Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 months ago

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

I'd much rather Swades or Chak De India anyday although I did like Jawan.

Oh k.

U watched this one?

Someone told me Pathaan was better than Jawan..so skipped it.

Strangers02 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Kyahikahoon

If u r n SRK fan just watch it. Just guessing but it will be more like Swades and Chak De which didn't find mass acceptance but were much better than Pathaan n Jawan

Have you watched it?

Autumnn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Clochette

Why do you even rely on reviews? Searching Twitter, there is no problem to find strictly opposing reviews en masse and you can't even know what's genuine and what's not.

The members here who don't like SRK or couldn't connect to the movie (if watched, of course) will only post negative findings...and the contrary is equally happening.

Far too many posts are filled with random tweets just to prove the own point. If one doesn't know the person, no way to know what's genuine and what's not.

I was taken aback by all the negativity I read throughout the day before being able to watch the movie in the evening...it made me uneasy how I would feel, what I would encounter... watching the movie, I understood that one has to make a choice...and when one opens up to what happens on screen, it is a very fine movie...

I dont take reviews blindly but to get an idea about the story. For me more than anything even my likeable actors, story is very important. I watch most movies for stories.

If story have violence in it.. total no no for me. Thank god for reviews otherwise would have watched Animal even as like Ranbir too. Avoided Pathan inspite liking DP Srk but watched Jawan more so for DP as she got praised. Both decisions were correct as Pathan was crap movie which saw on ott.

I am no die hard fan of anyone. I value my money so want good cinema.

Have been on IF long enough to know which are genuine reviews and which are not. Also not all fans give bias reviews nor all haters give negativity, wrong to put everyone in same bracket.

Hirani + SRK movie expectations are high.

Chak De was fantastic movie. 👏 I love that movie.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Kyahikahoon

Oh k.

U watched this one?

Someone told me Pathaan was better than Jawan..so skipped it.

No, I have not seen Dunki yet. Will have to wait till Saturday to see it.

SRK said he made Pathaan for women, Jawan for men, and Dunki for himself. That being said, I thought Pathaan was no different than any usual spy thriller. Jawan was a more typical masala film but it did have a social message and felt more relevant. I would be reluctant to watch Pathaan again but I would be happy to see Jawan again.

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Finished it. It was a good movie overall and I liked it. Would I queue up to watch it again though ? Probably not. It did not reach the levels of 3 Idiots and PK, and got stuck at the Sanju level

A very solid movie and definitely worth a watch: 3.5/5

SRK in second half is just amazing. All those desperate dumbasses posting a 5 second clip about him overacting need to be ignored smiley37 He was in great form through out, and especially in the second half smiley27

Taapsee was really good as well. She had a very chunky role, which is unusual for a Hirani movie

The rest of the cast was great as well. Vicky Kaushal stole the show in the scenes that he got. He played the Jimmy Shergill part - short screen time with high impact.

The music was actually quite well placed and did not hinder the narrative.

Jawan > Dunki > Pathaan sums up SRK's 2023 for me. What an amazing year for SRK fans smiley16

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 4

No..will c on OTT..like most movies.

Warning: Long post ahead

Coming to the critique of the movie, I now understand why reviewers are mentioning it as a very non-Hirani movie. And why the WOM is mixed.

The movie is very formulaic like all Hirani movies are since Lage Raho. The first half is pure Hirani with lots of fun and jokes and emotions and drama. And it would have worked superbly well if Hirani had stuck to the formula in the second half too

Usually in the second half, Hirani doesn't let go of his humorous take on the issue that he is tackling - whether it is Gandhigiri in Lage Raho or teaching those fake godmen a lesson in PK or breaking Virus/Chatur ka ego in 3 Idiots.

He doesn't follow that route here though and I am guessing it is because the issue at hand is a bit too uncomfortable to joke about. It shows the struggles of and after the dunki journey. And then, the movie also ends on a serious note showing the real life pics from Dunki. The cliched line associated with Raju's movies of "left the theater with a smile on my face" doesn't apply here, because the movie ends of a serious note.

Also, there is no clear protagonist even thematically.

- 3Idiots mein its the education system (and Virus, Chatur)

- In PK the audience is rooting to do pardfaash of the fake Godmen

- Lage Raho had Lucky and superstitions

- Munnabhai had the medical system and the Dean

Here, the protagonist is supposed to be UK/Visa/Immigration office etc. which doesn't really leave an impact. It is not strong enough to make you really root for Hardy, ki you show them Hardy.

Hirani went in a different direction in the second half and missed a trick here I feel

Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

Finished it. It was a good movie overall and I liked it. Would I queue up to watch it again though ? Probably not. It did not reach the levels of 3 Idiots and PK, and got stuck at the Sanju level

A very solid movie and definitely worth a watch: 3.5/5

SRK in second half is just amazing. All those desperate dumbasses posting a 5 second clip about him overacting need to be ignored smiley37 He was in great form through out, and especially in the second half smiley27

Taapsee was really good as well. She had a very chunky role, which is unusual for a Hirani movie

The rest of the cast was great as well. Vicky Kaushal stole the show in the scenes that he got. He played the Jimmy Shergill part - short screen time with high impact.

The music was actually quite well placed and did not hinder the narrative.

Jawan > Dunki > Pathaan sums up SRK's 2023 for me. What an amazing year for SRK fans smiley16

I know.....smiley40smiley27...couldn't have wished for anything better.....smiley27...now wait till 2025smiley19

BTW Salar is getting a lot pf average and negative reviews......but I don't post negative reviews for any movie in the review threads....and Salar won't be an exception....smiley36

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

I know.....smiley40smiley27...couldn't have wished for anything better.....smiley27...now wait till 2025smiley19

BTW Salar is getting a lot pf average and negative reviews......but I don't post negative reviews for any movie in the review threads....and Salar won't be an exception....smiley36

Is it ? I dont think it will matter though .. Dunki has some genuine thematic issues with becoming "very" popular with the masses