Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 3 months ago

Veer zarra I understand the wait but not in this movie I’m taking on the 25 year wait reference. I mean she decided on asylum instead going back with him so no way I will care on this. She chose supposed wealth over the guy. Here she just selfish 

Where as in veer Zaara the girl chose love over duty and both unselfish 

Edited by wat_up - 3 months ago
JayaBachan thumbnail

I’ll never understand why Manu chose to stay in London as opposed to returning back home with Hardy. If he could risk his life and guide a whole group via the Dunki route, then he would have definitely found a way to help Manu regain ownership of her family home. 

Hardy was a sharp minded, fearless and dedicated man. He would have worked hard to build a good life for the both of them. I know it’s a fictional character but there’s no way any sane person would leave a man like that for an uncertain future in a foreign country. 🙄 

On that note, Manu didn’t deserve Hardy’s love. Don’t know why he would wait 20 years for someone who didn’t hesitate to abandon him after everything he did for her. 

Edited by JayaBachan - 3 months ago
AamirKingKhan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Film is okay at best. Aamir would have nailed role. SRK did okay 

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

I don't know why people keep saying Aamir could have done this role. He doesn't do movies where the female co-star has a role equal to his or bigger. SRK has never had that problem, hence why many are saying this film was more Taapsee's than his. Aamir gave up on that after Rangeela and Raja Hindustani when Urmila overshadowed him and Karishma got as much praise as him. Fanaa was the exception, years later, and that was becausei t was a YRF and I think Aamir considered that a victory because he could claim he stole Kajol from SRK and KJo but it's Kajol's performance people mostly remember.

Notice that he works with lesser actresses now consistently. Katrina in his movies only has to dance and do action scenes. Bebo is the epitome of an actress who likes to get her name attached to one of the Khans so she can claim she was part of a box office success without having much to do (so glad this backfired on her with LSC).

There's a reason that Aishwarya, Deepika, Priyanka, etc. have never worked with him. Or that he doesn't work with his previous actresses the way SRK and Salman do. I think it's notable too that SRK and Salman have several beloved jodis each but if you think about Aamir, the only pairing of his that really took off with the public was him with Juhi. And he ruined even that with his rude behavior towards her. Otherwise, Aamir isn't known for his romantic pairings because his films never give that equal status to the leading lady anymore and the ones which did, he never bothered to work with that leading lady again (no more movies with Urmila, Karishma, Kajol, etc.)

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

QSQT, HHRPK, DHKMN, AAA, Raja Hindustani , Rangeela, DCH, Ishq, PK, Dangal and so many movies where actresses shined. 

Aamir's peak success n credibility came with movies like Lagaan, RDB, 3 idiots which were issue based..also multi starrers. 3 idiots was based on a book where the characters were defined. It's a movie requirement and he strictly goes by that. That's the reason his movies used to succeed

NimbuMirchi thumbnail

Originally posted by: hasini009

I wish Dunki makers create scene by scene breakdown sheets for every scene and distribute it to the viewers at the entrance. and on ott, screen ke ek kone pe chipak detesmiley36

Aisa toh Zero, JHMS, Fan, Pathaan etc mein bhi karna chahiye tha. smiley36

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: wat_up

Veer zarra I understand the wait but not in this movie I’m taking on the 25 year wait reference. I mean she decided on asylum instead going back with him so no way I will care on this. She chose supposed wealth over the guy. Here she just selfish 

Where as in veer Zaara the girl chose love over duty and both unselfish 

I agree, Jess...and I feel that there are more than one reference to Veer Zaara, always quite in an opposite way. Some examples:

1 - There is a love story that survives a separation of more than 20 years...b u t  it hasn't a 'happy ending'.

2 - SRK plays a soldier...but instead of rescuing the heroine, he is rescued by the heroine's brother (who dies shortly after) and meets his saviour's sister who becomes his love interest.

3 - Veer's parents are quite wealthy, so are Zaara's parents ... but they live in different countries.

4 - Veer's and Zaara's love blossoms dunring the journey, Hardy's and Tapsee's love also blossoms during a journey...but the journey as such is completely different.

5 - Veer and Zaara have to separate because Zaara has a fiancé she had to marry without wanting it anymore. Also Hardy and Manu have to separate because of a marriage that Manu doesn't want but agrees to do.

6 - Two countries separate Veer and Zaara, each one living in the other one. Two countries separate Hardy and Manu...but while Zaara doesn't marry and goes to India to Veer's place and doing things in Veer's memory, Manu stays in England for achieving her own goal and her memory of Hardy only makes her annul the marriage and keeping unmarried.

7 - Veer is confined to a Pakistani prison called an Indian spy because of the fiancé and keeps there because of his concern for Zaara...but Manu is confined to England because she chose to betray her country and because she absolutely wants to earn a lot of money.

8 - Zaara works as a teacher in memory of Veer and his parents at Veer's place...but in Dunki it is Hardy who works at Manu's place in her memory (getting back her parent's home for them and building the Big Ben tower with functioning clock).

9 - Veer and Zaara get reunited because an advocat rights a wrong...but the advocat in London wants to make Hardy and Manu to wrong a right (lie about their country) and becomes (also) responsible for their separation (he certainly did not inform the trio that they would not get a Visa back to India beforehand).

10 - Veer's and Zaara's love have a happy ending because their love is of the same kind...but Hardy and

Manu's love is of a different kind and so, it ends when Hardy get the "I do" he had wished for 25 years ago without getting the opportunity (again) to give her the ring.

About the encounter at the airport and the differences (which are made obvious by not changing the age) I already wrote in a previous post.

When I watched the movie the first time, the scene on the London Bridge with the Big Ben melody where the ring slips out of Hardy's hand, I guessed that they won't have a happy ending...the creative forces of the movie would not allow it...

Edited by Clochette - 3 months ago
Clochette thumbnail

Originally posted by: JayaBachan

I’ll never understand why Manu chose to stay in London as opposed to returning back home with Hardy. If he could risk his life and guide a whole group via the Dunki route, then he would have definitely found a way to help Manu regain ownership of her family home. 

Hardy was a sharp minded, fearless and dedicated man. He would have worked hard to build a good life for the both of them. I know it’s a fictional character but there’s no way any sane person would leave a man like that for an uncertain future in a foreign country. 🙄 

On that note, Manu didn’t deserve Hardy’s love. Don’t know why he would wait 20 years for someone who didn’t hesitate to abandon him after everything he did for her. 

Exactly, she didn't deserve Hardy...not in this movie-life at least.

But what about Hardy...what did he that Manu took the decision to first marry a random man and then lie to stay in London far away from Hardy, not being able to legally return to India if ever she would want to reunite with Hardy?

Any idea?

Clochette thumbnail

Originally posted by: AamirKingKhan

Film is okay at best. Aamir would have nailed role. SRK did okay 

It wouldn't have been the same movie ... not at all... smiley16

Because of that:

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

I don't know why people keep saying Aamir could have done this role. He doesn't do movies where the female co-star has a role equal to his or bigger. SRK has never had that problem, hence why many are saying this film was more Taapsee's than his. Aamir gave up on that after Rangeela and Raja Hindustani when Urmila overshadowed him and Karishma got as much praise as him. Fanaa was the exception, years later, and that was becausei t was a YRF and I think Aamir considered that a victory because he could claim he stole Kajol from SRK and KJo but it's Kajol's performance people mostly remember.

Edited by Clochette - 3 months ago
NoraSM thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: JayaBachan

Because she wanted to help her parents, it was Manu who got them the house back not Hardy. Manu was the hero of this story 

Hardy waited because he did a lot of illegal things for Manu, he couldn't have a happy life, he deserved punishment for his wrong actions. He was an army man, protecting borders was his responsibility and for Manu, he put everything at stake then wasted decades of his life only to lose her again.