Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 7 months ago

Originally posted by: tgota92

In the other thread, I read you said you haven’t even seen Tere Bin and don’t plan to? I’ve seen both IPKKND and Tere Bin. And you have to judge based on its entirety.

They’re both problematic shows but extremely watchable and loveable because of the leads. Not to mention they are iconic and global hits. And no need to feel guilty about either of them - it’s just fiction. Sometimes two very flawed people can be perfect for each other and that’s the point 🤷‍♀️ As long as you acknowledge the flaws

In terms of originality, the premise is original because the world they created - despite being seen before - subverts expectations. I’ve never seen a feudal lord like Murtasim before. Likewise, an adopted girls trauma that’s depicted by Meerab. Which she takes into her marriage. I even found the villains except one memorable. The story has its flaws but whenever I’ve seen a feudal story it was toxic as hell. So Tere Bin defied a lot of that toxicity. Murtasim defied a lot of it. I enjoyed these differences . And I have never ever seen a PTV drama where a woman continuously rebels against the trauma of a forced marriage. Despite how kind her husband is. In the drama, because of how patient Murtasim is with her, you expect Meerab to accept him. But she resists. I found that refreshing. And the theme of forced marriages and its long repercussions is stressed through the other two female characters as well. I love it.

I don't feel guilty about IPKKND.Though I watched it, wasn't really fond of the drama.I was very young at that time,so watched it aise hi.I was referring to Kuch Rang Pyar Ke Aise Bhi.I am kind of guilty of rooting for the onscreen couple even after the ML did some problematic stuff.What you said is how I pacify myselfsmiley36 that it is fiction at the end of the day.As for Tere Bin,I am aware of the feudal lord thing and some other things you have mentioned.That is why I said that some things here and there are different.But otherwise,I felt it was nothing different from the usual ITV shows.Maybe we can agree to disagree or I have to watch the show to see if it changes my opinion.

Originally posted by: Kittykatkit

I kinda want to see Drashti as meerab but she seems past itv. If Karan Singh Grover still did tv those two as meerab and murtasim would bring the hype and chemistry

The good actors have already moved on to movies & OTT.

Drashti would have been a great choice for Meerab, even KSG for Murtasim.

Originally posted by: G259

I don't feel guilty about IPKKND.Though I watched it, wasn't really fond of the drama.I was very young at that time,so watched it aise hi.I was referring to Kuch Rang Pyar Ke Aise Bhi.I am kind of guilty of rooting for the onscreen couple even after the ML did some problematic stuff.What you said is how I pacify myselfsmiley36 that it is fiction at the end of the day.As for Tere Bin,I am aware of the feudal lord thing and some other things you have mentioned.That is why I said that some things here and there are different.But otherwise,I felt it was nothing different from the usual ITV shows.Maybe we can agree to disagree or I have to watch the show to see if it changes my opinion.

Of course my reply to this is (obviously) going to be a recommendation to watch it and judge for yourself 😉 Because of its popularity and it not having angelic lead characters, you’ll find about a dozen different opinions about it online or through reels. If you ever feel like watching it, that would be the best judgement once you’re done. It seemed typical to me too at first but after they got married, the tables turned on me 😂 And that’s what the writer said she intended to do. You have one perception of Murtasim, but then he subverts expectations all the time. It was so different. Would have been the easiest thing in the world to make him that typical strict feudal husband. But he’s kind, understanding, sincere and loyal. And so so patient despite having serious anger issues. And Meerab just breaks my heart - I feel her pain and her trauma so much. Which is the perfect premise to make you forgive her for a lot of things.

The drama also has a lot of hooks so it’s not boring at all. Fast paced and sub plots don’t linger. Which I appreciated. Ishq Murshid, for example, is truly testing my patience these days. For a lot of weeks actually. And it has one mega plot and that’s it. Tere Bin had a bunch of sub plots which resolved within 3-4 episodes so its pacing was great. Ultimately, these things matter too and add up.

Edited by tgota92 - 7 months ago

Originally posted by: Kittykatkit

I kinda want to see Drashti as meerab but she seems past itv. If Karan Singh Grover still did tv those two as meerab and murtasim would bring the hype and chemistry

Not only Drashti,most of the popular actors are past ITV now.They have either moved to OTT or are on a break.Don't blame them because there is dearth of quality shows now.Shaheer is the only one who has worked even last year but his last few shows have been bad.Not worth watching.The current lot of shows can only be temporarily popular.Won't be remembered for years to come.Except a few of them,majority of the actors are also not that great.

Originally posted by: Haalim

He was very very bad in YRKKH. He used to be one of the best on ITV but his voice modulation seems poor now.

Looks part he can pull off.

Exactly he can't pull of such character's, yrkkh ke wajah se logo ko nafrat ho gayi uske awaaz sesmiley36

More than ml and chemistry of leads, I'm more interested in seeing who would agree to play an ungrateful, rude, freeloader and a spoilt brat that meerab as a character wassmiley39

Originally posted by: Haalim

The good actors have already moved on to movies & OTT.

Drashti would have been a great choice for Meerab, even KSG for Murtasim.

They are way past their prime now, can't play such youthful characters..

Originally posted by: Rashi23

Exactly he can't pull of such character's, yrkkh ke wajah se logo ko nafrat ho gayi uske awaaz sesmiley36

More than ml and chemistry of leads, I'm more interested in seeing who would agree to play an ungrateful, rude, freeloader and a spoilt brat that meerab as a character wassmiley39

Not anyone can make Meerab likeable despite all of that, like Yumna did 😂 I swear. She managed it. I don’t know how. Frustrated? I was. Oh boy. But at the same time those puppy eyes did you in 🥹

So yes. Meerab is the real challenge here. An actor who can pull off making her enjoyable/likeable and even root for her. It’s a tough one.

Edited by tgota92 - 7 months ago

If it was not for Yumna people would've been very critical of Meerab. The character was exactly how you described her smiley37

They are way past their prime now, can't play such youthful characters..

Drashti still looks good but KSG looks aged.

Originally posted by: tgota92

Not anyone can make Meerab likeable despite all of that, like Yumna did 😂 I swear. She managed it. I don’t know how. Frustrated? I was. Oh boy. But at the same time those puppy eyes did you in 🥹

So yes. Meerab is the real challenge here. An actor who can pull off making her enjoyable/likeable and even root for her. It’s a tough one.

Yumna played it well. The character falls flat without Yumna.