Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

1159628 thumbnail
Posted: 9 months ago

Originally posted by: elim

Dunki official numbers - 32 cr day1

Not Bad, not great either. Let's see how Day 2 is Hopefully it doesn’t drop much

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Johnny.Balraj

He should let go romance, focus on box office success and do more action films. Box office is the only validation for superstars, fan telling otherwise are only make themselves feel good.

No. He is not a one-genre type of actor. Typecasting him as only an action hero (especially when that gets harder with age) is the worst thing possible. Salman did that and look how his career has tapered after a decade of the same movie over and over.

Classic films like Swades and Dil Se were not box office successes so does that make them lesser?

SriRani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

I am in theatre now and it's interval time, I missed half of the movie . Reached to theatre 20 mins s before the interval, so far whatever little I watched is good and looking forward to watch the rest of the movie. Booked another ticket for tomorrow.

Seems like a good movie

subhs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Johnny.Balraj

SRK looks good with grey beard. This film and Jawan

You still can do mass films with roles close to his age. Kamal Hasan doing Vikram. SRK needs to do more films like that

He should let go romance, focus on box office success and do more action films. Box office is the only validation for superstars, fan telling otherwise are only make themselves feel good.

After the OTT boom post-pandemic, people are going to theaters for the experience. Big-budget action movies with cool effects, loud background music, etc., are deemed essential .

Dunki is genuinely a good movie and deserves a chance . I hope SRK keeps doing small budget quality cinema with his 2.0 action hero image.

Originally posted by: Clochette

I adore that he takes the liberty his money gives him to make movies that cater to another kind of films challenging him as an actor and trying something new. It's also a fine example for his kids that creativity is the most important ingredient in arts.

If these attempts aren't met with the 'usual' success, it's up to him to take it in his stride. Ra.One, Fan, JHMS, Zero, Dunki will be part of his legacy, too, as much as Dil Se, Swades and ChakDe amd the romantic phase of DDLJ, KKHH, K3G and also KHNH.

Personally, I would like one venture again into the mean part of his personality...not forcibly violent, but evil....and playful...(the Metro scene of Jawan was such a treat to watch!!!)

Clochette, how did u find Archies and Suhana?

subhs thumbnail

Originally posted by: Journey95

Not Bad, not great either. Let's see how Day 2 is Hopefully it doesn’t drop much

Day2 screens are shared with Salaar still hope it picks up tomorrow

subhs thumbnail

Originally posted by: SriRani

I am in theatre now and it's interval time, I missed half of the movie . Reached to theatre 20 mins s before the interval, so far whatever little I watched is good and looking forward to watch the rest of the movie. Booked another ticket for tomorrow.

Seems like a good movie

Oh god . 1st half is typical Hirani .2nd half bit slow but last 1 hr is good

Blueeeee thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

That scene of Jawan also made me think SRK was going back to his roots of playing a villain like in Baazigar, Darr, and Anjaam. I would also like to see him play a negative role again (I think Padmavat was offered to him originally to play the villain).

The true test of audience love is when audiences still root for you even when you're playing an unsympathetic character and he won over audiences exactly that way thanks to Baazigar and Darr.

If so, I am glad he rejected that caricaturish role in Padmavat.

1159628 thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

No. He is not a one-genre type of actor. Typecasting him as only an action hero (especially when that gets harder with age) is the worst thing possible. Salman did that and look how his career has tapered after a decade of the same movie over and over.

Classic films like Swades and Dil Se were not box office successes so does that make them lesser?

Salman basically only delivered Blockbusters for like 8 years before his career declined again. His reinvention evidently paid off. Before Dabanag and Wanted he had a huge flop Phase

Srk's Experiments have never paid off...sad but true. Back in his peak romantic Phase he tried to branch out and mostly failed too (Swades, Asoka) . Then again before Pathan with movies like Fan.

He should focus on giving the audience what they want. Considering Pathan and Jawan success clearly people responsed well to his new Action persona.

He clearly cares about Box Office collections a lot. Not about movies becoming classics years later