Chat Clubs

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 7 months ago

If Tere Bin is remade in ITV then chemistry between the leads would not be an issue. Gul & Ekta both have given iconic couples before, twitter was like crazy for them. Offscreen turned more ugly for some of the pairs because of shipping.

Only problem it would face is the casting of ML. ITV has like an extreme dearth of good male actors. The new lot doesn't know to act at all.

Kittykatkit thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Sheheryar Munawar

Originally posted by: Haalim

If Tere Bin is remade in ITV then chemistry between the leads would not be an issue. Gul & Ekta both have given iconic couples before, twitter was like crazy for them. Offscreen turned more ugly for some of the pairs because of shipping.

Only problem it would face is the casting of ML. ITV has like an extreme dearth of good male actors. The new lot doesn't know to act at all.

Harshad Chopda is the only person I can see pulling off that brooding angry young man persona. Barun isn’t that hot to me anymore but I few years back this would’ve been his

In the other thread, I read you said you haven’t even seen Tere Bin and don’t plan to? I’ve seen both IPKKND and Tere Bin. And you have to judge based on its entirety.

They’re both problematic shows but extremely watchable and loveable because of the leads. Not to mention they are iconic and global hits. And no need to feel guilty about either of them - it’s just fiction. Sometimes two very flawed people can be perfect for each other and that’s the point 🤷‍♀️ As long as you acknowledge the flaws

In terms of originality, the premise is original because the world they created - despite being seen before - subverts expectations. I’ve never seen a feudal lord like Murtasim before. Likewise, an adopted girls trauma that’s depicted by Meerab. Which she takes into her marriage. I even found the villains except one memorable. The story has its flaws but whenever I’ve seen a feudal story it was toxic as hell. So Tere Bin defied a lot of that toxicity. Murtasim defied a lot of it. I enjoyed these differences . And I have never ever seen a PTV drama where a woman continuously rebels against the trauma of a forced marriage. Despite how kind her husband is. In the drama, because of how patient Murtasim is with her, you expect Meerab to accept him. But she resists. I found that refreshing. And the theme of forced marriages and its long repercussions is stressed through the other two female characters as well. I love it. Not the usual “you’re married now, just accept it. He’s a good man etc etc” nonsense.

Edited by tgota92 - 7 months ago
Kittykatkit thumbnail

Sheheryar Munawar

The more I think about the tere bin remake the stupider it sounds to me. The entire drama is online with subtitles , Indians can easily access it . I hear ekta hasn’t had a hit show in a while but this seems like a bad business decision

Originally posted by: Kittykatkit

Harshad Chopda is the only person I can see pulling off that brooding angry young man persona. Barun isn’t that hot to me anymore but I few years back this would’ve been his

He was very very bad in YRKKH. He used to be one of the best on ITV but his voice modulation seems poor now.

Looks part he can pull off.

Kittykatkit thumbnail

Sheheryar Munawar

He was very very bad in YRKKH. He used to be one of the best on ITV but his voice modulation seems poor now.

Looks part he can pull off.

yeah I’ve seen clips of that show and it isn’t his best work . There really isn’t anyone else I can think of . Shaheer Sheikh is also there but he gives me more sweet guy next door then angry feudal lord

Originally posted by: tgota92

Im a huge IPKKND fan. Huge! Saw it in its prime days while it was airing but even I stopped after about god knows how many hundreds upon hundreds of episodes. Itv gets monotonous super fast. And I’m sorry but Barun was NOT a good actor. At least not at par with his lead. I love him and ASR to bits but Khushi carried that show for me on her shoulders - that and their chemistry.

The thing with Yumna and Wahaj is that they are both phenomenal, well matched in terms of their craft, and it’s a rare thing to get two great actors who somehow click in terms of chemistry too. And for it to not get monotonous.

Last month I rewatched some IPKKND episodes - the whole angst Arnav getting kidnapped bit - and I realised how bored some bits made me. It was so dragged? I shut that down and I watched Meerab’s kidnapping sequence 😂 Literally the thing plus the immediate after effects of the kidnapping lasted 3 episodes or something? And it was done so well? Just the whole treatment was a better vibe for me. Direct and to the point with great moments in between which actually move you. I think I prefer this no nonsense approach more. Although I remember loving the IPKKND Arnav getting kidnapped back in the day when it aired. Apparently now? Not so much 😞

And other than Khushi Arnav I haven’t found any other pairing with that much oomph in itv. It’s been a long dry spell. Miss the old days.

Agree.Arnav's kidnapping was such a drag! The problem with ITV is the length of the shows.They are good until 100-150 episodes.Then they start ruining character arcs because they are done with the story and are simply dragging it.But when you want to drop it,you can't because you are already hooked to the drama.

yeah I’ve seen clips of that show and it isn’t his best work . There really isn’t anyone else I can think of . Shaheer Sheikh is also there but he gives me more sweet guy next door then angry feudal lord

Besides, Ekta hasn't worked with HC after Tere Liye.

I have heard Shaheer was good in Mahabharat but in other shows he wasn't that impressive. That's why I feel getting a good casting for Murtasim is very tough. For Meerab they won't face much issues.

Kittykatkit thumbnail

Sheheryar Munawar

Besides, Ekta hasn't worked with HC after Tere Liye.

I have heard Shaheer was good in Mahabharat but in other shows he wasn't that impressive. That's why I feel getting a good casting for Murtasim is very tough. For Meerab they won't face much issues.

I kinda want to see Drashti as meerab but she seems past itv. If Karan Singh Grover still did tv those two as meerab and murtasim would bring the hype and chemistry

The more I think about the tere bin remake the stupider it sounds to me. The entire drama is online with subtitles , Indians can easily access it . I hear ekta hasn’t had a hit show in a while but this seems like a bad business decision

Bad decision. On top of a pathetic one. She’ll never hear the end of it 🤣