Who will expose Savi to Arjun? (Piratīçā Vanavā Urī Peṭalā) - Page 15

Poll

Who will reveal to Arjun that Savitri Ganesh Çorage is a fraud?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rainbow_colours thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 months ago

Originally posted by: BrhannadaArmour

The slumming by Arjun and Savi gets more absurd. After accepting the used fridge that Varsha pretended she didn't need, Savi asked Mala to help her find a job doing menial housework. Savi thought that Arjun was willing to shine Bhaiyu's shoes for Rs. 500.

Has Savi forgotten that Kavathe-Bhairavgad has a beauty parlour, where Nanda and Shali go? Why doesn't she look for work there?

Has she forgotten that Dipu Māmā and Çamaki missed most of her wedding because they found Sahil on a movie set? The entertainment industry might have work for a beautician.

@BrhannadaArmour..... this is exactly my point... when both Arjun and Saavi can get jobs as per their qualification/experience then why are they doing labour oriented jobs ?

As an audience i find it completely absurd and off track. We are not in the 60s where getting a job was difficult.

But according to your response above an actor would want to hone his/her acting skills by portraying different characters... hmmmm.....   not sold to that wrt doing labour work.

I liked the angry young man bashing up the goons..... now that was interesting and Indraneil's expressions were good ! 

Looks like Arjun does not want to use any money from his account since that was the 'Kavthekar' money. And he doesn't feel he has any right over it anymore.

Wonder when Saavi will find out her legal status....and the way this is going looks like Vidya will plan another attempt on Arjun.

I thought it was out of character for Shali to push Krishna'i so that she stumbled forward. Shali has never been physically aggressive or intimidating.

Even Shali putting her hands on Krishna'i to prompt her past Savi and back to the car was a bit more than I expected. Balaram would have told Shali not to allow Krishna'i to talk to Arjun and Savi, and Shali would obey him despite not knowing why. Are we supposed to believe that Balaram told Shali that he gave Krishna'i a death threat, and Krishna'i is acting against her will?

When a daily drama has multiple antagonistic characters, they shouldn't become interchangeable.

I liked the first scene of Arjun (in his nightwear) at the job interview with Mahambare. Both actors' body language and voices were perfect for the awkwardness. However, when Mahambare's advertisement was for "clerk, śipāī, helper, safāī kāmagāra," how could he only have a peon's uniform to offer Arjun?

Likewise, how can cowdung-smearing be the only job available to Savi? Aptly, this idea came right after Mala's vulgar expression, toṇḍāta śeṇa ghālatīla, told us what the creative team thinks of their own story.

So Arjun answered my question in yesterdays episode as to why he was doing trivial jobs with such a good qualification.

Would like to see what happens to Arjuns emotional state when he comes to know of his 'dada's' betrayal....the main villain stabbing on his back again n again.

Rasika is doing a brilliant job with her acting.... way to go girl !

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Originally posted by: rainbow_colours

So Arjun answered my question in yesterdays episode as to why he was doing trivial jobs with such a good qualification.

Would like to see what happens to Arjuns emotional state when he comes to know of his 'dada's' betrayal....the main villain stabbing on his back again n again.

Rasika is doing a brilliant job with her acting.... way to go girl !

what's his answer? Haven't watched since last week 

@satrangi_curls..... Arjun gets his new peon uniform and sees a small Ganesha mandir. Prays to god for the new beginning and also mentions that he could have got a more deserving job in a bigger city but only bcoz of his word to his dada that he will not leave Bhairavgad he has accepted this peon job and also he doesn't think of any job as high or low.

Am glad that the writers are considering their viewers pov also..... 

Posted: 4 months ago

Multiple characters' actions make no sense now. I simply cannot find their motivation to behave as they do.

Krishna'i's excuse for banishing Arjun and speaking harshly to him is that she fears for his life. She has forgotten how easily she sent Balaram and Vishvambhar to jail before, and she refuses to accept help from Priya or Mona who can tell that she's worried for Arjun. Even with Vidyadhar's life being threatened twice, even after Balaram's broken arm tells her that Arjun isn't safe from attacks, Krishna'i goes on submitting to blackmail as if Arjun's life depends on it.

The moment when Saudagar was caught trying to whack Arjun with a stone wedge, it should have been easy to convince the whole town that Balaram and Vishvambhar are threatening Arjun's life, and they must go to jail. What on earth is Krishna'i's motivation to keep quiet even after that?

Arjun has realized that Krishna'i calling out his name after he touched her feet, and coming to visit him, means that Krishna'i loves him despite her mistreatment of him. Then why isn't Arjun expressing the concern that someone is threatening his beloved mother Krishna'i to make her act against her will? Arjun's blood should be boiling to protect Krishna'i from her fear, not from mere words spoken by Savi.

The slapping scene lacked a proper buildup. Arjun stood there while Savi declared that his and her regard for Krishna'i was in the past ... no protest ... that Krishna'i didn't deserve to be loved by anyone ... no gut reaction ... that everything was Krishna'i's fault ... suddenly Arjun slapped Savi and his shoulders began to heave with rage!

Instead, if Savi had taken a few furious steps towards Krishna'i, maybe used a cuss word or two, and Arjun had been trying to pull her back because he could see Krishna'i's distress, the slap would have worked as the climax of the scene.

Arjun's claim that he never raises his hand against a woman, but the slap was a reflex reaction, wasn't convincing due to what happened in the slapping scene. I wonder if the creative team remembers Arjun's words after Savi slapped him for snatching her oḍhaṇī during Hoḷī: there's an interval between action and reaction. Does pouring gomūtra on Nanda's head count as violence against a woman?

By the way, the disclaimer against laiṅgika hiṃsā that appeared during the slap was inappropriate. Arjun slapping Savi was not laiṅgika hiṃsā = violence of a sexual nature; it was violence between spouses. These two types of offenses should not be conflated to give the idea that sexual violence is any violence with a female victim.

Two more characters whose motivations make no sense are Sharada and Vidyadhar. How could Vidyadhar predict that when he said, "This looks bad," Sharada would confess a secret that is much worse? And how could Sharada prove him right?

How would any reasonable person respond to this objection: "We cannot propose marriage to your daughter Savi because no one could tell me anything about your daughter's father. What does he do? Where does he live?"

a) Lie for sympathy. "He was a taxi driver named Anil Waghmare. He disappeared just before I gave birth to Savi. He would never have left me willingly."

b) Reveal nothing. "Circumstances beyond our control are better left unspoken, but Savi has built her own reputation and any family would be lucky to have her."

c) Tell the truth. "Savi's rich grandfather was ashamed of her birth to his unwed daughter from an unnamed father. Now you'll accept her, right?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjlHpkgNN5A

Sharada has hidden the truth of Savi's parentage even from Dipu and Savi herself for 28.5 long years. (The producers used Indraneil Kamat's birthdate of 27 July on Balya Bailat's birth certificate, but changed the year from 1998 in real life to 1995 in fiction.) Suddenly, a stranger knocks on Sharada's door, calling himself Mandar Kapure with a marriage proposal for his brother Kedar. Without asking anything about Kedar - what does he do; has Savi met him, or even seen each other in a crowd; can she see a photo? - Sharada decides that she owes this stranger the truth.

Why are Vidyadhar's facial expressions excited about Savi being the Khopade heir? Instead of confirming that the baby was murdered, or never finding out who could claim the property, how is it good for Vidyadhar that the heir is Savi, who is favoured by Krishna'i and married to Arjun? Although Vidyadhar has posed as Savi's well-wisher, he's blatantly not offering any help while Arjun toils in poverty. How long does Vidyadhar have left before Savi figures out (or learns from Pankaj) that Vidyadhar was framing her for the hit on Arjun?

Edited to add: If Vidyadhar wanted to interrogate Sharada without being caught by Dipu, why didn't Vidyadhar simply call Dipu and give him a reason to leave? For example, if Dipu were to find out that Savi is living in poverty with Arjun, wouldn't he head straight back to Kavathe-Bhairavgad, giving Vidyadhar plenty of time to win Sharada's trust?

Edited by BrhannadaArmour - 4 months ago

Instead of telling Sharada that her son-in-law is good and reasonable, it would have been natural for Savi to say, "I married the man who helped you in Mumbai, just as you dreamed I would. When he told you that he came to Someshwar with his wife Savitri, he was referring to me."

Anyway, Sharada is in denial of reality even though Savi has told her she's not joking. I can't suspend disbelief while the creative team drags out this plot point with no end in sight.

Savi is behaving as if Mother Māulī's nagging her to get married was the only reason to reveal her secret marriage, and Arjun not forgiving her for trying to cheat him is an excuse to go on lying to Mother Māulī. Doesn't Savi have her own reasons to want to confess?

First of all, Vishvambhar has threatened Mother Māulī's life a few times, and now he's out of jail and in control of the Kavathekar property. He might want revenge for Savi always getting in the way of his and Balaram's attempts on Arjun's life. Sharada deserves to know that she has enemies.

Second, Sharada could easily find out from someone else that her daughter is a criminal. Inspector Golamade is still investigating the murder attempt, right? Nanda could find out Sharada's address and visit her just to be cruel to Savi.

Savi may not feel any guilt about robbing people, except that it would make Mother Māulī ashamed of her and Dipu Māmā, but Savi should feel guilty that she has a new life that completely excludes Mother Māulī. More than wanting Mother Māulī to see her happy, Savi should want Mother Māulī to know about the people who are important to her now: Arjun, Priya, Pankaj, Vidyadhar, Phadake, Krishna'i, Mona, Mala ...

Fourth, isn't Savi curious about Mother Māulī's fear of Kavathe-Bhairavgad, Mother Māulī's birth there, how she knows Pradip, did she knit the sweater in Bhima'i's room, or what happened to Savi's father?

There's no dramatic tension in Savi finding another excuse to procrastinate. This should be a conflict between Savi's sense of urgency and her apprehension of Mother Māulī's reaction.

At the end of Wednesday's episode, Savi wanted to take two steps back, while Arjun thought that the busy signal from Savi's phone meant that she didn't want to talk to him. Maybe Savi will head back to Kavathe-Bhairavgad at the same time that Arjun heads to Sharada's house. Then Sharada will tell Dipu that "Vidyadhar was here," and Dipu will tell Savi. Savi, failing to connect Dipu's news with her own deception of Sharada - telling her that the man who helped her in Mumbai is named Vidyadhar, not Arjun - will mention it to Vidyadhar. Thinking that Dipu caught sight of him at Sharada's house, found out about his conversations with Sharada, and told Savi that he was masquerading with a marriage proposal to fish out the secret of Savi's parentage, Vidyadhar will slip up and Savi will learn that she's Bhima'i's child.

I guess Shyamal (who was last seen in jail where Arjun left her) won't be romancing Dipu anytime soon. The actress is now playing Malati, a villain and grandmother on Sony Marathi's Niveditā Mājhī Tāī.

Does anyone know her name? (edited to add: Anupama Takmoge)

Throughout the year 2023, subplots were teased but never developed for supporting characters. Did Çamaki only get one occasion to dance, at the wedding saṃgīta? Nothing came of Savi telling Sharada that Arjun's name is Vidyadhar. Whenever Savi visited Sharada, she didn't meet Ballal Gurujī whom she is supposed to respect. Inspector Golamade visited Āpalaṃ Ghara, but his investigation hasn't been mentioned in a while.

Edited by BrhannadaArmour - 3 months ago
Posted: 3 months ago

On Thursday's episode, Arjun completed Savi's rhyme.

Savi:

माझा पतिदेव

माझ्या कुंकवाचा वाली

माझ्या सौभाग्याचं लेणं

माझा सात जन्मांचा साथीदार

माझा श्वास

माझा ध्यास

माझी आस

Arjun:

बस!

This was better comedy than Çamaki hitting Pankaj in the face with her bag, or Pankaj thinking that Arjun was announcing a pregnancy with peḍhe. And even those not-funny scenes were better than Wednesday's episode's laughable-not-enjoyable scenes of Vishvambhar suddenly chattering with fear because Krishna'i tried to stand up to him.

The story seems to be going in all directions at once ... Vidyadhar found the heir ... Manali wants Arjun ... the factory has alienated its sugarcane suppliers and the workers are protesting for justice for Phadake ... the cooperative is holding an election ... Arjun has an unspecified new job ... Yet there's no progress in Savi's confession to Sharada, a conflict that was set up a year ago!

Savi's own relationships with Mother Māulī, Paras, and Ballal Gurujī, even with Dipu Māmā, are all but forgotten while she plays cheerleader for Arjun.

Chinmay Mandlekar's earlier show Jīva Zhālā Yeḍāpisā had this problem too. Siddhi spent all of her time analyzing Shiva, and accomplished nothing in her own life. Siddhi stood first in a French exam, but never used her skills for anything but reading and teaching Sonal ... Siddhi exposed Ātyābāī to the poorest women's problems, but never tried to solve them ... Every time the possibility of Siddhi getting a job was mentioned, she didn't, until she won an election with no platform, just by parading herself as educated.

At least Arjun's election is an opportunity to resolve the five-times-dropped plot point of the power plant land owned by Bhaiyu.

Posted: 3 months ago

On Saturday's show, the most superstitious character Mona was written as the rational voice! Mona told Krishna'i not to believe the prophecy because the well's water is controlled by nature.

Then, when Arjun happened to arrive within sight of the well, Krishna'i insisted that Namya and the other farmer should check right then whether the well got water. The prophecy was never about the real heir's proximity to the well! The well supposedly got water because the real heir claimed his right to hoist the flag, and it dried up as soon as Arjun was disinherited. Krishna'i is just making up her own prophecies now!

Instead of Mona behaving out of character and Krishna'i performing a meaningless observation, the scene could have been more powerful if Mona had urged Krishna'i to resolve her doubt with an experiment:

1. Make sure the well is dry.

2. Tell Arjun he's your son and heir and always will be.

3. Check the well for water.

4. Conclude that the dry well means that Arjun isn't the heir.