Views

Users

Frequent Posters

unicornhugs thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 months ago

Originally posted by: arshi1983

Just my personal opinion,

W performed really well as Saad but I found Saad to be very uninteresting/one-dimensional.I also feel that this Is W’s weakest character.

I like Zaid from Day 1.There’s a lot in Zaid I recognize and empathize with,I’ve seen a few of my friends/cousins(introverts with overbearing fathers) in such stifling environments.

When it comes to characters,there’s often a preference for the confident, charming, or quirky ones—be it the alphas, the cool dudes, or the goofy personalities.N the quieter, recluse,more introverted types go under the radar. Interestingly,while a goofy character’s charm often covers up any confused/gullible traits they might have n are labeled ‘cute’,the same traits in a introverted character gets labeled as ‘spineless’.Strangely enough, Zaid reminds me of Sid from “Dil Chahta Hai” - which is another fav. Character of mine.

I love how W conveys Z’s sense of detachment through his body language/demeanor and I also like how he internalizes Z’s emotions but as an admirer of his work, I only wish he had more scope/screen presence in this story. As an audience, I want to have access to Z’s thoughts,his battles,the demons haunting him-I’d like to believe that the director/writer r deliberately withholding all these as a storytelling choice n will reveal it to us in the later parts of the narrative.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I love the way Wahaj is playing Zaid. Like you said, he is introverted and a bit of a recluse. It wouldn’t make sense for him to walk around with powerful body language like Murtasim. The show has been very clear that Asif is the boss. Just because Zaid is rich, it doesn’t mean he has to come off as an alpha male. It’s so common for rich, overbearing parents to have introverted children. It feels like he’s always been the well mannered, somewhat obedient child. I think Asif used manipulation to keep him in control but since he rebelled, he is using bullying tactics of belittling him.

Wahaj’s body language as Zaid is so spot on! He keeps his head down and tries to appear busy when there are conversations going on that he doesn’t want to involve himself in. Also his nervous mannerism when his father confronted him in his office about Ayra working for the competition was so well done. He wants to defend Ayra but knows she screwed up and looked defensive yet guilty in front of his dad.

Zaid is not perfect but Wahaj is playing him well. The actions are not big though, being in line with the personality of Zaid, which is why it’s important to get his point of view whether it’s through monologues or conversations with others.

unicornhugs thumbnail

Originally posted by: arfanazneen

@bold I wanted to tell this & ask here as well. What do you think they wanted to show when Zaid comes to her room. I mean he knocks many times obvious, then goes inside. Is shy & awkward but not at all guilty to be there. Did he want to do something? Looks like they have a comfortable silence which is also imp. But why does he decide to go to her room instead of just chilling & having coffee with her in the drawing room?

I feel he initially declined the coffee, maybe just out of habit but also because he was upset about Ayra. Then I felt he realized he wanted her company but by then she was in her room. He knocks and won’t come in until she opens the door herself. He wants her full permission before coming in. As soon as she opened the door, I felt like he felt sudden surge of attraction. When he came in, he became very conscious that he was in her personal space (he was even eyeing the bed). His looks felt like he wanted to do more but refrained. His been alone with her before in her room and his own room but I felt this is the first time (at least after marriage) that he had feelings for her. It made him act a bit shy and awkward. He was clearly very attracted to her. It’s true that even through this there was a comfortability and he didn’t feel guilty at all. Even when he woke up, he seemed to comfortable. I thought he might react when Ayra woke him up but he just told her to leave 🤣 So when he told Ayra that MJ’s room is his room too, was that him acknowledging MJ as his wife too and that it’s not just contractual?
badshah_begum thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

What did Galaxy Lollywood say? Something Haute has been critical of Azekah as well.

I remember Sabeena took a lot of abuse for playing Haya in Tere Bin but she never lashed out on social media

Originally posted by: unicornhugs

I feel he initially declined the coffee, maybe just out of habit but also because he was upset about Ayra. Then I felt he realized he wanted her company but by then she was in her room. He knocks and won’t come in until she opens the door herself. He wants her full permission before coming in. As soon as she opened the door, I felt like he felt sudden surge of attraction. When he came in, he became very conscious that he was in her personal space (he was even eyeing the bed). His looks felt like he wanted to do more but refrained. His been alone with her before in her room and his own room but I felt this is the first time (at least after marriage) that he had feelings for her. It made him act a bit shy and awkward. He was clearly very attracted to her. It’s true that even through this there was a comfortability and he didn’t feel guilty at all. Even when he woke up, he seemed to comfortable. I thought he might react when Ayra woke him up but he just told her to leave 🤣 So when he told Ayra that MJ’s room is his room too, was that him acknowledging MJ as his wife too and that it’s not just contractual?

Exactly. Even I thought he would react when Ayra wakes him up but he was so casual & comfortable. Then his room too dialogue. Then in the morning he was very comfortable. Also when MJ asks him when he would visit again, his expression 🤭😂 He definitely took that as something else 😂 She had to clarify that it's coffee

Anyway he is not really going to acknowledge that he likes MJ bcz of his guilt & so called love for Ayra.

I think, yes, he is finally acknowledging her as his wife bcz he wouldn't say that it's his room too otherwise. Also he was not guilty & didn't justify about being with MJ when he goes back. Yes, he does say you only see my reactions but still. Now obviously we can't say if he regrets or tries to downplay this room thing Infront of Ayra.

No idea what they said but I feel she didn't really have to bring religious/communal thing in this..

But I get a feeling from her that she is like that..

I remember, during Dunk I think, fans asked her to do dramas with Bilal. So she was like aur kitne drame karun bilal Sahab ke saat 😂

People were criticising her for not posting pics with Sana Javed. So then she responded saying, I don't refrain from taking pics with anyone. But if that person doesn't want to take pics I can't do anything ( Though here I feel at that moment, there was lot of talk about Sana's rude & arrogant behaviour)

unicornhugs thumbnail

Originally posted by: arfanazneen

Exactly. Even I thought he would react when Ayra wakes him up but he was so casual & comfortable. Then his room too dialogue. Then in the morning he was very comfortable. Also when MJ asks him when he would visit again, his expression 🤭😂 He definitely took that as something else 😂 She had to clarify that it's coffee

Anyway he is not really going to acknowledge that he likes MJ bcz of his guilt & so called love for Ayra.

I think, yes, he is finally acknowledging her as his wife bcz he wouldn't say that it's his room too otherwise. Also he was not guilty & didn't justify about being with MJ when he goes back. Yes, he does say you only see my reactions but still. Now obviously we can't say if he regrets or tries to downplay this room thing Infront of Ayra.

Lol at the bolded part 🤭
chicksoup thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/newtopic/56?ct=6&cv=167

New thread here...

Sorry, getting used to this. Link might not come.

Just go to the forum . The thread will be there.

Lol azekah decided to lash out at these unbiased reviewers who mostly talk only about the charcters of the show in their videossmiley39

Whatever Amma is saying is absolutely right, after doing a blockbuster show like tb wahaj has been given a role where he's been paired opposite a second lead and has most scenes with her instead of the lead actress with whom he was advertised heavily since commencement of the show through ost and other various photoshoots...so people would obviously want to see what they were promised...why to take so much offence in this???

And if she really wanted to get defensive then she should have lashed out at something haute because since many episodes amna has been critising her left right and centre...is also comparing her with yumna and saying that the tie scene would have come out well if yumna would have been in her placesmiley39

anu41982 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: unicornhugs

May I add my two cents here? smiley1

When Zaid made that phone call to Mubashira to threaten her with an impending divorce, he gave it a lot of thought and used it as his last resort – he was drowned with guilt, wanted to make everything right for Ayra and her sister-in-law and he knew there is no way his father would agree to Ayra’s demand of acceptance. So, he used the only weapon he had in his arsenal – if anyone, it must be Mubashira Jaffer who could convince his father. But he was not sure that it’d work, Mubashira was not known to bend to someone’s demands that easily. So, he was clearly surprised when Asif declared that they were at Ayra’s doorstep to get them married. His look conveyed all – he was shocked, he was shooting an arrow in the dark (not in complete darkness, maybe…as he knew what she had gone through) and couldn’t really believe that she agreed with his demand. Throughout that wedding day, his looks for her were of bewilderment – she was going extra miles for him, even if it was her scheming, that was not how the Mubashira Jaffer he knew functioned. It continued till their reception night – he was partly puzzled, partly guilt conscious, partly contemplating – trying to understand, partly grateful and with time, started to appreciate her efforts. The night of their reception was the second time he willingly approached her without a request of his own, to thank her – and when Aira dragged him with her he gave in without any protest.

He was definitely softening towards Mubashira – he callously dismissed her being his wife when his father mentioned it and later, during his conversation with Ayra, accepted it – whatever it is, she is married to him. Then after their car conversation, we saw him ponder on Mubashira’s words – that she’ll be there with him, no matter what. Initially, he was reluctant to share his problems with her, but it seems that their conversation did soothe him. Amid the chaos of his life, he valued the companionable vibe she provided – still, while thinking about it, he didn’t seem happy. Whatever he had with Mubashira, he was planning to keep it compartmentalized, away from the life he thought he wanted – the life he wanted to create with the women whom he had convinced himself that he is in love with (which is debatable!). Mubashira is slowly drifting into his heart, acquiring a soft spot – I am not sure whether he is really happy with that understanding.

With that harangue done, we come to that ‘coffee request’. One thing is clear about that scene, there was no pretense from both sides – their interaction was genuine. His eyes softened and demeanor changed, almost guarded, when he saw her. Her question was softly uttered as was his answer (the softness of the tone he used while saying ‘Ayra ko lene’ was not something he used for her earlier, there was something else in there that I could not quite pinpoint, so, moving on..!). When she asked the next question, his mind had gone to somewhere else while looking at her – I wonder what he was thinking – he had to shake himself to answer her. When he dismissed her offer for coffee (which managed to dim her eyes with hurt) – it could be because he was already upset with Ayra, or it also could be because he was reluctant to accept the companionship she was willingly extending - going against which probably he knew he needed at that point. It’d have been great if they showed at least a glimpse of what went through his head, before he ended up at her doorstep. My guess is that he tried saying no to himself, but the pull of needing whatever her presence provided was stronger, so he ended up knocking her door. Agreed - there was shyness and awkwardness in his demeanor unlike previous many times they were together in a room alone, because he understood that their relationship has moved from the uncomplicated ‘contractual marriage only’ zone to somewhere else. There was definitely attraction, an unresolved intimacy that he was trying to comprehend. I am glad that Mubashira opened the door and even let Ayra barge into the room (although Ayra’s act was totally uncalled for and might I add, wrong in many ways!). Unlike the previous time when Ayra dragged him out of Mubashira’s company, he didn’t comply with her demand – that was a first, no?

But what I liked the most was Mubashira’s eyes when he declared that this room also belonged to him – it was the guest room, which is now occupied by her, by saying it is his room too, Zaid actually credited their relationship – that was a first too, right? Her eyes said it all – she didn’t really notice what Ayra said afterward, happy with the realization that Zaid refused Ayra and willingly chose to be with her. As Mubashira once said, Zaid is 'no nonsense' - he was unapologetic about waking up on her bed. They have a long way to go, but they are definitely seeking each other.

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
this. It was on her insta status, not showing now.