Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

incrediblycute thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 5 months ago

Originally posted by: anna143

u do realize this is reality right? people will sell anything to send their kids abroad, to the extend parents will sell body organs theres so many extreme stories of heights people go to because of obsession of going abroad. have u not seen what happens in punjab and theres shops in corners scamming people in the name of student visas etc if u didn’t buy the movie thats quiet sad which means u have no sense of reality 

Thank you for judging me, without even knowing me. I felt a disconnect with the character not the subject and clearly mentioned execution could have been better, the concept on paper was good. Please read before replyingsmiley36

Edited by incrediblycute - 5 months ago
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

They had changed the narrative with Hardy being without a living family. There are also scenes missing that are shown in one Drop-song. So, me neither spotted a surprise-Dharmendra.

The first part prepared for the journey which didn't make any sense anymore for Sukhi who chose to join the love of his life in a similar way to her. He had been the driving force among the friends being the most focussed to get a visa and then going the illegal route...until the phone call of their friend Balli who got the 'student-visa'.

I think one should not overestimate the warnings as some of these scenes have the purpose to sketch the harsh reality, or aren't fully shown or are done to prove you know when not-knowing (when. e.g., one has to pretend to know what "kidneys" means and where in the body they are)

One can criticise the humour, but the audience's reaction is indeed laughter...and it makes some things easier to digest.

One post in another thread talked about 'fat-shaming'...well, Buggu (who did it) was fired because of that.

The friends (Manu, Buggu and Balli) build the crore group which Hardy joins after his service as a soldier to bring something to someone in the village. Sukhi joins them later in 'school'. The three remain the crore group throughout the movie - from start to almost to the end.

And the love angle... travelling the dunki-way doesn't leave much space for romance...but the love is genuine and a driving force - for Sukhi first, then for Hardy, then for Manu...and a steady force among Manu, Buggu and Balli and an ideal force for chosing the homeland - in between and at the end...

Edited by Clochette - 5 months ago
Clochette thumbnail

Originally posted by: incrediblycute

First of all the fact that this Dunki was the masterplan of an army man...SRK.., to and fro, Didn't sit well with me.

Couldn't feel the obsession of going to UK of the group,  except Vicky character. 

Blaming India to stay in UK smiley21and then burning UK identity to come to Indiasmiley32

The story might look good on paper but the execution definitely was poor.

Didn't like it, there are few scenes which forms an emotional bond , here and there that's it.

Sukhi indeed had the 'strongest' drive...and it had been an emotional one (interesting, right?).

Manu, Buggu and Balli had the more 'usual' motivation and, yes, it seems more being a superficial one but it wasn't because they still had an emotional background residing in their family-roots.

Hardy initially had no interest, but then love and Sukhi's death-wish changed everything. Experienced in dangerous endeavours, he took the task to support, to reach their goal with them, to see the Big Ben as the best place to propose to Manu...the only romantic thought in the whole movie.

Well, giving up a citizenship earned through physical and emotional hardship was an easy act in view of being /feeling home again, right? A prominent actor gave up a gifted citizenship for quite more questionable reasons...and a very prominent Indian actress still has only the UK citizenship living comfortably with it in India. It's a key plotpoint in the movie with Hardy choosing the country where he feels a belonging to (like SRK does in real life, too, who could easily get a UK citizenship for his family and himself).

There are more interesting plotpoints in the movie that go beyond the level of the movie-story. The still prevailing poverty in India is another of them. The exploitation of illegal immigrants another one and the exploitation of the desire to work abroad...etc. Dunki is a rich movie, just by immersing yourself in the story told. Whoever labels this story weak (or even non-existent) is not to trust at all. Regardless the execution, the story is there, for everybody to witness.

Edited by Clochette - 5 months ago
incrediblycute thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Clochette

Sukhi indeed had the 'strongest' drive...and it had been an emotional one (interesting, right?).

Manu, Buggu and Balli had the more 'usual' motivation and, yes, it seems more being a superficial one but it wasn't because they still had an emotional background residing in their family-roots.

Hardy initially had no interest, but then love and Sukhi's death-wish changed everything. Experienced in dangerous endeavours, he took the task to support, to reach their goal with them, to see the Big Ben as the best place to propose to Manu...the only romantic thought in the whole movie.

Well, giving up a citizenship earned through physical and emotional hardship was an easy act in view of being /feeling home again, right? A prominent actor gave up a gifted citizenship for quite more questionable reasons...and a very prominent Indian actress still has only the UK citizenship living comfortably with it in India. It's a key plotpoint in the movie with Hardy choosing the country where he feels a belonging to (like SRK does in real life, too, who could easily get a UK citizenship for his family and himself).

There are more interesting plotpoints in the movie that go beyond the level of the movie-story. The still prevailing poverty in India is another of them. The exploitation of illegal immigrants another one and the exploitation of the desire to work abroad...etc. Dunki is a rich movie, just by immersing yourself in the story told. Whoever labels this story weak (or even non-existent) is not to trust at all. Regardless the execution, the story is there, for everybody to witness.

I am free to have my views I believe , I didn't like the movie. If you liked it, good for you, please don't try to force your views on me and please refrain from character analysis,  trust worthy or not etc... Enjoy the moviesmiley36

Novarieaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: incrediblycute

First of all the fact that this Dunki was the masterplan of an army man...SRK.., to and fro, Didn't sit well with me.

Couldn't feel the obsession of going to UK of the group,  except Vicky character. 

Blaming India to stay in UK smiley21and then burning UK identity to come to Indiasmiley32

The story might look good on paper but the execution definitely was poor.

Didn't like it, there are few scenes which forms an emotional bond , here and there that's it.

Do you know how many Indians seek political asylum in the West? Some pretends to be gay just to secure protection visa. Why is it offensive? It's reality. 

MochaQueen thumbnail

Love Legion

Originally posted by: oyebollywood

When shooting started there was news of dharmendra cameo as SRK dad later another article had come about tapsee saying scene is there but now after seeing the movie did not find senior deol in the movie

Then who's the surprise appearance??

Jazzkapur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: priya185

I found these potential dunki spoilers

Vicky commits suicide in the movie. Don't tag me in any spoilers this is enough spoilers for mesmiley3

r/BollyBlindsNGossip - Dunki has been rated ‘15’ on BBFC. Seems to be more intense than anticipated. Potential spoilers alert!

r/BollyBlindsNGossip - Dunki has been rated ‘15’ on BBFC. Seems to be more intense than anticipated. Potential spoilers alert!

sexualized images one is a lie. I don't remember anything such at all

Jazzkapur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Clochette

They had changed the narrative with Hardy being without a living family. There are also scenes missing that are shown in one Drop-song. So, me neither spotted a surprise-Dharmendra.

The first part prepared for the journey which didn't make any sense anymore for Sukhi who chose to join the love of his life in a similar way to her. He had been the driving force among the friends being the most focussed to get a visa and then going the illegal route...until the phone call of their friend Balli who got the 'student-visa'.

I think one should not overestimate the warnings as some of these scenes have the purpose to sketch the harsh reality, or aren't fully shown or are done to prove you know when not-knowing (when. e.g., one has to pretend to know what "kidneys" means and where in the body they are)

One can criticise the humour, but the audience's reaction is indeed laughter...and it makes some things easier to digest.

One post in another thread talked about 'fat-shaming'...well, Buggu (who did it) was fired because of that.

The friends (Manu, Buggu and Balli) build the crore group which Hardy joins after his service as a soldier to bring something to someone in the village. Sukhi joins them later in 'school'. The three remain the crore group throughout the movie - from start to almost to the end.

And the love angle... travelling the dunki-way doesn't leave much space for romance...but the love is genuine and a driving force - for Sukhi first, then for Hardy, then for Manu...and a steady force among Manu, Buggu and Balli and an ideal force for chosing the homeland - in between and at the end...

can u please explain me why was sukhi the only person on this earth from whom jassi asked help? Why was her father not picking her call? Why sukhi didn't tell her father to help her? Why jassi couldn't ask help from police of England or anyone else?

Clochette thumbnail

Yes, I could tell you...in the same ficticious way the movie's story takes place ( still a reflection of the real world)...but not at this place here...