skills which he deliver in his all last movies.

Tapsee know for her best acting and she also shown here with amazing smoothness.

Rajkumar hirani oh kya hi kahu.. among the blockbuster director he is the only one who bring all the spices (masala) comedy, drama, romance, fight, emotions and most beautiful story.

So i will give it 5 star for all the things put in one movie and you can watch multiple times even after on television.

For me it's Must watch

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Thank you for replying to my comments, VPM. I like to read you even though I may not agree with you.

What I understand without a problem is that the movie isn't done to 'please' people but with the purpose to tell something that is important in the director's and producers' mind (albeit in an entertaining form).

The fact that it is based on real events (documentary scenes at the end with voice-over) makes it worth a watch in any way. It is the third movie of SRK which takes a stand that has a background of reality.

After having watched Dunki, I'm not astonished at all about the opposing opinions...if one can't open up to the emotional drive in this movie and the kind of narrating this journey that ends where it began, one may see negative things just to explain the own frustration.

Expectations mostly aren't healthy for good feelings.

Edited by Clochette - 9 months ago
SoniRita thumbnail

Love Legion

Originally posted by: Autumnn

Reviews are disappointing. Wanted to see this movie so much. One year when am not traveling and Srk + Hirani movie and then reading not good reviews making me wonder whether to see or not. One of my friend on her status posted 'Don't be a donkey, Don't see Danki' kinda shocked me. Somehow heart still feels like watching the movie hmmm let's see.

Do watch it. Reviews are mixed but mostly positive atleast thats what i saw in google and other places.
SoniRita thumbnail

Love Legion

Audience review in google. Credit to reviewer

Dunki takes us on a heartwarming journey filled with love, humor, friendship, and patriotism. Rajkumar Hirani masterfully weaves a story that reflects the Indian aspiration to seek a better life abroad, turning tragedy into a funny yet emotional narrative. Vicky Kaushal delivers an impactful performance, while Shahrukh Khan shines as Hardy, displaying genuine chemistry with Tapsee Pannu. Boman Irani adds his usual charm in a brief role. The film's cinematography is a visual treat, and the background music enhances emotional scenes. Although the initial situational comedy falls short, Dunki evolves into a poignant exploration of illegal immigration. The ensemble cast excels, and the production design is top-notch. A wholesome Christmas movie, Dunki will make you laugh, cry, and feel the love—perfect for a family outing to the cinemas. 🎬❤️ #Dunki #BollywoodMagic #RajkumarHirani #VickyKaushal #ShahrukhKhan #TapseePannu #ChristmasMovie

SoniRita thumbnail

Love Legion

Loved this review, esp the note. Audience review in google

A true movie is the one which can engage audiences till beginning to end and make them laugh, cry, emotional and excited while watching the movie. It is not easy to make a strong family movie on comedy/drama/love/patriotism (combining everything) genre. Dunki is an amazing creation (complex and serious topic, not like other RKH film) of Raj Kumar Hirani Ji. Salute to him and he deserves lots of love and recognition from audiences.

Haven’t watched such an incredible Bollywood movie for many years! (although watched many Masala movie for few years!) One of the best movies of SRK on his career. Many thanks for providing us the opportunity to watch such a brilliant film 🙏

NOTE: I do not know who are those people who put 1 star here! If someone really loves cinema, they should appreciate the quality work (without any comparison) regardless a movie by SRK or any actor/actress. We all should ask ourselves questions (can we make something similar which can create impact) and understand our limitations before negatively criticize others and their work! Everyone will love this movie if you can watch this with a Positive mindset. Cinema must win over negativity and toxicity!

SoniRita thumbnail

Love Legion

Audience review in google. Credit to reviewer

Dunki movie movie is not a typical masala movie but deals with stark reality and evokes lot of anxiety and pain with 1 haunting question of would you choose quality of life at the cost of value of life. This movie is wrapped around harsh reality of life to move into foreign country with crude, dark slapstick humor.

One of the best movies of Shahrukh Khan's movie in serious genre after Swadesh. Director has ensured every character mirrors a distinct personality which is relatable to everyday life which made this movie outstanding..

Kudos to entire star cast and hats off to director..

SoniRita thumbnail

Love Legion

Audience review in google.

#Dunki. My hat is off and my hand is raised to salute. The magnitude of emotions and the feelings of togetherness has never been felt the way it did. It was like a whole world I didn't know could exist and still felt so close to the heart.

Shah Rukh Khan I don't know what else can I say about you. You don't act anymore. You are the characters you play. You are the greatest presenter of emotions I have ever seen. I don't know what we have done to deserve you.

Rajkumar Hirani. You have proved yourself countless times and now you have done it to an extent that we can call you the greatest Indian film maker and director to have ever touched feet on this planet. Thank you sir for having a vision and heart to give this gift to us as an audience.

Taapsee Pannu and #VickyKaushal gave the performance of their life..

Dunki is one of the greatest films ever made in Indian Cinema. It is a Cinematic Marvel that makes us laugh out loud, feel close to home, defines what home truly means and most importantly, that there is nothing more beautiful in the world than having your loved ones with you ❤️

One of the best Rajkumar Hirani and SRK films of all time ❤️

SoniRita thumbnail

Love Legion

Audience review in google.

A must watch for all the NRIs. Movie comes with a social message that instead of living in years of uncertainty and ambiguity it is better to live calm and peaceful life in our own country. All the actors have done justice to their roles. This is a must watch in Theaters. Direction and Story are awesome. All scenes are softly based on real Incidents. One thing I would like to say it is not best movie of Raju Hirani but not the worst one also.