Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nightingale1234 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

#MeeraSim (Tere Bin)

Posted: 6 months ago

Originally posted by: tgota92

Doesn’t matter now. I think everyone who loved them in Tere Bin kind of checked out that show too :) but it’s not everyone’s cup of tea since it’s quite dark and gloomy. But it was also critically acclaimed. Wahaj came a lot later though which annoyed me but Jimmy was worth the wait 👍🏼

I think that was the beauty of the show.. I loved how they showed rakhi n Jimmy's childhood story and then the ways they were reconnected and unknowingly Jimmy became her knight in shining armour...smiley27

It was brilliant

Arreyaar thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Atrangi re Season 2 Participant 0 Thumbnail + 7

Neutral Nomads

Originally posted by: nightingale1234

DNUTN was brilliant.. Brilliant cast, brilliant story and execution..

No doubt wahaj was awesome in JBG too. I didn't like JBG because it was factually incorrect and they tried to alleviate their country's doing.. I think it's understandable and every country does that,but i didn't like it though performances were commendable..

I was only talking about his acting and from where he was starting to get noticed. DNUTN -
The principal photography of the series began in late 2019 in Lahore but was halted in March 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The shooting then resumed in October 2020. The serial was rejected by three mainstream channels in the country and consequently aired on TV One. (I guess DNUTN was shot before Jo bichar gaye and wahaj worked with full dedication and passion for this one that’s why he recommended jo bichar gaye to his audience.)
moosewithagoose thumbnail

Sajal Aly

Originally posted by: Witchofthewest

Wahaj first proved his work of excellence in jo bichar gaye.He was good in both DNTUN and Jo bichar gaye. He claimed his mark from Rumi’s character. https://x.com/khoya_hua/status/1729483066044043290?s=20

The OGs know him since Ehed e wafa..smiley2

Arreyaar thumbnail

Neutral Nomads

Originally posted by: moosewithagoose

The OGs know him since Ehed e wafa..smiley2

I knew him but tab wahaj ki acting mai dum nahi thasmiley36 pasand to tab bhi tha.

It's really hard to get Bharat Ratna . I think only film personality who has recieved Bharat Ratna till now is satyajit ray.. They created ratna awards with respect to states and i have seen actors getting those..Bharat Ratna only few have received.. Lata mangeshkar, tagore, bhimsen joshi, Ravishankar ,kalam, Sachin etc who have done exceptional work in their field have recieved that...

There were rumours that Amitabh bachchan will recieve it, but somehow that rumour died down later on...

civil awards are handed by the government which is stable in India whereas in Pakistan less said about political upheavals the better. Not to mention military involvement in everything. It’s a mess. Especially in today’s climate where a certain popular leader is in jail, the distribution of awards by this proxy government raises a lot of questions - who is receiving them and why. So the disillusionment is there. People think that the Pakistani audience is being unfair to Sajal in the comments when the truth is they actually don’t trust the government handing these out.

So it’s nothing like how it is in India. It’s an honor yes but it raises eyebrows too which I don’t think happens in India.

https://x.com/putterchuttiker/status/1771483740218269955?s=46

I can’t believe they were like this while giving us the ultimate PTV thirst trap moment 🥵

Arreyaar thumbnail

Neutral Nomads

To shade an award ceremony just because an actress received a government award is appalling. The awards which were handed out in other fields were also looked at with suspicion? I guess , NO! It is very convenient to put negativity in disguise of positivity these days.

#MeeraSim (Tere Bin)

She didn't criticize Sajal or any award recipient here. There's no need to attack her for simply discussing the differences between civilian awards in India and Pakistan. She merely highlighted the political turmoil in Pakistan, where even deserving candidates face credibility issues. The problem lies in the negativity of some people here, who portray any unintentional discussion as shading.

Arreyaar thumbnail

Neutral Nomads

She didn't criticize Sajal or any award recipient here. There's no need to attack her for simply discussing the differences between civilian awards in India and Pakistan. She merely highlighted the political turmoil in Pakistan, where even deserving candidates face credibility issues. The problem lies in the negativity of some people here, who portray any unintentional discussion as shading.

smiley36 First of all please let me know what attacking means? She should claim credibility issues if others received too. Why selectively pointing that out. If she has problem she can discuss that with me but I guess she is happy in blocking and moving on so why are you concerned also, my statement was nowhere near an attack. This will be my last reply to this.

#MeeraSim (Tere Bin)

Originally posted by: tgota92

civil awards are handed by the government which is stable in India whereas in Pakistan less said about political upheavals the better. Not to mention military involvement in everything. It’s a mess. Especially in today’s climate where a certain popular leader is in jail, the distribution of awards by this proxy government raises a lot of questions - who is receiving them and why. So the disillusionment is there. People think that the Pakistani audience is being unfair to Sajal in the comments when the truth is they actually don’t trust the government handing these out.

So it’s nothing like how it is in India. It’s an honor yes but it raises eyebrows too which I don’t think happens in India.

Even in India, controversies have arisen on numerous occasions. Take for example when Nehru received the Bharat Ratna award; accusations of lobbying emerged, with some even jokingly suggesting he awarded it to himself. Similarly, the Padma Shri awards consistently face scrutiny, with both supporters and critics voicing their opinions.

Every year, there's a political tug-of-war over the Bharat Ratna between the Congress and BJP(two prominent political parties in India).