Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 9 months ago

Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

Is it ? I dont think it will matter though .. Dunki has some genuine thematic issues with becoming "very" popular with the masses

No it won't .....it never does for massy action movies....smiley36

I'm Awake now! smiley16

Thread is still running, com'on Dhunkians, let's get to Thread 2 and give Mocha some more work.

This Thread may have a short life compared to most threads but definately a longer life than Tiger 3 at the box office and more celebrated 🍾.

smiley37

Mocha Ben you may need to do the duly, shortly. smiley20

Edited by carisma2 - 9 months ago
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Although only knowing the Munnabhai movies, I saw the shift in the second half and given the harsh reality of illegal immigration, the humour was less and in a dark way.

I don't think that Hirani wanted people to leave the theatre 'with a smile on the face' but with an 'emotion in the heart'.

And I think, the message had been that the pastures aren't always greener elsewhere...that one can lose more than what one gains.

To me, the movie still resonates...I can't 'laugh it off'...

1159628 thumbnail

Originally posted by: NoraSM

I honestly drooled over Vikram Rathore for months and Jawan will remain my favourite movie this year but SRK said Dunki is his favourite, he made Pathaan for his fan girls, Jawan for his fan boys (😭 But fan girls loved it too) and Dunki for himself

He is almost 60, I don't want him to stop making movies he loves or telling stories he wants to tell, audience gave him highest opening day post pandemic for a drama

He holds most opening day and weekend and extended weekend and lifetime records

SRK shouldn't be limited to action movies

I get what you are saying but we know Flops hit him hard like with zero and fan (such a great movie and He really put in one of his best Performances) which were passion projects too

Indian audience never appreciates that and just want the same old Masala movie. So he should just give them what they want.

SRK was fantastic especially in Jawan and showed he can be a great Action Star, he needs to take advantage of that ASAP.

Edited by Journey95 - 9 months ago
CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Btw, I dont get how can anyone judge WOM based on twitter. Regardless of the movie, you will find equal number of good and bad reviews. This thread is prime example of it

WOM can only be judged based on the hold the movie has after the initial 2 days. If people are still coming to watch the movie after the initial hype, then it has worked

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Btw, that SRK shot in the second half in the snow with aviators on

Dayummm smiley16

Swati_ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6

I am unable to post the link to YouTube video

Edited by Swati_ - 9 months ago
Swati_ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6

https://youtu.be/fQ5xQIjXozo?si=liTo5r9UJq76HNEh

This review..❤️

Probably the best review anyone can ever give on Dunki. Balanced and unbiased.

Do watch this and decide for yourself rather than relying on deliberately picked negative tweets from other fandom.