Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

1169321 thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: umawanderer

I don't know... When I saw it.. I really did not feel that Neil was going to fight.

Maybe I interpreted that scene as she getting out of the car but still not fighting but just to do something.

For example:

Maybe to go near the truck stealthy and get her mobile inside the truck so that they can get live location even if the goons fled before the police arrive.

And it is not like she said, "Main jaake ladke aati hoon ". So I don't exactly feel she wanted to go for a fist fight sort of situation.

I did not watch the episode today.. it was long back. But I think even Neil did not say, "Bhabhi main unse ladtha hoon..."

He said something on the lines of, "I'll do something stay here."

So how did Ak know that he was going to go for a fight?

Maybe I am not just that smart..

She wasn't just sitting and trying to think of a solution, she saw those goons manhandling girls and her impulsive decision was to go out with a dialogue - "Ye inke sath aise misbehave kaise kar sakte hain."

So going out wasn't Neil's plan and Askhara didn't really do anything solid for us to assume that she had some plan.

Editing -

Neither Neil nor Akshara behaved like smart individuals that day and as you said, the scene wasn't written to show them as heroes, that's why these theories.

Many shows have tracks like these but in the end, there's an outcome of this impulsive decision if Akshara or Neil were able to protect those girls, we'd understand it but they didn't. Police arrived on time and did their job, what did they achieve by going out?

The conclusion wasn't heroic for Askhara and didn't justify someone losing their lives to save those girls, ultimately even you watched it and felt that their actions were stupid 🤷‍♀️

We keep saying that they could have waited in the car

Edited by NoraSM - 1 years ago
umawanderer thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Team Neutrals

Originally posted by: DevilHere

Bas aisi hi toh akal lgani thi Ak and Neil ko USS din

Be stealthy tire puncture krdo, keep following them stealthily but dono ko herogiri dikhani thi without thinking they were outnumbered

That is what I am saying.. We don't know why Ak was trying to get out. Maybe she was just opening the door on instinct, or had a non violent way of stalling them.

But as long as I remember she did not say, "I will do kung fu on them."

So why are everyone assuming she was going to fight?

And Neil could also have done some thinking instead of going just like that. Akkal usne nahi lagaya.. toh Ak par dosh kyun?

And Neil also did not communicate that he was just going to fight. He said aap yaha andar rahiye.. I'll do something.

Ak ko Sapne thodi aayega ki he wanted to play street fighter with them🤣🤣

shahsb_26 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail + 8

I don't know... When I saw it.. I really did not feel that Neil was going to fight.

Maybe I interpreted that scene as she getting out of the car but still not fighting but just to do something.

For example:

Maybe to go near the truck stealthy and get her mobile inside the truck so that they can get live location even if the goons fled before the police arrive.

And it is not like she said, "Main jaake ladke aati hoon ". So I don't exactly feel she wanted to go for a fist fight sort of situation.

I did not watch the episode today.. it was long back. But I think even Neil did not say, "Bhabhi main unse ladtha hoon..."

He said something on the lines of, "I'll do something stay here."

So how did Ak know that he was going to go for a fight?

Maybe I am not just that smart..

Unfortunately, I just watched it today....

Here is the clip...

https://twitter.com/readercentric/status/1680175197419360256?t=phWLW1ZP6EKOqS4eJ7HHQQ&s=19

MysticFlare thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I really enjoyed your post! It's much more entertaining than the actual episode, which was quite overhyped and messy. Based on what I saw, Neil voluntarily took on the goons. Ultimately, it was his own individual choice and decision to confront the goons and he should have thought of the risks and dangers.

verve thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Disclaimer: This is my view after seeing that stupid episode 2 times...after binge-watching the stupidly executed pregnancy track. So, I had zero reason to be even a little bit emotional during that episode. And the episode was so fast as though it was Rajdhani Express or something. And also hammy execution. Yeah... So These are just my views. Also Thank god I can finally talk about this... Was holding back for long time.

Uma great post smiley32 the kinda I was searching for these past days and wasn't finding any.

Your explanation was fun n hilarious smiley36 and I'm glad that I got a smile while reading a post on the infamous WD, rather than the usual headache.

(Apart from yours there are v.few other posts givin a sane, bit practical and emotional perspectives on that episode that I liked reading. Otherwise I quickly scroll thru the post as soon as I see the two alphabets W & D coming in proximity of eo 😅).

That being said, it couldn't have been worded better that this episode, or for that matter this whole show.. (I'm gonna use other reference bcos Marvel is just churning popularity these days smiley39) is no Peaky Blinders or House of the Dragon that each scene/dialogue is dissected in ten different ways & posts after posts are dedicated to the same thing.. especially since the perspective of everyone (including me) is set n clear to others by now, there's no pt. left in even calling it a discussion.. it's plainly either supporting or arguing now smiley29

PS also wanna add.. it's not just this episode.. but since I started watchin regularly.. the direction, screenplay, dialogues, editing everything is plain average or bad, except in few scenes. There's no effin consistency & most of the times most of the ckts are nothing but trollworthy smiley36

Since I've clearly written an essay.. just wanna conclude by sayin that keep makin such posts to break the monotony here smiley9

DevilHere thumbnail
Atrangi re Season 2 Participant 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

YRKKH Fans

That is what I am saying.. We don't know why Ak was trying to get out. Maybe she was just opening the door on instinct, or had a non violent way of stalling them.

But as long as I remember she did not say, "I will do kung fu on them."

So why are everyone assuming she was going to fight?

And Neil could also have done some thinking instead of going just like that. Akkal usne nahi lagaya.. toh Ak par dosh kyun?

And Neil also did not communicate that he was just going to fight. He said aap yaha andar rahiye.. I'll do something.

Ak ko Sapne thodi aayega ki he wanted to play street fighter with them🤣🤣

Yeh aap thode zyada dialogue nhi demand kr rhi considering how rushed the whole sequence was , usually if u wanna be street smart like that u don't directly go for the door in ITV u tell ur partner what u r gonna go plan and execute,

If she didn't say I'll fight she didn't say I'm gonna do something else

It was a impulsive decision seeing the goons hoarding the girls

Nd usual impulsive reaction r brawl not brain

So I'm gonna assume they both were plenty clear about going out nd doing kung fu

umawanderer thumbnail

Team Neutrals

Originally posted by: NoraSM

She wasn't just sitting and trying to think of a solution, she saw those goons manhandling girls and her impulsive decision was to go out with a dialogue - "Ye inke sath aise misbehave kaise kar sakte hain."

So going out wasn't Neil's plan and Askhara didn't really do anything solid for us to assume that she had some plan.

Editing -

Neither Neil nor Akshara behaved like smart individuals that day and as you said, the scene wasn't written to show them as heroes, that's why these theories.

Many shows have tracks like these but in the end, there's an outcome of this impulsive decision if Akshara or Neil were able to protect those girls, we'd understand it but they didn't. Police arrived on time and did their job, what did they achieve by going out?

The conclusion wasn't heroic for Askhara and didn't justify someone losing their lives to save those girls, ultimately even you watched it and felt that their actions were stupid 🤷‍♀️

We keep saying that they could have waited in the car

@bold: I know, I totally feel that she might not have plan...just like i felt that She did not want to fight. It was just a scene of like 5-10 sec... I really cannot think about it much.

@Italics: Everyone agrees to it. Ak and Neil were pretty stupid. Mainly because of the stupid execution, we have no idea what was going on in their brains.

@underline: Hmmm... to be fair... i think every character in thos show is stupid.. Ak, AbhiM, Nav... every adult kinda feel stupids.. who just can't think like adults. So there was nothing diffferent.

But this arguments come from blaming only Ak for Neil's death.

I would give Neil 98%... I decided to give 1% to the goons who worked really hard and the other 1% to Akshara for her emotional manipulation (if any) but mostly for her stupidity.

umawanderer thumbnail

Team Neutrals

I replied about it to someone in thread just now, (sorry can't remember usename)

Sejal,

See this is like 5-10 sec clip, where I really cannot fathom what she was going to do after getting out of he car. But it was not felt that she would do Kung fu. ok now i'll change it into taekwondo...

Maybe she wanted to fight... maybe she had another plan.. Who knows? It is just 5 sec.

And you don't say sabhl ke jana to a person who would enter into a street level Jeet Kune do with some random gangsters.

Ak dialogues or her calmness around the fact that her brother in law wanted to do Karate with them makes me feel she did not get the memo of his decision to do Kalaripayttu with thugs.

crammed all the martial arts I know in this answer... you know... fun

Edited by umawanderer - 1 years ago

Disclaimer: This is my view after seeing that stupid episode 2 times...after binge-watching the stupidly executed pregnancy track. So, I had zero reason to be even a little bit emotional during that episode. And the episode was so fast as though it was Rajdhani Express or something. And also hammy execution. Yeah... So These are just my views. Also Thank god I can finally talk about this... Was holding back for long time.

One more thing. Because this show was never that important for me.. nor were the characters.. so this post may have many jokes. So people who were too attached and was emotional during that episode, if you feel you would not be able to handle the jokes... You can skip this post.

Official beginning of speech:

Ok... This is how I saw the half episode: (BTW Neil's death was only in the second half.. not a full episode. First half was some random things. More on that later)

Ak hears about the kids being in danger. Then she calls Abhi who was in Jaipur doing surgery. (I have no idea why she did that. I think Neil called the police station.. why Abhi? What would have Abhi done? Heh.. logic..) Then one kid promptly does a video call and gets caught. This was where she asks the famous "Tum mere jagah pe hote to kya karthe? Main wohi karoongi?" Neil goes... we are going to be parents.. blah blah blah.. and only then, they drive towards the most public mass kidnapping ever (Seriously.. they were not even trying to hide the fact that were doing something illegal... Why did this serial run for 14 years again?)

Let me pause here. Ak and Neil were not in any immediate danger. They were not in the vicinity of goons. They were planning to only go to a dangerous place. I know it sounds the same. but they were not being emotionally manipulated to 'go' there. In their mind, they were still safe. They were not under stress that they would die. They were worried about the kids. They were still not planning to 'fight' the goons. they didn't even have any plan. They were just thinking about going there. Neil asks Ak about her cramps. He was asking about her and her babies 'health'. She also answers about health. This makes me feel that they both didn't think about the mortal danger part of it.. until they saw the public human traffickers.

Continuing the episode:

Then they call Manish Goenka to call some IG or someone. Manish says the police would arrive. They arrive at the place. See the villains doing their job as if they are doing a freaking talent show in high school. Manish or the police says the Police will be late. Then they both panic. Then I think Ak says something about stalling them for some time. Neil says something along the lines of "Bhabhi I will do something.. ".

Pausing again.

Here, Ak did NOT ask him to go out and fight. She was trying to think of a way to stall them. Neil was the one who came up with this plan all by himself. When Neil does the Lakshman Rekha thing also Ak did not know what he was going to do. She asked what and he replied like just trust me. I swear I did not predict what was going to happen.

Continuing

Neil gets out. And goes to the goons who were casually tying a few girls and putting them on a truck... that too on a road.. that too in broad daylight...without any care in the world. Seriously, this episode gives me a headache whenever I remember it... Why couldn't the director take it a little bit more seriously?

Neil goes and asks, "Hey! What are you doing?"

Pausing again...

I swear I couldn't help but laugh at this. Because of the overhype it received, I thought Neil's death was because of something huge. A big careless mistake from Akshara. I was ready with anticipation. I did not expect him to do an impression of Isabella from Phineas and Ferb

Continuing.

One lone man asks 4 goons what they were doing when clearly they did not leave any room for misunderstandings about what they were doing. Clearly more than angry they would have been plainly offended. 🤣

Akshara had this look that clearly said, "What the heck?" Her look itself says that she did not even think for a second that THIS was the GREAT plan.

The goons obviously beat him up. Ak calls Parth and Kairav as if they can help... seriously what is up with calling people who have no authority or superpowers?

Someone tries to stab him. Akshara drives a car to save him. Front and reverse. Then I think, the goons took a rest or something because of the whole beating Neil and getting driven over by a car thing. But for a few minutes, they were just not in the frames. Ak gets out of the car. She tries to take Neil to the car. He asks to save the girls. Then the goons after proper rest came back and Ak and Neil did Kung Fu. Then, Someone was going to hit Ak with a rod, and Ak pleads with them not to because that always works.. totally... Everyone should do that.

Police come and shoot the guy... Neil falls and Ak screams "Neil!!!"

Now... My review:

See... this could have been really a nice episode if it was given some time. What I wrote was only about Neil's death. What I omitted was the first half which had the following things:

1. Ak teaching kids through video calls.
  2. Manjiri looked weirdly at her when she was teaching and goes to the temple with Arohi.
  3. AbhiM and Mahima talking about Birla Kids and their bonds.❤️
  4. Something about AbhiM ordering a watch or something for Neil.
  5. Akshara getting cramps.
  6. Neil offering her to take her to a clinic where her gynecologist could come.
  7. AbhiM doing the surgery of the younger brother of someone. Mahima talks about the elder brother treating his younger brother like his child.
  8. Ak says a dramatic 'sorry' to AbhiM for crossing the Lakshman Rekha of the bedroom.
  9. The Gynac tells Ak that cramps are normal. Chill.
  10. Ak and Neil planning to return and then the call comes.

And it was not as if Neil's death took place in the second half also properly.

We had.

1. Shefali worrying about Ak
  2. Manjiri and Arohi returning from the temple and getting to know about Ak's cramps from Shefali.
  3. Manjiri getting worried.
  4. Arohi calling Neil and getting to know that Ak and the kids are fine and also that they were going to the concert.
  5. Manjiri getting all angry and blaming random things.
  6. AbhiM completes the surgery and thinks to call Ak.
  7. He sees the missed calls and tries to call them.
  8. Then AbhiM will have this conversation with the patient's elder brother which reeks of foreshadowing a mile away.
  9. The ominous heralding and totally hammy "Bless my younger brother whom I treat like my own child" scene.

Then Neil falls. Ak screams.

The end.

So in an episode of 22 minutes approximately. We have 12 in the first half. 5-6 min AbhiM and Manjiri scenes cutting in. So The whole Neil death track is only 6 minutes max. Think about it.

Ok, Neil dies in hospital in the following episodes. But this is the official, 'Death'. The Birla hospital didn't do much other than bandage him and change him into cleaner clothes. Anyway, he didn't have any major dialogue other than the 'wada' scene. He dies asking for the promise from Ak And AbhiM later.. but this is the episode where he officially starts to die.

Why the heck was this episode directed this way? It was so rushed and so congested with scenes. The next episode went somewhat ok. AbhiM and Everyone were sad. But this episode didn't give a breathing time. It was all a blur. And I don't know why. They could have made this two-parter. Gave some focus on Neil. But nope. They had to cut scenes with AbhiM harbingering scenes and Manjiri blaming scenes. The way they executed was also not exactly much. The plan was stupid. The goons were stupid. And because it was so rushed you couldn't exactly feel anything. The first half itself could have been one episode. Then the focus in the second half would have been proper.

If Ak was hyper, Neil was also stupid. He was also not in a sane mindset. For everyone who goes about emotional manipulation, all I want to ask them is, "When was the time for that?"

We know it is max 6 min thing

1 minute for panicking from both idiots and the video call.

1 minute to call others and decide to go there.

1/2 minute for Neil doing the Lakshman duty.

1 minute for Neil doing the Isabella thing and fighting the goons

1 minute for Ak to recreate that scene from the 'Karz' movie with Simi Garewal and Raj Kiran.

1/2 minute break for goons. Ak comes to Neil and helps the girls come down the truck.

1 minute of goons returning from the tea break and fighting and the Police comes in the end.

Honestly, the way it was executed, this episode doesn't require this much discussion. But here we are... discussing this episode like it is a Marvel series with easter eggs hidden in the background.

Next.. I will be doing Q&A session...

P.S.: Sejal... clearly I am doing this you and many like you.. who did not go through the torture of watching the episodes. And mostly because I want to write about it and I have time..

Superb post Uma ❤️❤️❤️ haaa haa this was the most hilarious take on the episode 😂😂😂 we really need this in all serious discussions going on

shahsb_26 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail + 8

I replied about it to someone in thread just now, (sorry can't remember usename)

Sejal,

See this is like 5-10 sec clip, where I really cannot fanthom what she was going to do after getting out of he car. But it was not felt that she would do Kung fu. ok now i'll change it into taekwondo...

Maybe she wanted to fight... maybe she had another plan.. Who knows? It is just 5 sec.

And you don't se sabhl ke jana to a person who would enter into a street level Jeet Kune do with some random gangsters.

Ak dialogues or her calmness around the fact that her brother in law wanted to do Karate with them makes me feel she did not get the memo of his decision to do Kalaripayttu with thugs.

crammed all the martial arts I know in this answer... you know... fun

🤣

I know what you mean... And your perspective makes way more sense than me assuming (like everyone else) her plan too was to do Kung fu taekwondo.

But yes, she may have had different plan like doing chit chat and flirting with goons to just delay them from action... 🤣 I wonder if makers will ever ever reveal original plan of Neil, Akshu et al.

Neil just said.. Mein unn ladkiyo ko kuch nai hone dunga...