Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 9 months ago

Originally posted by: MostlyHarmIess

The way I haven’t even seen Animal, because I do put my money where my mouth is. Be like me. smiley16

Ofcourse. I had to go watch it, online coz I was disturbed over the final fight, final scene. But it's definately one to watch. I love it and hate it at the same time. And U just wanna slap the main character again and again... and again.

Originally posted by: Reemadoresyou

I loved loved loved loved this movie.

It was so warm. It was ALL HEART.

Idk wtf is wrong with people. This was 100x better than Jawan and Pathaan imo and I watched both on the big screen this year. And now this. Watched Animal on the big screen too and still traumatized from that. 🤣

SRK’s acting was a hit and miss for me but nothing bad. It’s the voice and eyes for me. I loved his look in the middle of the movie. The JTHJ look.

Vicky was awesome and so were the two other side characters (friends of SRK and Taapsee). Sorry I’m drawing a blank on their on screen names right now.

What - or who - I hated about the movie is none other than Taapsee. WTF BRO SHE IS A BAD ACTRESS and I never noticed this ever until now. Maybe cuz this is only the third movie I’ve ever seen her in. Wish the director got a better actress because it would’ve elevated the movie slightly more. Kitni ghatiya acting kari hai yeh WTF MAN!!!

To those who have also seen the movie - which actress do you think would’ve been a better choice??? I can’t think of any names right now. Kareena??? Plz don’t say Deepika uski acting bhi strong nahin hai. I’m interested in knowing different opinions still. 🙄

Tripti is a viral actress and we know why, Tapashee or whatever her face is, is doing so well in the industry, we know why. Few movies of hers have been okay but she is hyped a but extra.

Anti-Mandli thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

My Review-

Disappointed by the Box Office performance. Although, this wasn't the best of Rajkumar Hirani's work, certainly isn't his worst either.

SRK,and the rest of the cast delivered outstanding performances! There were a moments in the movie that moved me to tears, and the real images of people at the end that truly broke my heart. Witnessing their genuine struggles was disheartening and left a impact.

Overall-a decent watchable movie.

Much much better than the like of Pathan and Animal, CRAP!

VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

No, it isn't...it is very apt for this movie where humour can get quite black and where laughter and drama are alternating.

I'm not disagreeing with the fact that it may apply to the film - but one phrase being used for ALL reviews generally means that's been sent by PR as the official tagline for the film. It is not a natural combination of words for most reviews to use that exact wording.

VimalPanMasala thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

I concentrate only on this part...

The cast indeed is good and they acted well (including SRK and Tapsee!)...Vicky's role was very intense because his motivation to get to London was the most impactful one. He was very good but not the only one who performed well.

The romance angle was written exactly matching the situations and I don't see the point in leaving Tapsee out as Hardy's and her emotional involvement were very different.

Personally I felt Vicky was the only one who performed on the level of a Hirani film. He is the Arshad Warsi of this movie. Except Munnabhai had a great script - this one has a strange screenplay and is very choppy, it's a 2000s style of film. If you like 2000s drama films you'll like this movie but it's not a modern 2023 film.

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Idk wtf is wrong with people. This was 100x better than Jawan and Pathaan imo and I watched both on the big screen this year. And now this. Watched Animal on the big screen too and still traumatized from that. 🤣

SRK’s acting was a hit and miss for me but nothing bad. It’s the voice and eyes for me. I loved his look in the middle of the movie. The JTHJ look.

Vicky was awesome and so were the two other side characters (friends of SRK and Taapsee). Sorry I’m drawing a blank on their on screen names right now.

What - or who - I hated about the movie is none other than Taapsee. WTF BRO SHE IS A BAD ACTRESS and I never noticed this ever until now. Maybe cuz this is only the third movie I’ve ever seen her in. Wish the director got a better actress because it would’ve elevated the movie slightly more. Kitni ghatiya acting kari hai yeh WTF MAN!!!

To those who have also seen the movie - which actress do you think would’ve been a better choice??? I can’t think of any names right now. Kareena??? Plz don’t say Deepika uski acting bhi strong nahin hai. I’m interested in knowing different opinions still. 🙄

I mean Anushka has a trademark on annoying loud mouthed Punjabi girl
VimalPanMasala thumbnail

Idk wtf is wrong with people. This was 100x better than Jawan and Pathaan imo

This is a 2000s style of Indian film. The humor is all early 2003. If you like movies from that time period you will like Dunki. Most people on here probably did not like it because it is a strange shift from a very fast paced 2023.

Edit: Anushka is too young to be believeable in this role. Her chemistry with SRK is not good (and tbf it has nothing to do with them, it's that their physical features do not match). They really should have taken a middle aged actress. With the amount of VFX used, I think quite a few contenders could have pulled it off.

Edited by VimalPanMasala - 9 months ago
Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

When I watched the promo 1, I was shocked she got the movie. She is a decent actor but wasn’t sure if she be a good fit. I think preity Zinta would been a good choice.

Reemadoresyou thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

@vimalpaanmasala

^ I agree. VFX would’ve been used on the actress just like it was used on SRK so idk why the director didn’t consider other actresses.

FYI SRK looked so jarring in the 90s part of the film. It was painful to the eyes. 🙄

Ew to Anushka in general. She’s never been a good actress in my opinion. Har time har movie mein bhok thi hai.

And yes I agree again - this didn’t seem like a 2023 movie really. I love “modern” 2023 movies but this one was different in a good way IMO. It seemed a bit too long too but I can look past that point for now.

Edited by Reemadoresyou - 9 months ago
JayaBachan thumbnail

Someone needs to make a thread with strictly member reviews only. It’s so frustrating going through pages and pages of box-office tweets without a single opinion to be read.