Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Viswasruti thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: BrhannadaArmour

I expected that a ten-word story in the Fan Fiction section wouldn't get any reader feedback, other than FAIL from a few members who seek out my stories to express hostility. I published my ten stories in eight books anyway, using the tag writethebite. I requested book cover art (one book at a time) to make the stories look appealing, but even now, when the covers are blank, the books are being viewed!

https://www.indiaforums.com/fanfiction/tag/2346

I was pleasantly surprised that the very first Like was a NICE from a member who never showed interest in my fan fiction before. I hope it's not just that she feels pressure because she got eight notifications, having become my Follower involuntarily when I requested comment migration from a fan fiction topic where she had replied by mistake. (I tried to leave her alone, honest!) I prefer to believe that she sincerely liked this story, and the brevity of Write the Bite stories is their appeal.

So, I encourage everyone else, go ahead and publish your stories in the Fan Fiction section (just use the link above and click the green Add FanFiction button), remember to include the tag writethebite, and request book cover art using the template.

Your zeal and passion for writing are much appreciated. ⭐️

The administrators of the Fanfiction website have this suggestion: 

Please compile all your mini stories into a single book, so that it looks decent, and meaningful.

And most importantly, it will be easier for readers to follow your thought process.

One more thing-- it will be convenient and comfortable to the graphicers to prepare a book cover for 1 book, rather than 10/12 book covers for each revered author who participated in this contest. Because, it'll be a time-consuming and tedious job for them. 

If possible, please give your explanations/ summary to every one line story as you already did for your first one line story, to facilitate the readers. 

You can post your entries as separate chapters in one book, but not as separate books. 

Edited by Viswasruti - 1 years ago
Shri_12 thumbnail
Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 6

Congratulations to all winners 🥳

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

Your zeal and passion for writing are much appreciated. ⭐️

The administrators of the Fanfiction website have this suggestion: 

Please compile all your mini stories into a single book, so that it looks decent, and meaningful.

And most importantly, it will be easier for readers to follow your thought process.

One more thing-- it will be convenient and comfortable to the graphicers to prepare a book cover for 1 book, rather than 10/12 book covers for each revered author who participated in this contest. Because, it'll be a time-consuming and tedious job for them. 

If possible, please give your explanations/ summary to every one line story as you already did for your first one line story, to facilitate the readers. 

You can post your entries as separate chapters in one book, but not as separate books. 

With approval from oye_nakhrewaali who is an FFEditor, I already created eight books with different genre tags, content tags, and entity tags. You are asking me to delete all of that work for what? So that there won't be too many books in the Fan Fiction section? Or because you assume that I have a single thought process connecting my stories? Or because each story doesn't deserve its own illustrative book cover?

One of my books has three chapters because three of my stories can be grouped under the genre tags Comedy and Family. When the Fan Fiction section allows only three genre tags per book, it does not make sense to create only one book out of my other seven stories that belong to twelve different genres.

Having separate books makes it easier for an author to write more chapters related to each story. For example, I am thinking of writing more stories about Jīva Zhālā Yeḍāpisā, baby Kṛṣṇa, or Jayadratha. Imagine my readers trying to read a book that is about all three subjects, with miscellaneous chapters about Nāgānanda, Indigenous land claims in the U.S.A., Kāraikkāl Ammaiyār, and Islamic science fiction. Imagine me asking for FFEditors' help a year from now, to split one book into seven books, when each chapter has Likes and Comments.

The Fan Fiction Book Cover Shop is a volunteer effort, and so Graphicers are under no obligation to take any request. If they don't feel inspired to create a cover for a particular story, they can tell me to go somewhere else. If I can't get illustrated covers and you don't like to see blank grey boxes, is it possible to create generic covers, like those for the Readers' Choice Awards?

My suggestion to you is to see whether any other participants in this contest are even interested in the Fan Fiction section. It has been twenty-five days since the last stories were written, twelve days since authors could see which of our stories got no votes, and five days since the results were announced with the suggestion that "The participants can feel free to publish their microtale collection in the FF forum, or FF section, or Writer's Corner forum if they wish to do so." Sutapasima chose to collect her stories in the Writers' Corner, priya185 collected her stories in the FF forum, and as far as I see, I'm the only one publishing in the FF section. So, the Graphicers have just one Write the Bite book cover to illustrate right now, and the "time-consuming and tedious job" may be a grand total of eight book covers over the next two or more months.

Viswasruti thumbnail

Originally posted by: BrhannadaArmour

With approval from oye_nakhrewaali who is an FFEditor, I already created eight books with different genre tags, content tags, and entity tags. You are asking me to delete all of that work for what? So that there won't be too many books in the Fan Fiction section? Or because you assume that I have a single thought process connecting my stories? Or because each story doesn't deserve its own illustrative book cover?

One of my books has three chapters because three of my stories can be grouped under the genre tags Comedy and Family. When the Fan Fiction section allows only three genre tags per book, it does not make sense to create only one book out of my other seven stories that belong to twelve different genres.

Having separate books makes it easier for an author to write more chapters related to each story. For example, I am thinking of writing more stories about Jīva Zhālā Yeḍāpisā, baby Kṛṣṇa, or Jayadratha. Imagine my readers trying to read a book that is about all three subjects, with miscellaneous chapters about Nāgānanda, Indigenous land claims in the U.S.A., Kāraikkāl Ammaiyār, and Islamic science fiction. Imagine me asking for FFEditors' help a year from now, to split one book into seven books, when each chapter has Likes and Comments.

The Fan Fiction Book Cover Shop is a volunteer effort, and so Graphicers are under no obligation to take any request. If they don't feel inspired to create a cover for a particular story, they can tell me to go somewhere else. If I can't get illustrated covers and you don't like to see blank grey boxes, is it possible to create generic covers, like those for the Readers' Choice Awards?

My suggestion to you is to see whether any other participants in this contest are even interested in the Fan Fiction section. It has been twenty-five days since the last stories were written, twelve days since authors could see which of our stories got no votes, and five days since the results were announced with the suggestion that "The participants can feel free to publish their microtale collection in the FF forum, or FF section, or Writer's Corner forum if they wish to do so." Sutapasima chose to collect her stories in the Writers' Corner, priya185 collected her stories in the FF forum, and as far as I see, I'm the only one publishing in the FF section. So, the Graphicers have just one Write the Bite book cover to illustrate right now, and the "time-consuming and tedious job" may be a grand total of eight book covers over the next two or more months.

As an organizer of that contest and as an FFE of the Fanfiction section, giving due respect to your wish, she would have said those words at that time. 😊

Here, now, I suggested you that to post  all your micro stories as one book because, it will facilitate you as a writer, and convenient to the readers as well as the graphicers to make it a good looking and meaningful book. 

Mine is a suggestion with a few convincing words. 

Regarding graphicers work, who are we to suggest? They have their own rules and regulations to follow, and as you rightly mentioned, it is a voluntary job they are doing, that we all must remember and appreciate.  So, it is up to you to choose whether to ask them or someone else for the book covers. 

It is my sincere advice to you, compile all in one book to make it look good. 

If anyone of us declares a rule or decides to make a decision, we always regard it to be a group decision and not an individual one.

Edited by Viswasruti - 1 years ago
oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

I didn't realise you would post them seperately. They were just 12 words, I just assumed you would compile them in one book as different chapters or something.😅

Aise toh we will have 272 books in the FF section, which is great for the site, but not for everyone else. 

Your readers will find your books compiled under one book and that's way more easier for the readers.

This, I can vouch for. I had 5 OSes on a couple and not wanting to overwork the FFEs and FFGs, I just made each OS as a chapter in an OS collection.

So just think about it.

Quantum-Dot thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rani_Sahiba

Congratulations jaan🤗 

Congratulations hina, SiMi, SP, WD, Bee🥳

Thanks Kusum 🤗😃

Quantum-Dot thumbnail

Originally posted by: nautankitadka

おめでとう お祝い Sticker - おめでとう お祝い クラッカー Stickersおめでとう お祝い Sticker - おめでとう お祝い パーティー StickersCongratulations Congrats Sticker - Congratulations Congrats Tonton Friends Stickers

Hearty Congratulations to all the winners, judges and the participants! smiley40

You are all incredible writers who are able to effectively communicate so much of depth with so little words as well. Hope you continue to cherish and build on this talent, and I get the opportunity to enjoy many more tales from you!! Stay blessed! smiley32 

Thank you to Shibu, Tiara and Sandhya for all your tireless efforts in organising, putting together so many entries in such a beautiful manner, sending out all the check-ins & PMs and these amazing siggies and badges! Stay blessed! smiley31

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dance Sticker - Dance StickersYaay GIFs | TenorCute Thank You GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

HOW did I get lucky enough to win? I am still trying to process that coz honestly I never feel like I deserve it. Had so much fun with this contest tho, sent in varied entries about the places I've lived and visited, experiences I've had, and I managed to even ghusedofy my family into one or two. Mast!😆

Thank you to Neha for informing me about this on Insta, otherwise I would have been clueless AF as usual! I'm soooooooo happppy right now, my heart is full smiley40smiley41

Thank you so so so much to everyone who voted and made me win, and for all the sweet wishes received so far. I've been on-and-off here and this is one of the best gifts I've unexpectedly received from the forum smiley27

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ImagenautankitadkaImage

Explaining the entries that were won/voted:

"Can you cook?" "Only Maggi." "Same." They had an understanding.

Context: An actual convo I had with my Indian roommate when I had first moved to the US. I am someone who does not enjoy cooking and Maggi (and ready-to-eat MTR) had been my saviour throughout the 6 year journey I was there😆😛

Hazratganj aloo-tokri chaat thi itni lajawab, Dil kho baithe thele pe janaab.

Context: I was in Lucknow this August to attend my childhood friend's wedding at Jalsa Resort, which is coincidentally in this very famous place ~ Hazratganj. At the chaat counter the thele wala bhaiyaa was trying to entertain us with some shayari to sell it to us as the best chaat in India (I'm still loyal to my Elco Market Sev Puri tho 😛) and I found it interesting so had written it down. Copied it as it is. Thank you thele wala bhaiya, this one's to you 😆👍🏼

Dairy Milk on bed. "Always proud of you, cadet" Dad's note said.

Context: I live in a joint family. My Kaka was in the army. He used to leave my Dadu, my sister and I notes like this when he came home or had to report back to duty ❤️

Aloo Bhujiya pe karte hue khusti, Ho gayi bhai-behen mein dosti.

Context: My Dadu (Kaka's son) and I used to fight a lot as kids. My Kaki found a unique way to make us stop, by making us share the Haldiram Aloo Bhujiya packet. We actually started being nice to each other in the greed that maybe maybe we'll get more 🤣

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know I might sound way too over-excited and act like this is an Oscar win or something, but sacchi mucchi this is as good as that for me. These last couple of weeks have been so depressing and uncertain for me for personal reasons, and this just made my day, week, month and year!! Thank You once again for everything!! 🥳

Humbly signing off,

Tannu 

Thanks for tagging. I really loved all of your microtales so much. Big congrats to you for the win. 🥳🥳Keep it up.

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Originally posted by: nautankitadka

HOW did I get lucky enough to win? I am still trying to process that coz honestly I never feel like I deserve it. Had so much fun with this contest tho, sent in varied entries about the places I've lived and visited, experiences I've had, and I managed to even ghusedofy my family into one or two. Mast!😆

Thank you to Neha for informing me about this on Insta, otherwise I would have been clueless AF as usual! I'm soooooooo happppy right now, my heart is full smiley40smiley41

🤗 tu jeeti to batana to padega hi😳

Thank you so so so much to everyone who voted and made me win, and for all the sweet wishes received so far. I've been on-and-off here and this is one of the best gifts I've unexpectedly received from the forum smiley27

ImagenautankitadkaImage

Explaining the entries that were won/voted:

"Can you cook?" "Only Maggi." "Same." They had an understanding.

Context: An actual convo I had with my Indian roommate when I had first moved to the US. I am someone who does not enjoy cooking and Maggi (and ready-to-eat MTR) had been my saviour throughout the 6 year journey I was there😆😛

🤣love this! I can't imagine living with such meals for 6 years but damn, that's a feat in itself 😆 jeetna to banta hai 😳😆

Hazratganj aloo-tokri chaat thi itni lajawab, Dil kho baithe thele pe janaab.

Context: I was in Lucknow this August to attend my childhood friend's wedding at Jalsa Resort, which is coincidentally in this very famous place ~ Hazratganj. At the chaat counter the thele wala bhaiyaa was trying to entertain us with some shayari to sell it to us as the best chaat in India (I'm still loyal to my Elco Market Sev Puri tho 😛) and I found it interesting so had written it down. Copied it as it is. Thank you thele wala bhaiya, this one's to you 😆👍🏼

Cute indeed😆

Dairy Milk on bed. "Always proud of you, cadet" Dad's note said.

Context: I live in a joint family. My Kaka was in the army. He used to leave my Dadu, my sister and I notes like this when he came home or had to report back to duty ❤️

🤗 OMG! 😳 this is heart-wrenching 😭🤗

Aloo Bhujiya pe karte hue khusti, Ho gayi bhai-behen mein dosti.

Context: My Dadu (Kaka's son) and I used to fight a lot as kids. My Kaki found a unique way to make us stop, by making us share the Haldiram Aloo Bhujiya packet. We actually started being nice to each other in the greed that maybe maybe we'll get more 🤣

🤣 now that's a good one, i'mma steal it 🤣

😳

kavya1994 thumbnail

Congratulations to all the winners👏🥳

Nush_Rat thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Congratulations to all the winners! 🥳     🥳